#21 Jammers

• PipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 37 posts
  • LocationDublin, Ireland

Posted 06 November 2011 - 02:39 AM

Hi guys

I used to play Mech2 / Netmech on Kali around '96 and '97. Can't remember the name I used then, probably something like Nitro-G, but I am pretty sure I used to be in GC with a guy who was a submariner from the States. I'm playing from Ireland.

Really happy to see this announcement, and if we can get the old style ladders up and running again, it would be cool : )

#22 CasualT

• PipPipPip
  • 54 posts
  • LocationThe Rock

Posted 06 November 2011 - 01:22 PM

I played Kali for MW for a short amount of time. I just got caught up in real life stuff. But I enjoyed every minute that I was with those guys.

Edited by CasualT, 06 November 2011 - 01:23 PM.

#23 DCM Elektrik

• PipPipPip
  • 63 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 07 November 2011 - 02:27 PM

View PostSid~Rood, on 03 November 2011 - 09:29 AM, said:

Hawk... this must be a dream come true for you. hahahah REHASH baby... [DCM]Havoc... Grand Council IHxSid~Rood... NBT

...well at least we know your alive....BTW, you better talk to CC-he's still denying he stole your hover limo....

EDIT: spelling

Edited by dcm elektrik, 07 November 2011 - 02:28 PM.

#24 WM CyberWolf

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 199 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationHouston, TX

Posted 10 November 2011 - 05:48 AM

View PostWickedvicar, on 02 November 2011 - 03:23 PM, said:

I played on Kali95 and in the Grand Council as a member of the Widow Maker Clan. Dos Netmech and Mechwarrior 2 WIN95. Learned how to circle strafe and lag fight with the best of them. The handle I used was Redleg75.

RED!!! Good to see ya bud!
~ CyberWolf

#25 WM CyberWolf

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 199 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationHouston, TX

Posted 10 November 2011 - 05:50 AM

This is an awesome thread, Man those were the good times my friends!

CyberWolf of Clan WidowMaker
Grand Council member since 1996

#26 Bjorn2bwild

Rookie

• 3 posts

Posted 10 November 2011 - 04:45 PM

View Postjezebel, on 03 November 2011 - 04:08 PM, said:

Wow! Really thought I'd never see you again. I think I spoke to Dingo and Dukes more recently than I spoke to you - and that had to be 5 years ago... Those were definitely The Days. The.

Greetings!

I was never on Kali95, but I know Dingo and Dukes IRL and have played TT with them since the mid 90's. I'm sure they'll make their way over here at some point

Cheers!

#27 Cyber Carns

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 203 posts
  • LocationArc Royal

Posted 16 November 2011 - 04:51 PM

TKZ league, Clan FireMadrill here.

#28 Cyber Carns

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 203 posts
  • LocationArc Royal

Posted 16 November 2011 - 04:53 PM

View Postjezebel, on 03 November 2011 - 09:23 AM, said:

Oh Kali ... I miss Kali drops. Played with TKZ Wolf Clan (<WC>NightMare Carns) and GC Coyote ( Cy~Utahraptor ) - hey, I was 12, it's OK that my names sucked.

I really miss the old style team and drops, the assigned wings... ahh nostalgia.

<S> and other Carns, greetings Brother

#29 Glamdring

• PipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 41 posts
  • LocationTexas

Posted 16 November 2011 - 07:28 PM

I never played on Kali, I was always over on Mplayer, but I recognize a few of the names here. Many of you were crossovers I think.

#30 Cyber Carns

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 203 posts
  • LocationArc Royal

Posted 16 November 2011 - 11:40 PM

View PostGlamdring, on 16 November 2011 - 07:28 PM, said:

I never played on Kali, I was always over on Mplayer, but I recognize a few of the names here. Many of you were crossovers I think.

Did both on mplayer was JW Cyber Carns

#31 Thoman Coston2

• Pip
  • 16 posts

Posted 17 November 2011 - 06:03 AM

View Postgoshawk, on 03 November 2011 - 09:18 AM, said:

I was in BSp and then JF on the Grand Council for quite some time. I want to say from 94 till mech4 came out.
My name was Kibble if anyone remembers me.

Kali was fun, stumbled to it by accident, got recruited by a Clan (CSF), told to download netmech and got suckered into MW world ever since.
Hey Kibble, think I remembered that callsign, JF_Kibble of GC

Kali: Dayak played with Clan Sea Fox with Mammon, Stone, Hele,Alex, Cyprus, CrazyPig, Psychotix RIP and later Diamond Shark with Jaguar, Tamama, Ravensbro,...

Mplayer: DesCastris played with Silent Dragons

Damn time flies :)

Edited by Thoman Coston, 17 November 2011 - 06:03 AM.

