Open beta starts next week

172 replies to this topic

#161 Inveramsay

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 621 posts
  • LocationStar's End

Posted 11 October 2012 - 05:52 AM

I wonder if they are just running out of money and have to release to get a bit of cash flow? I really want to plonk $60 into this game for a founders but seeing the beta I won't bother.

All "this is beta" nonsense is just silly, when you go open beta that is basically release which means that a game like this won't last long, I think christmas is a bit too soon to die but by easter I suspect it'll only be a couple of hardcore players left. I hope I'm wrong though but my hope is pretty quashed by now.

#162 Belorion

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 5,469 posts
  • LocationEast Coast

Posted 11 October 2012 - 07:02 AM

Community warfare will be here by mid January.

#163 Black Ivan

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 1,698 posts

Posted 11 October 2012 - 07:47 AM

Open Beta is a bad idea. The game is far from ready for that. The great houses are missing, weapons and eqipment are missing, weh have actually ONE game mode and 4 maps.

I don't hope it is a sign of desperasion that they are running out of money.

Summed up I think the start fo Open Beta next week will be the beginning of the end for MWO.

#164 Belorion

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 5,469 posts
  • LocationEast Coast

Posted 11 October 2012 - 08:00 AM

There is much slated for the 16, and even more in the rest os oct.

#165 Davion5150

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 303 posts

Posted 11 October 2012 - 09:51 AM

View Postabriael, on 11 October 2012 - 01:09 AM, said:

You don't lose anything, as your paid subscription only gives you enhanced rewards in terms of cbill and xp. It doesn't gate any content away. Considering that there won't be a wipe, all your paid subscription entails (IE: the additional money and experience it makes you earn) will be carried over permanently and you won't lose it when and if you decide to play for free.

As a matter of fact, it gives you an advantage over those that will start playing after you, so the earlier it starts going into effect, the better for you.

Its only better if you are going to play more during this 'open beta' stage. I expect alot of people would rather play more once there is more content. These people would not benefit with their premium time starting at 'open beta'.

#166 Dodger79

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,552 posts
  • LocationHamburg, Germany

Posted 11 October 2012 - 09:58 AM

View PostDavion5150, on 11 October 2012 - 09:51 AM, said:

Its only better if you are going to play more during this 'open beta' stage. I expect alot of people would rather play more once there is more content. These people would not benefit with their premium time starting at 'open beta'.

And, even if abriael is playing a perfectly fine game without major flaws, there's still the problem that at the moment it's just hard and pure luck to earn money and xp due to disconnects, server timeouts, ctd and so on. I played 5 games now this evening, only 2 of them i was able to end "correctly", 1 was a server timeout (or some kind of) where suddenly everybody was laggy as hell, fps dropped from 50 to below 10, basecapture wasn't recognized by the server and nothing happend after the clock stopped to ticking down after 15 minutes, 1 was a disconnect and 1 was a crash to desktop (the first one since i am in beta around end of July). So i am not even able to earn money and xp in half the matches i play and for THAT my premium time counts? Honestly, that's a nogo...

#167 Bakra

• PipPip
  • 35 posts
  • LocationArlington, Texas

Posted 11 October 2012 - 09:59 AM

I feel bad for the people who bought this weeks Oct 9th issue of PC Gamer for the beta keys. At least they got the nifty monkey & paint scheme.

#168 Belorion

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 5,469 posts
  • LocationEast Coast

Posted 11 October 2012 - 10:15 AM

There were other ways to get a key. The paint scheme was the only real reason to get it. Well and the article.

#169 Sheriff x

• PipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 51 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationBlue trails of smoke-haze lifting in the cockpit while Betty screams incessantly

Posted 11 October 2012 - 09:21 PM

View PostDodger79, on 11 October 2012 - 02:30 AM, said:

It's not about "my car is bigger then yours", it's about foundery that kind of kickstarted this game for free players now getting insulted by these. THAT is stupid. Or do you also insult tax payers for them paying for things like infrastructure, healthcare, education? You get something for free and insult the ones paying for your free pleasure, that' s not as smart as you seem to think...

Actually, it is "my car is better than yours" syndrome (better, not bigger).

Personally, I've lowered myself to the level of something below grade school just by self warranting a response to this dribble you've deemed a modicum of necessity to post.

You kickstarted nothing more than many other "non-founder" members and myself have started. We all as players, by showing interest in Mechwarrior, have helped push this game forward in many ways, whether by speaking about it or simply playing.

I paid more for (x) than you did, therefore you better be thanking me. The joke's on you, clown.

Edited by Tenth Hammer, 11 October 2012 - 09:22 PM.

#170 Kolja

• PipPip
  • 29 posts

Posted 11 October 2012 - 09:47 PM

Bottom line - I have a computer that exceeds the minimum specs and yet have unplayable 17fps in game. Starting the clock on my founders time in this state is not acceptable. Period.

#171 Sheriff x

• PipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 51 posts
  • LocationBlue trails of smoke-haze lifting in the cockpit while Betty screams incessantly

Posted 11 October 2012 - 10:04 PM

View PostKolja, on 11 October 2012 - 09:47 PM, said:

Bottom line - I have a computer that exceeds the minimum specs and yet have unplayable 17fps in game. Starting the clock on my founders time in this state is not acceptable. Period.

Don't take this wrong, but your post is an amazing mood lightener in comparison to my troll gargling.

AND I'M NOT SO SURE ABOUT THE BLUE FIST IN YOUR PORTRAIT... THAT'S THE GOOD GUYS, RIGHT?

Right?

#172 Levon K

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 324 posts
  • LocationToronto

Posted 11 October 2012 - 10:15 PM

This is way too soon. The game doesn't even patch / install properly anymore. Bye bye premium time.

Enjoy the donation.

#173 Sheriff x

• PipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 51 posts

Posted 12 October 2012 - 12:05 PM

View PostLevon K, on 11 October 2012 - 10:15 PM, said:

This is way too soon. The game doesn't even patch / install properly anymore. Bye bye premium time.

Enjoy the donation.

Another reason why I believe I haven't donated yet... I see a lot of people complaining about the loss of time, especially when it technically doesn't matter at this point - correct?

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users