Understanding Clan Mechs and Their InnerSphere Names

162 replies to this topic

#61 Halfbreed

• PipPipPip
  • 64 posts
  • LocationSouthern California

Posted 08 July 2012 - 03:22 PM

Ahhhhh haven't herd the old names in a long time (aka clan names)
Seems everything these days has the IS names on them

#62 Hidran

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Moderate Giver
  • 131 posts
  • LocationTerra

Posted 10 July 2012 - 11:43 AM

so theres no inner sphere name for the kodiak?

#63 Stormwolf

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 3,951 posts
  • LocationCW Dire Wolf

Posted 10 July 2012 - 12:27 PM

View PostHidran, on 10 July 2012 - 11:43 AM, said:

so theres no inner sphere name for the kodiak?

Correct

#64 Skyefox

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 380 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationNorthern California, Terra

Posted 22 July 2012 - 07:37 AM

I used to just scroll through the Mech's in MW2 just to hear the sexy computer lady read them off to me :o

#65 Aaydin

• PipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 39 posts

Posted 25 July 2012 - 02:06 PM

I've been so nostalgic with mech stuff lately I busted out my pewter figures. I really hope clan mechs come, and soon, I want my dire and timber wolves, just like my pewter figures!

#66 Vanguard319

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,436 posts
  • LocationTerra

Posted 27 July 2012 - 09:23 PM

The Summoner was always one of my favorite mechs, very simple, but very effective Prime configuration. Then there was the D variant, lasers and a targeting computer.

#67 Chris von Hoff

• PipPip
  • 47 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 06 August 2012 - 09:36 PM

When Jaime Wolf awarded Hohiro and Victor a Daishi Mech, shouldn't he have known its called Direwolf?

I personly stick to the socalled inner sphere names, since not even fasa did know the clan names when they told the writers of the novels to write about the clan invasion(s)

#68 Darksider

• PipPip
  • 41 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 14 August 2012 - 09:40 AM

View Postfirestarter, on 20 March 2012 - 09:09 AM, said:

Does anyone else hear the gals voice from MW2 when reading off most of those Mechs?.......

I actually have her voice for my text message notifications. BT nerdism! HAHA

#69 Stormwolf

• Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 3,951 posts
  • LocationCW Dire Wolf

Posted 20 August 2012 - 11:57 PM

View PostChris von Hoff, on 06 August 2012 - 09:36 PM, said:

When Jaime Wolf awarded Hohiro and Victor a Daishi Mech, shouldn't he have known its called Direwolf?

I personly stick to the socalled inner sphere names, since not even fasa did know the clan names when they told the writers of the novels to write about the clan invasion(s)

I'm fairly certain that they use Clan names when Phelan Kell and Natasha Kerensky undergo their trial of position.

#70 StarColonelBicen

• Pip
  • 13 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • LocationShalimar, Florida

Posted 21 August 2012 - 03:09 AM

Well Most Likely, we're going to be seeing Mostly IS mechs like Maurauder IIc's and Riflemen IIc's Inner Sphere Mechs with Clan armor and tech. Thats probably what will show up first before we start seeing the vanguard Clan mechs we're all familiar with. The IIC chassis were Awesome in their own right, and never really got the accolades they really deserved. Even a Warhammer IIc was a force on the battlefield. i hope they include these old classic chassis too.

#71 KosherHamSammich

• PipPipPip
  • 79 posts
  • LocationAwaiting a Jump Ship to Sheridan

Posted 21 August 2012 - 03:43 PM

View PostHunson Abadeer, on 02 July 2012 - 10:25 PM, said:

Daishi - great death - 大死
Koshi - small death - 小死
Masakari - battle axe - まさかり
Ryoken - dragon fist - 竜拳

I was just about to post a list when I saw this. Very good. These mechs were the mainstay of Clan Smoke Jaguar and to a lesser extent Nova Cat, which invaded mainly Combine systems.

Fire Moth= Dasher is due to it being the fastest mech any inner sphere pilot had seen at that time.

Kit Fox = Uller. Uller's were seen mainly in the Lyran Commonwealth and named as such due to their Germanic/Nordic background. Named due to their ability to move at great speed and still accurately hit targets with ballistic weapons/missiles.

