• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 105 posts

Posted 04 October 2012 - 12:55 PM

View PostRedshift2k5, on 04 October 2012 - 10:05 AM, said:

Actually the Jagermech and the Spider were covered last week:

Q: What variants are planned for the Jagermech, Spider, Flea? [Redshift2k5]
A: Spider: SDR-5V, SDR-5k, SDR-5D. JagerMech: JM6-DD, JM6-S, JM6-A. I don't have the Flea variants handy, sorry [Garth]

Ta for that, I think I missed that being answered somewhere, oh well still got my other question anyways lol

#22 Nash

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Clan Exemplar
  • Clan Exemplar
  • 658 posts
  • LocationGermany, Freiburg

Posted 04 October 2012 - 01:15 PM

1.) Is it possible to change the direction of your jump while you are using your jump jets so that you may first jump in one direction but than you may get a slight curve? If it isn't are you planing to implement something like that?

2.) Even if it isn't a question directly concerning the game but what is interesting me... ;) : Is there a possibility that you could encounter a complete team of Devs/Mods at a match. e.g. a special event once in a month or something like that?

3.) Are you planing to develop something like a training room for the fractions? (e.g. something like the tutorial but vs real opponents which are also at a TS channel or something so they can give you some info about your gameplay... ^^ )

4.) Is it possible to run along between the legs of an Atlas if you pilot a flea? :D (Actually the flea has 20 tons and an Atlas 100 tons (and is much smaller)

5.) Is it possible to make a head shot at a mech if you are at his back? (of course only if his head/cockpit is high enough so that you can see it?)

6.) When will be the release date of the missing mech variants (not the not yet implemented mechs but of those mechs who are already ingame)

7.) There was once a thread where someone asked about some ideas we want to see as gimmick at our mech cockpit...something as it was announced at the PC Gamers Magazine. Are there more gimmicks coming and are they available? (with MC or CB or GXP?)

8.) Are there also other insignias available not only the faction insingias and if yes...can you earn them or do you have to buy them?

9.) If there will be Clan tags, will they be available only for mercs units or also for units of the different factions?

10.) If you are at the main menu, is it possible to implement a pop up system if you recieve a private message?

11.) Even if this question might be similar to question No.3... When and will it be possible to arrange specific matches? (not only the hit and miss variant as it is now ^^ )

#23 Nash

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Clan Exemplar
  • Clan Exemplar
  • 658 posts
  • LocationGermany, Freiburg

Posted 04 October 2012 - 01:18 PM

12.) Will the complete dev team be up to dress as 'hula-boys' ;) and make a picture for the MWO community? ^^

Edited by Nash, 04 October 2012 - 01:19 PM.

#24 Norris J Packard

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,972 posts

Posted 04 October 2012 - 01:31 PM

Since we've all seen the picture, and the NDA is gone, can you guys comment on what Highlander variants might be added?

#25 Phoenix Branson

• Legendary Founder
  • 1,173 posts
  • LocationTexas

Posted 04 October 2012 - 01:37 PM

Will MWO have a musical soundtrack?

Edited by Maverick01, 04 October 2012 - 04:33 PM.

#26 Tsyrker

Rookie

• Giant Helper
  • Giant Helper
  • 2 posts

Posted 04 October 2012 - 01:39 PM

View PostNorris J Packard, on 04 October 2012 - 01:31 PM, said:

Since we've all seen the picture, and the NDA is gone, can you guys comment on what Highlander variants might be added?

I also want to know this.

#27 Renthrak

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 902 posts

Posted 04 October 2012 - 01:44 PM

Are there any plans to allow Flamers to be used to light terrain on fire, or will they remain exclusively used to add heat to an enemy 'Mech?

#28 Malefax

Rookie

• 3 posts
  • LocationToronto

Posted 04 October 2012 - 02:06 PM

Will each planet in community warfare have a different map or set of maps associated with it?

#29 Virisken

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 185 posts

Posted 04 October 2012 - 02:21 PM

1) do you plan to add famous mechs like warhammer, rifleman and marauder to the game or dont you own the rights for that models?

3) will you add some life to the maps (driving cars..wind that effect trees, random rain, maybe some airplanes chasing each other in the air? maybe sounds of mg and artilleryfire from far away? and so on)?

4)will you add a kind of achievment system (something like, kill X enemys with a headshot, survive X rounds as a scout, kill an opponent while your ct has less then 10points internal structure left etc.)?

5) will heat effect movement and maye aiming (e.g. slower crosshair or torso movement)?

6) how many mechs will be available at launch? or how many mechs will you implement within the next 12 months?

7) will there be a usefull tutorial for newcommers?

8) are you thinking about adding a (small) singleplayer campaign with a entertaining story?

