108 replies to this topic

#101 Odanan

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 8,205 posts
  • LocationBrazil

Posted 11 October 2012 - 04:54 PM

Someone could copy-past all the answered questions and put in a single post? (for the ultra mega extremely lazy)

(that Reddit is chaotic)

#102 Flux Reversal

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 180 posts
  • LocationSpace City, TX

Posted 11 October 2012 - 04:59 PM

All this sarcasm is lost on me. :)

#103 Valdr_Skeggjoar

• PipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 46 posts
  • LocationWishing that these mech's where real not just on paper.

Posted 11 October 2012 - 08:12 PM

:angry:Well looky at all the expert computer programers we have here!! :rolleyes: I am so glad that all the programers (using term loosely) are so sure of the inevitable and forthcoming failure that we all should run in circles screaming "the sky is falling" until we all go insane? Its their project they know it a hell of a lot better than 99.7% of us! So if it is that much of an issue for ya, move on, this isn't the only MMO out there. Far as I'm concerned I'm happy that Mechwarrior is back!! As a great man once said "look at the both sides", Mechwarrioronline could have not happened at all!! My advice is roll with it, (as we've been doing) or move on.
:D It'll only get better!

"SALUTE"

#104 Dalz

Rookie

• 1 posts

Posted 11 October 2012 - 11:06 PM

Yup...

#105 sts47

• PipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 52 posts
  • LocationOhio

Posted 11 October 2012 - 11:52 PM

[color=#888888]
[–]BIackBaron 9 points 9 hours ago[/color]

Why are patch notes generally incomplete? Is it due to internal communication issues or did you not find the changes notable?

[–]PGI_Erlam 7 points 8 hours ago[/color]

How do you mean?

[color=#888888]
[–]Amechwarrior 5 points 8 hours ago*[/color]

For example UAC5 double fires and later it's jamming were not on the patch notes. Every patch the community finds extra things that have changed and should have been on the patch notes but were left out. Anyone else remember a few undocumented patch features?
edit: Also the constant changes to caustic valleys pipes and power plant.

[color=#888888]
[–]the_cheese 4 points 8 hours ago[/color]

The patch notes often omit solid numbers, mysterious things known as "small changes" are never specified, and sometimes changes are just plain not in the patch notes.

[–]GokuKerensky 2 points 8 hours ago[/color]

With all respect to PGI, doubling the rate of fire of a weapon is not a small change when it comes to game balance.

[–]buildertjb 3 points 8 hours ago[/color]

There have been many changes not noted in the patch notes, first one that comes to mind is the implementation of the UAC/5 Jamming, and the mechanic to unjam it
Along with other less than clear explanations like "we increased the range of the ER PPC" .. but you forgot to mention that you reduced the "max Range" from 3x to 2x
those are just a couple of examples, i'm sure there have been plenty of changes that were not noted in the patch notes, and had to be discovered by players. Who knows how many that have gone undiscovered completely

[–]PGI_Erlam 2 points 8 hours ago[/color]

I think it's just a patchnote thing. Often it's because to 99% of people the numbers are arbitrary - they want to know LRM's have been nerfed, not to what number ;) [–]the_cheese 1 point 8 hours ago[/color]

what?
no
NO!
I WANT THE DAMN NUMBERS PGI GIMMIE THE NUMBERS

[color=#888888]
<a class="expand" href="http://www.reddit.com/r/IAmA/comments/11bvw1/we_are_the_developers_of_mechwarrior_online_a/#" style="text-decoration: none; color: rgb(51, 102, 153); margin-left: 0px; margin-right: 3px; padding: 1px; ">[–]dsi1 1 point 1 hour ago[/color]

What!? People always want the numbers.

Edited by sts47, 11 October 2012 - 11:54 PM.

#106 Monsoon

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 1,631 posts
  • LocationToronto, On aka Kathil

Posted 12 October 2012 - 04:26 AM

View PostSolis Obscuri, on 11 October 2012 - 03:59 PM, said:

Paul comes through again! :D

So, does that mean I'm getting my ingame /emote gangnam-style? Sweet! :huh:

#107 Redshift2k5

Welcoming Committee

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Stone Cold
  • Stone Cold
  • 11,975 posts
  • LocationNewfoundland

Posted 12 October 2012 - 10:01 AM

Very nice (easy to read!) recap of the Reddit AMA right here: http://www.reddit.co...omments/11cx59/

#108 Power Triping Guild Leader

• PipPip
  • 49 posts

Posted 12 October 2012 - 05:52 PM

Good to know PGI supports a site that loves defending child ****. http://news.yahoo.co...-145854455.html and http://www.slate.com...olentacres.html

Edited by Power Triping Guild Leader, 12 October 2012 - 05:55 PM.

#109 Elizander

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 7,540 posts
  • LocationPhilippines

Posted 13 October 2012 - 06:37 AM

Nice replies. I suppose the Open Beta answer makes it clear enough to those screaming to remain in Closed Beta forever. :)

21 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 21 guests, 0 anonymous users