113 replies to this topic

#101 Artgathan

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 1,764 posts

Posted 18 October 2012 - 10:22 AM

View PostSandpit, on 17 October 2012 - 03:31 PM, said:

I like the premise of the first idea. Not sure how the mechanics would work but I like the idea behind it. It gives new players a chance to play in some of the heavier stuff before they can actually buy it which would hopefully help keep them interested while they are grinding it out. It helps give players a reason to spend a few bucks here and there. I would recommend that no pilot experience be earned and very little general experience be earned though. This should merely be a way for players to jump in a mech and take it for a test-drive.

The reason I suggested including experience in the deal was so that it encourages players to rent the mech again - if you don't, you lose out on the experience. This way there's still a carrot dangling over the mech (whatever experience you earned) to encourage players to either rent it again or buy it.

#102 RG Notch

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • 2,987 posts
  • LocationNYC

Posted 18 October 2012 - 10:36 AM

So since the devs love these ideas do we have an ETA on when they are getting implemented? :)

#103 Clay Pigeon

• Mercenary Rank 3
  • Mercenary Rank 3
  • 1,121 posts

Posted 18 October 2012 - 10:38 AM

I would consider paying MC for a top hat for my atlas. The commando could benefit from one as well.

#104 JediMastaDJ

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 427 posts

Posted 18 October 2012 - 10:56 AM

Well stated!

#105 CCC Dober

• 1,881 posts

Posted 18 October 2012 - 11:52 AM

View PostNorris J Packard, on 16 October 2012 - 02:20 PM, said:

CCC, I only cut out a large portion of your post just so it doesn't take up a huge portion of people's screen. But are you talking about potentially adding in different styles of Mechbays at the cost of MC? If so, that's a pretty neat idea.

Aye, the Mechbays just don't drop out of thin air in this universe and I believe that dropships make the most sense, as they are rather common Mech transporters. That Mammoth dropship I mentioned before, although not very common, has like 40,000 tons of cargo capacity. The Mech-equivalent is 400 Atlas! ... an incredibly large number of Mechs in other words (3+ regiments). More than most would ever need and enough to launch an invasion all on its own.

Add that to the dropship game mode that has been announced and you have the opportunity to not only stock up on bays, but also gain possible access to your own fortress on a map (suggestion). That's what most would consider a solid investment I think. It would be worth the MCs without a question.

#106 Sandpit

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 17,419 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationArkansas

Posted 18 October 2012 - 11:59 AM

I suppose of the exp earned was minimal, maybe earn general XP moreso than mech specific XP but if you go a certain a amount of time without using that mech you lose the XP, it could be used to simulate not having much experience in that specific mech. All pilots know how to make a mech go but knowing how to pilot it effectively isn't something that comes natural to most. I definitely like that aspect of the idea. I think it should also be limited in being able to modify the mech in mech lab. You're "borrowing" a mech for lack of a better term so you wouldn't really be able to customize it.

#107 Banekane

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 839 posts
  • Locationohio usa

Posted 18 October 2012 - 12:11 PM

ok 1 thing is i like the overall idea but 2 who said hero mechs was MC only last i checked was all mechs was supposed to be obtained by C-bills but other than that i do feel there needs to be some more usses for MC that dont effect the overall game play IE getting a mech 1-2 weeks before the Cbill payers is understandable not Pay to Win just giving people chance to try out the mech before it is officially live and I second the idea you said was valid most want to get the CBT or Founders with the MC stuff to buy right off to keep them wanting to get more MC later

putting more meat in the sammich just makes it more tasty so i propose these non pay to win ideas

1 give MC a better use through i cant belive im saying this but through MC only Mech Chassis design where you can make a chassis of your own and pick what hardpoints goes in it for say 4000MC then when you complete it it can go on sale for Cbills to the general population thus not making it pay to win

2 give the option to buy visual changes to the croshair or hud or to your mechlab or something that really dosnt make a difference to the gameplay but lets you go deeper into the immersion

3 Give some new Features to try out first with a MC preorder before it is implemented for those preorder it will test it before it goes live to the public

4 Purchase some cool noncombat item that can be seen with our mech IE a flag or a small vehicle that will follow you but has no weapons

#108 Norris J Packard

• 1,972 posts

Posted 18 October 2012 - 09:41 PM

I am going to read through the backlog, make replies, and update the front post tomorrow (today but later).