9) are there plans to add arrow4 to the game...and if yes..how will it work? (loved to lay mine-fields with arrow4 in TT )

10) when introducing the clans..will all clanweapons be introduced too? i'm bit affraid, that a mech with e.g. 2x AC20 ultra could be too powerfull

Edited by Virisken, 04 October 2012 - 04:55 PM.

#30 Uragiri Miyuki

Rookie

• 9 posts

Posted 04 October 2012 - 03:13 PM

In the current beta economy you always walk away with enough C-bills to cover your basic cost of repairs. With more customization and higher ticket items being added/still to come will it be possible to come out of a match "in the hole." Ie, you didn't make enough money to cover the full cost of repairs to your mech?

View PostMalefax, on 04 October 2012 - 02:06 PM, said:

Will each planet in community warfare have a different map or set of maps associated with it?

I second this question.

Edited by Uragiri Miyuki, 04 October 2012 - 05:15 PM.

#31 Joe Mallad

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Rage
  • Rage
  • 3,740 posts
  • LocationMichigan

Posted 04 October 2012 - 03:58 PM

read the new PC gamer and read the community warfare section and it says that factions fight factions and mercs fight mercs but there is no merc vs faction warfare? Why not?

#32 CloaknDagger

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 499 posts

Posted 04 October 2012 - 04:05 PM

Q1: Currently heat and weapon balance is horribly broken because you devs for some reason decided to triple the heat, damage, and ammo consumption over 10 seconds for weapons.

Notably the 4x Medium Laser Jenner has a DPS of about 1 damage per second, while a SINGLE Gauss Rifle does about 5 damage per second.

Are you going to go back to the canon values for every 10 seconds to stop canon designs from being terrible?

Q2: If you aren't going to use the canon damage and heat values over 10 seconds, then what in the heck are you using any of them for?

They flat out don't work if you only do half of it. You can't just triple RoF and double armor and expect balance.

Q3: And on that note, is there going to be a heat scale like in canon? Again, you can't have balanced energy weapons without the heat scale unless you maul canon numbers. In which case go back to Q2.

Edited by CloaknDagger, 04 October 2012 - 04:11 PM.

#33 Vovochka404

• PipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 66 posts
  • LocationRussia/Vladivostok

Posted 04 October 2012 - 04:56 PM

How soon there will be an UTF-8 in game chat?

#34 Raketenwurm

• Pip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 10 posts
  • LocationMunich

Posted 04 October 2012 - 05:27 PM

Do you plan to enable targeting friendly units?
I would find it really helpfull to know the equipment and armor status of my mates in order to better coordinate attack / defences.

Thanks a lot!

Edited by Raketenwurm, 04 October 2012 - 05:36 PM.

#35 Skylarr

• Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 1,646 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • LocationThe Restaurant at the End of the Universe

Posted 04 October 2012 - 06:20 PM

I know it was stated in the past that the external armor was double, but, was the Internal Structure doubled? Or was it left as stated in the TRO for each Mech?

Is there any plans to change the Narc to a Fire and Forget weapon with a set duration of activity?

#36 QuantumStorm

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Messenger
  • The Messenger
  • 148 posts

Posted 04 October 2012 - 06:55 PM

With all the Gaussapult threads out there, I would like to ask what is the Dev's stance on the mech.

It is fine the way it is?
We are going to move the Rifles to the arms?
We are going to move the hardpoints to the CT?

I know you guys will always watch the balance but I am curious what your current thought on the build is "at this moment"?

While I can say I won't cry foul one way or the other (and I am a K2 pilot) I am aware any answer will probably cause epic forum wrath. But then at least it would be decided one way or the other.

#37 AC Rimak

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 241 posts
  • LocationAarhus, Denmark

Posted 04 October 2012 - 07:31 PM

Will there be a software so players can create maps?
And even more to that - will there be a "custom" game mode? (player created maps, defined rules, scenarios etc...)
Why did the Urbanmech cross the road?

Edited by AC Rimak, 04 October 2012 - 07:32 PM.

#38 Watchit

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 2,235 posts
  • LocationOrlando

Posted 04 October 2012 - 07:48 PM

Unseen plz?

#39 DrnkJawa

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Tip of the Spear
  • The Tip of the Spear
  • 488 posts
  • LocationIn an urbie aiming at your crotch

Posted 04 October 2012 - 11:38 PM

Any chances to get a map with such a thick fog(im talking about fog so thick you cant see an atlas 5 mechs ahead of you) that usual viewing mode would be uselss and players would have to use either thermal or some module viewing mode? And whens the urbie going to be announced?

Edited by DrnkJawa, 04 October 2012 - 11:39 PM.

#40 tekka

• PipPip
  • 43 posts
  • LocationAUSTRALIA

Posted 05 October 2012 - 01:12 AM

with the open beta pushed back so much as it was supposed to ne, is the clan invasion with you guys still set for march 3050 (ie will we get our hands on those mchs in march) or has that been pushed back as well till june at the first known major battle with the clans?

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users