Viper = Dragonfly was named due to the erratic motion of the mechs in battle.

Ice Ferret = Fenris another mech seen by Germanic/Nords that was named as such due to its ferocity.

Mad Dog = Vulture was named due to its hunched over appearance and for their pilots ability to sit at range, fire and then come down and finish off any dying mechs.

Hellbringer = Loki. Named due to the 'maddening" weapon combinations displayed on the prime and variants.

Summoner = Thor. Named due to the "thunder and lightning" aspect of its weapon load (PPC and missiles).

Timber Wolf = MadCat. Named due to Phelan Kell's targeting computers inability to decide if the mech was a Catapult or a Marauder.

The rest have been previously mentioned iirc.

Edited by Aziz Ozriel, 21 August 2012 - 03:45 PM.

#72 Aidan Kerensky

• PipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 65 posts

Posted 23 August 2012 - 11:08 AM

While SPECS for them weren't release until later, the jade falcons "unique" Mecha (like the turkina) were there in the early invasion. Jade falcon touman book confirms.

/nerd fanboy

#73 Aidan Kerensky

• PipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 65 posts

Posted 23 August 2012 - 11:19 AM

The IIcs are a weird anomaly. They're (never?) mentioned in the books and the TRO indicates they were garrison Mechs. So seeing them FIRST would be odd. IRL they were done to give people back the unseen Mechs and to kind of thumb their nose at the lawsuit. I bet we don't see them.

#74 Overs

Rookie

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 6 posts

Posted 27 August 2012 - 12:31 AM

View Postfirestarter, on 20 March 2012 - 09:09 AM, said:

Does anyone else hear the gals voice from MW2 when reading off most of those Mechs?.......

Still Hear Her In My Sleep ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! !

#75 BBN63

Rookie

• 1 posts

Posted 06 September 2012 - 11:38 PM

okay peep's food for thought and yes I know you all think I am just some noob who wandered in off the streets
so here is basically what it boils down to and yes I am going from memory you can build inner sphere clan copies bear in mind the all weapon's will have reduced ranges higher heat and take more crit's and weigh less if clan tech is used in an inner sphere mech but that is going from the old pencil and paper rules
the catapualt and mad-cat are nearly identical whether you use clan or inner sphere tech the big diff is heat and crits and weight and ammo thanks

#76 ClockWise

• Pip
  • 10 posts
  • LocationPennsylvania, United States

Posted 09 September 2012 - 06:00 PM

I knew about 70% of them. Do I get an A? :P

#77 Ettibber

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • 300 posts

Posted 11 October 2012 - 07:59 AM

View PostSkylarr, on 04 June 2012 - 07:10 AM, said:

I thought only Trueborns receive Omnis. I have to admit that some the IIC mechs are allot better than Omni's of the same weight.

technically phellan is a trueborn, he was concieved in vitro due to his mother taking a combat wound that caused problems with pregnancies.

#78 Draizen

Rookie

• 1 posts
  • LocationHawaii

Posted 16 October 2012 - 01:19 PM

Sorry I am not sure how many you were wanting to put on the list but there are alot more mechs with Clan/IS designations. http://www.sarna.net...tted_IS_Designs

#79 Feniqs

Rookie

• 5 posts
  • LocationReno, Nevada, USA

Posted 18 October 2012 - 08:30 PM

Is it just me, or didn't the Inner Sphere only get ER PPC Tech post invasion?

Assuming I am right about that, why would we believe they will wait a full year before introducing any of the Clan Mechs?

Sadly, its been like 12+ years since I read any of those books... 'guess I will have to break them out and devour them again :D

#80 Stormwolf

• Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 3,951 posts
  • LocationCW Dire Wolf

Posted 18 October 2012 - 10:41 PM

View PostFeniqs, on 18 October 2012 - 08:30 PM, said:

Is it just me, or didn't the Inner Sphere only get ER PPC Tech post invasion?

Assuming I am right about that, why would we believe they will wait a full year before introducing any of the Clan Mechs?

Sadly, its been like 12+ years since I read any of those books... 'guess I will have to break them out and devour them again ;)

The ER PPC returned close to the period of the War of 3039, though it didn't become common till the Clan invasion.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users