223 replies to this topic

#221 Raptor007

• PipPip
  • The Raptor
  • The Raptor
  • 21 posts
  • LocationSeattle, WA, USA

Posted 22 September 2018 - 01:27 AM

Oh man, this thread brings me back. I used to play NetMech on Kali all the time. I was in Clan Black Jackal of the Grand Council for a while, and we eventually rolled into Jade Falcon when the player base started shrinking. Looking back I wish I had been a more active clan member.

Anyone else remember "The Highlander's Sword" Direwolf variant? That thing was brutal.

#222 Jonathan8883

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 708 posts

Posted 22 September 2018 - 04:36 AM

I don't remember anyone playing the DWF much in NetMech. The meta was very much Gargoyle/Warhammer IIC due to weight constraints, speed, hitboxes, and the max # of missile tubes. All the chicken walkers were easy to leg.

#223 MW2 Gorgon

Rookie

• 1 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 27 January 2019 - 06:47 PM

I've done a few nostalgia searches over the decades, but wow... This was the best trip since my days back on Kali in the Grand Council. I was SR>Gorgon back then in Snow Ravens, and did a short stint as SJ>Gorgon with Smoke Jaguar.

Seeing so many familiar names here just makes me tear up at all the DFA's I did back then against you (yes, 50 years old, and my first reaction is to whip it out and compare sizes, heh). Seriously, I miss all of you.

I tried getting back into MW2 DOS with IRC stuff, but it never happened. Does anyone still run it? I do have the game working with the patch stuff from an IRC server that kept gaming in DOS MW2 alive, but never did try it really.

Oh, and on the point of connection speed, it was laughable being in one of the first cities to get cable back then, after dialup. Made it a challenge. :) (sorry, old habbit)

#224 Jownz

• PipPip
  • Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 27 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 02 December 2021 - 05:46 PM

Use to run with [SA] Star Adder in Grand Council. and Flew the [FB] Fire Bears tag for a long time. Although If I remember correctly I was probably a little **** at 12 years old LOL.. I believe I used callsign "Goldstar" lol ****....

Just came across this post, Late to the party I guess :)

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users