#32 Glamdring

• PipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 41 posts
  • LocationTexas

Posted 17 November 2011 - 10:22 PM

View PostCyber Carns, on 16 November 2011 - 11:40 PM, said:

Did both on mplayer was JW Cyber Carns

Yeah, I went through a few different names. I started out as GB Napoleon with Clan Grey Bear under Skystalker and Babs, then changed my name, to umm.. I think Solar Wind?? lol, I was kinda young, it sounded cool at the time.... I can't remember the name of the clan I was with then, but I remember the Khan was Steelclaw. Later a friend of mine (DarkHelmet) and myself started our own clan the Steel Talon Republic, and I became STR Glamdring. We were in the NSL for a couple cycles. We did pretty well, because by then I was getting to be pretty damn good in C1, and I had managed to recruit a couple of guys playing under alternate names. I think they may have originally been from Kali or Heat, but they both had pirate names. One was Sailor_boy, and the other one was Captain something I think.... anyways they always talked like pirates, and never broke character. It was pretty funny, and they were both pretty good. One was as good as me, and the other was a little better. With the three of us we gave Draconis Combine a run for their money in the NSL. Was fun. After that I joined the navy, so never really played much again, but I always missed it.

#33 VoodooLou Kerensky

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 595 posts
  • LocationMember #2618

Posted 17 November 2011 - 11:16 PM

LOL! Yeah Kali for Grand Council (Blood Spirit, Widow Maker(which is still commanded by CyberWolf http://www.widowmakers.com/), Smoke Jaguar, Snow Ravens; all as VoodooLou. TKZ with Clan Black Sheep NBT with Shadow Rat Marauders also as VoodooLou (Hell the games change Never the Name :) )

#34 Dacobra

• Pip
  • 14 posts
  • LocationYour planet soon

Posted 18 November 2011 - 01:52 AM

Cheers.

SRM (CO) Dacobra

#35 Chewsmoka

• Pip
  • 15 posts

Posted 18 November 2011 - 02:16 AM

View PostVoodooLou Kerensky, on 17 November 2011 - 11:16 PM, said:

LOL! Yeah Kali for Grand Council (Blood Spirit, Widow Maker(which is still commanded by CyberWolf http://www.widowmakers.com/), Smoke Jaguar, Snow Ravens; all as VoodooLou. TKZ with Clan Black Sheep NBT with Shadow Rat Marauders also as VoodooLou (Hell the games change Never the Name :D )

Holy hell could it be! The VooDooLou that inducted me into Clan Blood Spirit in the GC and the NEVER to be forgotten CLAN BLACK SHEEP - BAAAAAHHHHHH!!!! :) gdamn good to see your old mug around these parts! as well alot of other people who have posted in this thread too!

/me gets out the barrels of schlager and a jenny doll for each and all!!!

/signed
Mota, Beernamed - Prefect

P.S. Some imposter has taken my "Mota" nick :D but rest assured, this here is the real deal :D

#36 Mota Prefect

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 634 posts
  • LocationAboard Sheep Star 1 Battleship - Location Classified

Posted 18 November 2011 - 03:02 AM

alright now no more confusion :)

btw I was irc.coldfront.net I believe it was about 8-10 months ago, there were a few old schoolers from GC hanging out and we got in a few netmech games in Wotan! dosbox ftw

I'm pretty sure CyberWolf was one of the peeps there. :D

#37 VoodooLou Kerensky

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 595 posts
  • LocationMember #2618

Posted 18 November 2011 - 03:18 AM

BAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHH!!!! Hell yeah Brother You KNOW I been keepin the Flame of Clan Black Sheep ALIVE! I rehooked up with CyberWolf and Widow Makers for some MWL action about a year or so ago, after a 6 year mech hiatus spreadin the CBS moniker around in other games. Theres been Black Sheep EVERYWHERE. Ive seen Andro,DCleric,Ash,He@vyMet@l and PeaceFrog here so far. Have also seen DaCobra for SRM and the guys in WidowMakers of course. Not really worried if the Game wont have Clans in it officially, we'll still go and Harrass ComStain with the Jenny Clones and Empty Schlager bottles!

#38 Vordermark

• Pip
  • 11 posts

Posted 18 November 2011 - 07:51 AM

View PostYakatuus, on 02 November 2011 - 12:19 PM, said:

Hey there guys, great news obviously here. Been playing since Kali95 days; [KH]Maverick iirc. Anyway, was curious if anyone remembers that, or still loves it as much as I do 16 years later.

Also, is anyone else hesitant to join a unit before the game comes out? If WoW taught me anything, /played ftw. Anyone else ONLY going to be playing this game for the next year or two after it comes out?

View PostWickedvicar, on 02 November 2011 - 03:23 PM, said:

I played on Kali95 and in the Grand Council as a member of the Widow Maker Clan. Dos Netmech and Mechwarrior 2 WIN95. Learned how to circle strafe and lag fight with the best of them. The handle I used was Redleg75.

Yup I think there are alot of old MW2 drivers still around. Clan Widowmaker is still going, if you can believe it. 14+ years... never would I have imagined playing with a set of players THAT long across ... well alot of games. But hey... here we are going into a game that looks like somethig we all have been dreaming of for ... well literally Decades !!

Edited by Vordermark, 18 November 2011 - 07:52 AM.

#39 MaddMaxx

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 5,911 posts
  • LocationNova Scotia, Canada

Posted 22 November 2011 - 05:01 PM

^_^

Clan Wolf
4th Assault Cluster <Black Phantoms>
52nd Recon Trinary <Wolf Howl>
122nd Recon Star <Reapers>
MechWarrior - MaddMaxx (Ward)

That was some serious stuff back then. I hope it can be again with our new crew (re-united from the VnR League)

#40 TyR

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 133 posts
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationIL

Posted 23 November 2011 - 09:05 AM

Think I did a drop or two at this place...

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users