Help! Saitek X52 Pro (Joystick + Throttle)

12 replies to this topic

#1 MjolnirZ

Rookie

• 5 posts

Posted 08 October 2012 - 05:56 PM

I just recieved my Saitek X52 Pro Joystick and Throttle controller system.
I'm in love. All the customizable LED's.. Every button is right where I need it.

However I'm having an issue with the Throttle.

I've searched and searched for a resolution for this issue. Trying everything I can for the past 5 hours, but to no prevail. -- I installed the drivers and the software that came with it. -- They were junk, so I updated them via the Saitek Website.

When I open "Options" inside Mechwarrior Online, everything is working great. Everytime I try to bind an action to a Joystick Button/Axis, everything is working smoothly.

Only one issue, I cant move in the game. I set "Throttle" to "j0-Axis_Z" which is when you move the Throttle on the left forward, and backwards. However nothing happens.

It still registers inside the options as "Sure, we'll let you set this stick to throttle, but nothing is going to happen."

I've set it to Fall Back in the Saitek software. I've set it to Unprogrammed.

I've even set Throttle Direction + to "W" and Throttle Direction - to "S" and still nothing once the game starts.

Help. :)

#2 Maverick Howell

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 162 posts
  • LocationHawaii

Posted 09 October 2012 - 02:19 AM

mine isn't the pro but its the x52 and when i set my throttle to the "j0-Axis_Z" as well it only reads me as pulling it back to go forward which is funky. but not only that when i push it forward i dont slow down nothing happens at all actually my mech just keeps running. not to mention im having a hell of a time with the joystick and setting up the look left and look right directions. post a picture of how your joystick is set up atm from the mwo options menu.

#3 MjolnirZ

Rookie

• 5 posts

Posted 09 October 2012 - 07:36 AM

Strange that's the exact problem I had today.
I woke up this morning hoping it was just a bad dream, and that I'd go downstairs, turn the game on.. and the throttle would work and it was all just a nightmare. I was wrong.

Same issue, I did manage to get it to work for a moment of time. But it was only Pulling back to go forwards? And Pushing forwards didn't do jack squat. And whats with the LED's that turn on the throttle. If you push them forward, they turn Red from Green which makes me think there's a prebuilt cut-off point?

And I'm finding another issue, if I set Throttle + to W, and Throttle - to S, it sits there spamming wssswswswwwwwsswsws in the game because of deadzone maybe?

All I know is, I used to play Mechwarrior 2 as a child with a Joystick. Those were the happiest and fondest memories of my life.
The fact that this isn't working, is heart crushing.

</3

#4 CyBerkut

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 609 posts
  • LocationSomewhere north of St. Petersburg

Posted 09 October 2012 - 03:21 PM

If you haven't checked out this thread in the Beta forums, you really need to:
http://mwomercs.com/...ech-saitek-fix/

Eternal Core along with some help from others, has really done a nice job with providing useful information there.

In general, some things to watch out for...

- Do not setup conflicts between the MWO client's Menu/Options (joystick column) and your SST (Saitek profiling software). Set a joystick button assignment in one place or the other, not both. I recommend setting the joystick button commands in SST, as that will alllow you to use the multiple modes and advanced commands available to you there. However, you can have a very useful set of commands by just using the MWO client's menu/Options settings instead. If you decide to use SST, then you need to clear the designations out on the MWO client's menu/Options joystick column.

- Do not create conflicts for the joystick/throttle axis designations either. You *really* need to make those designations in the MWO client's Menu/options joystick column. Set all conflicting axis designations in SST to "Fallback" unless you really know what you are doing.

- Be aware that if you have multiple game controllers connected to your computer, it may not be seeing your X-52 / X-52 Pro as j0 (joystick 0).

- Be aware that joystick support is not yet fully implemented. The leg turning is not yet an analog axis control. Even with your joystick axis designated, the game client is currently handling it as Full Left - Off - Full Right. It will get corrected eventually.

--------------------

Be aware that there are commands that can be edited into the user.cfg file to alter the behavior of your controller. There are commands for inverting the throttle axis, and also for changing it from "0 to 100%" over to a "-100% to +100%" type of control. See Eternal Core's thread referenced above.

#5 MjolnirZ

Rookie

• 5 posts

Posted 09 October 2012 - 09:55 PM

I did everything EternalCore said to, and still nothing. I just can't get the Throttle to work, regardless of what I do. It still works when registering the Binding in Options. I really am lost.

#6 MjolnirZ

Rookie

• 5 posts

Posted 09 October 2012 - 11:01 PM

It seems like my game is unaffected by the user.cfg editing. :\

#7 Sgt Minuteman

• PipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 51 posts

Posted 09 October 2012 - 11:19 PM

I play with mouse and keys, I cant even get my Thrustmaster T 160000M throttle to work...targeting is easier with mouse....

#8 MjolnirZ

Rookie

• 5 posts

Posted 10 October 2012 - 12:42 AM

Hey! I think I may have fixed it! Alright. So
When you're in options. Leave throttle bind something to throttle, and then bind it back with another key and leave it blank.
Set your throttle to Unprogrammed in SST Software

#9 von Pilsner

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,043 posts
  • LocationColorado

Posted 10 October 2012 - 02:39 PM

I believe inserting the following in user.cfg will change the throttle default behavior.
cl_joystick_invert_throttle = 0
cl_joystick_throttle_range = 0

I'm using a different stick but it worked for me.

Edited by von Pilsner, 10 October 2012 - 02:39 PM.

#10 DocHolly

Rookie

• 2 posts

Posted 19 December 2012 - 01:57 PM

View PostCyBerkut, on 09 October 2012 - 03:21 PM, said:

If you haven't checked out this thread in the Beta forums, you really need to:
http://mwomercs.com/...ech-saitek-fix/

Hi,

As a new player I cannot access that thread, could someone be so kind and post the information here please?

#11 CyBerkut

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 609 posts
  • LocationSomewhere north of St. Petersburg

Posted 19 December 2012 - 03:09 PM

View PostDocHolly, on 19 December 2012 - 01:57 PM, said:

Hi,

As a new player I cannot access that thread, could someone be so kind and post the information here please?

The forums got re-organized when the game went Open Beta. That link is dead now. Do a search for Eternal Core's thread(s) on the Saitek X52, and you should find what you need.

#12 DocHolly

Rookie

• 2 posts

Posted 21 December 2012 - 12:45 PM

View PostCyBerkut, on 19 December 2012 - 03:09 PM, said:

The forums got re-organized when the game went Open Beta. That link is dead now. Do a search for Eternal Core's thread(s) on the Saitek X52, and you should find what you need.

Thanks for the info.
Found it here: http://mwomercs.com/...ech-saitek-fix/

#13 Atheist Prime

Rookie

• 2 posts

Posted 26 March 2013 - 09:04 AM

I tried to bind my Throttle to the forward button and it behaved like you are describing. What a horror when i found out that i had used 3 hours trying to configure it instead of looking at the bottom of the keybind list.

Analog Throttle :D works like a charm now.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users