#109 4er3BaPa

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 307 posts
  • LocationSerov, Russia

Posted 18 October 2012 - 11:33 PM

+ to author, hard work

add for me by MC research bay for upgrade equipment (research tree in mech/weapons/equip)
for ex...
- mech project for reconfigure slots in mechlab to other weapons type, lighter internals etc.;
- weapon proj - to get more powerful/lighter/lower energy-intensive variant of weapon and ammo;
- equip proj - to get more effective range/time to use/ and lighter extras and modified engine

For ingame balance only one at a time must be choosed and not critically altered vs. standart items.

Time to full research mech = time to use this mech-model
for weapon proj - number of kills with this weapon
and equip - count of use this device or summary patch in miles for engine

i know, i want too much...

#110 Draco Argentum

• 1,222 posts

Posted 19 October 2012 - 03:50 AM

View PostBanekane, on 18 October 2012 - 12:11 PM, said:

1 give MC a better use through i cant belive im saying this but through MC only Mech Chassis design where you can make a chassis of your own and pick what hardpoints goes in it for say 4000MC then when you complete it it can go on sale for Cbills to the general population thus not making it pay to win

Sounds like a perfect opportunity to make mechs with perfect hardpoint configs so we never have to buy new variants/chassis created by PGI. This is clearly not a good idea.

#111 PANZERBUNNY

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 4,080 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationToronto, Canada

Posted 19 October 2012 - 03:51 AM

And what if the dominating vote tends to favour a certain class? Do they stack it with all mediums to make sure a medium FINALLY gets some attention if the Assaults and heavies are always taking the cheese?

I think they have a way to release mechs right now that gives all classes equal representation over the course of development.

It's an interesting idea, but if it ain;t, broke....

What they could do with EVERY mech release is offer it with a mech already in the game, with a slight discount on both for a very short period of time. Like, a week. Let people choose their existing mech to be discounted and bam, you have for sure MC income above and beyond what would be expected for releasing a new mech.

Take it a step further releasing new skins or camo at the same time or the ability to add a camo and vanity item to your discount.

Lots of room to move here in takiing MC out of our hands, enticing us to buy more if we don't have it.

#112 Norris J Packard

• 1,972 posts

Posted 19 October 2012 - 07:01 AM

View PostArtgathan, on 17 October 2012 - 03:20 PM, said:

A while ago (in a different thread), I suggest making mechs 'rentable' for a fraction of their normal MC cost.

I'll add it.

View PostSandpit, on 17 October 2012 - 04:18 PM, said:

Would it be feasible for PGI to incorporate a system where players could do direct transfers within their own faction? Say I have a mech I'm looking to put up for sale, instead of putting it up for auction, selling to the system, etc. I could offer it in-house to other players for a certain price and have an MC fee paid to the system. It could be a minimum amount of MC but it still is another way to get players to purchase MC here and there

It certainly is an interesting concept, the only caveat I could see with this would be requiring both parties to buy MC. I understand that this would help players along with the NPE, but not very many people have deep enough pockets to use their MC to send Mechs to new players. Now if the new player was the only one who had to pay? (Think of it like Collect on Delivery with real-life mail systems.) That'd probably be a better way to go about this, the MC of course would go to PGI and the only thing that would exchange hands between players would be the Mech itself.

View PostBanekane, on 18 October 2012 - 12:11 PM, said:

4 Purchase some cool noncombat item that can be seen with our mech IE a flag or a small vehicle that will follow you but has no weapons

Standards are a pretty neat idea I hadn't thought of, I'll add it.

View PostPANZERBUNNY, on 19 October 2012 - 03:51 AM, said:

And what if the dominating vote tends to favour a certain class? Do they stack it with all mediums to make sure a medium FINALLY gets some attention if the Assaults and heavies are always taking the cheese?

I think you might have misread something, I cover this in the first post. You have a carousel system with a group of Mechs. All Mechs in that group must be added to the game before any others can be added to the carousel. So even if one Mech (say the Flea) gets a tenth of the pre-orders a much more anticipated Mech does (say the Highlander), it is guaranteed to be added.

Edited by Norris J Packard, 19 October 2012 - 07:02 AM.

#113 Banekane

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 839 posts
  • Locationohio usa

Posted 19 October 2012 - 08:51 AM

ok i admit some of my ideas was horrid but there is one thing liked by op the standards/flags part was conceived i know it will be cool to have them in to show national loyalties ok to add on to what i had been thinking about for some time

A new feature to buy with MC is special voices for your Mechs computer voice tired of hearing Betty or the voice used for betty get one that sounds like one of the devs with its own new attitude to make your mech piloting fun

just a thought

#114 Norris J Packard

• 1,972 posts

Posted 30 January 2013 - 09:56 AM

It has been a while.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users