#81 Karosma

• PipPip
  • Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 24 posts
  • LocationStar's End

Posted 04 December 2012 - 06:52 PM

View PostTerick, on 20 March 2012 - 11:06 AM, said:

Depends on if they keep hard core to the invasion by the clans if so the clan mechs will be coming in January next year. Meaning if the game is released in June you have at most 8 months before the clan mechs come in.

That said I'm curious if they can keep to that timetable and how to make each clan feel different. Since these were the mechs used by all of the clans that invaded... it isn't like the great houses that had more of a focus. Sure the Falcons used the Hellbringer and Summoner more and the Wolves seemed to not like jump jets. But the clans seem so much more homogeneous in mech designs until 3055.

Who'd like to see a Kodiak specific to Ghost Bear starting out?

#82 Guiding Flame

Rookie

• The Scarecrow
  • The Scarecrow
  • 2 posts

Posted 04 December 2012 - 09:11 PM

Keep in mind these mechs will be the ones that will debut in the IS in 3050. Other mechs come later but I'm not making this complete by any means since we are at least 5 years for more showing up

Not necessarily. Just because those mechs appeared in TRO 3050, doesn't mean they'll be the only ones that show up in the game. Some of the mechs in the 3055 and 3058 TROs have been around for quite a while by the time of the clan invasion.

Case in point - my favourite clan, the Nova Cats, were using both their shadow cat and huntsman omnimechs in large numbers during the battle of Luthien in January 3052 - both these mechs appear in the later 3058 TRO. Whilst the Huntsman is not given a production date (only says the Huntsman was first seen by IS forces at the battle of Luthien), the Shadow cat is listed as having been introduced in 3003, so it has been around for nearly 50 years by the time the clan invasion gets underway.

This is also the case for some of the other 3058 clan frontline omnimechs. We have the Kingfisher, which was unveiled in 2887; the Clan omnimech version of the Crossbow was in the 2870's, and the Arctic Cheater used by Smoke Jaguar and Nova Cats was introduced in 3037.

A bunch of non-omnimechs designs were also present well before the clan invasion, but as these were generally assigned to second line galaxies tasked with garrison duty on conquered worlds. The supernova was already around before the venerable Nova was introduced in the 2870's, so the Supernova is probably around two centuries old by the time of the clan the invasion. Also in TRO3058 was the Kodiak, which was introduced in 3001.
As far as MWO goes, I would expect to see the front line mechs before any second line mechs make an appearance, if they do at all.

Question from a curious Spheroid. Are there Clan-Derived names for Clan refit [IIC] 'mechs? I can't find anything about that on Sarna.

There should not be nor to the best of my knowledge where there ever separate names for these mechs, they are essentially 2.0 models made with clan tech.

There are a couple of star league era mechs that were renamed:
- The Clan version of the Star League Galahad mech, which was renamed to the 'Glass Spider' instead of being labelled the Galahad IIC.
- The 'Conjurer/hellhound', which is by all intents and purposes, the Wolverine IIC. Thanks to the whole fiasco with Clan Wolverine however, the other Clans refused to have a mech sharing the same name as the now 'not-named' clan, so they changed it.

Edited by Spakka, 04 December 2012 - 09:19 PM.

#83 Rifleman89

• PipPip
  • Overlord
  • 31 posts

Posted 10 December 2012 - 03:31 AM

View Postfirestarter, on 20 March 2012 - 09:09 AM, said:

Does anyone else hear the gals voice from MW2 when reading off most of those Mechs?.......

Of course...and I have the MechWarrior2 'Soundtrack' by Jeehun Hwang to keep me company during the battles...nothing like Pyre Light and Umber Wall to get you in the blasting mood!

#84 Stormwolf

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 3,951 posts
  • LocationCW Dire Wolf

Posted 10 December 2012 - 03:43 AM

View PostRifleman89, on 10 December 2012 - 03:31 AM, said:

Of course...and I have the MechWarrior2 'Soundtrack' by Jeehun Hwang to keep me company during the battles...nothing like Pyre Light and Umber Wall to get you in the blasting mood!

Classic :)

#85 Skyefox

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 380 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationNorthern California, Terra

Posted 12 December 2012 - 08:51 AM

View PostAziz Ozriel, on 21 August 2012 - 03:43 PM, said:

I was just about to post a list when I saw this. Very good. These mechs were the mainstay of Clan Smoke Jaguar and to a lesser extent Nova Cat, which invaded mainly Combine systems.

Fire Moth= Dasher is due to it being the fastest mech any inner sphere pilot had seen at that time.

Kit Fox = Uller. Uller's were seen mainly in the Lyran Commonwealth and named as such due to their Germanic/Nordic background. Named due to their ability to move at great speed and still accurately hit targets with ballistic weapons/missiles.

Viper = Dragonfly was named due to the erratic motion of the mechs in battle.

Ice Ferret = Fenris another mech seen by Germanic/Nords that was named as such due to its ferocity.

Mad Dog = Vulture was named due to its hunched over appearance and for their pilots ability to sit at range, fire and then come down and finish off any dying mechs.

Hellbringer = Loki. Named due to the 'maddening" weapon combinations displayed on the prime and variants.

Summoner = Thor. Named due to the "thunder and lightning" aspect of its weapon load (PPC and missiles).

Timber Wolf = MadCat. Named due to Phelan Kell's targeting computers inability to decide if the mech was a Catapult or a Marauder.

The rest have been previously mentioned iirc.

A bit of clarification for the Uller and the Dragonfly:

Uller is named after the Norse god of Archery.

And the Dragonfly was named because of it's ability to jump 200+ meters at a time.

#86 Mister Switzer

Rookie

• Knight Errant
  • 7 posts
  • LocationOn Tamar, in search of a gaming computer worthy of a warrior of Clan Wolf.

Posted 20 December 2012 - 09:25 PM

YES! Finally get my Timber Wolf back, none of that Mad Cat garbage.
Now where's my Bushwacker?

#87 F A T b o y

Rookie

• 4 posts

Posted 22 December 2012 - 05:33 PM

When will clan Mechs be added to the game? Is there a timeline?

#88 Lagfest

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 362 posts
  • LocationIn a Mech

Posted 07 January 2013 - 11:50 PM

august ish

#89 Natasha Kerensky

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 244 posts

Posted 25 January 2013 - 07:27 AM

View Postfirestarter, on 20 March 2012 - 09:09 AM, said:

Does anyone else hear the gals voice from MW2 when reading off most of those Mechs?.......

Registering sibco identity...

#90 Ken Fury

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,016 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 25 January 2013 - 07:32 AM

View PostMister Switzer, on 20 December 2012 - 09:25 PM, said:

YES! Finally get my Timber Wolf back, none of that Mad Cat garbage.
Now where's my Bushwacker?

I prefer the MadCat as Clan Mech, never heard of a Timber Wolf is that a Dark age thing?

#91 Natasha Kerensky

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 244 posts

Posted 25 January 2013 - 07:35 AM

View PostF A T b o y, on 22 December 2012 - 05:33 PM, said:

When will clan Mechs be added to the game? Is there a timeline?

Clan mechs will appear in the order of when they were first seen by the Inner Sphere. March-April 3050 is when the clans reach the core worlds of the Inner Sphere. Today is Jan 25, 3050. The periphery is already under attack but news is sporadic from the rim worlds.

#92 Natasha Kerensky

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 244 posts

Posted 25 January 2013 - 07:39 AM

View PostGrayson Pryde, on 06 May 2012 - 12:42 PM, said:

Nope, there are none. Its just teh same name with a IIC behind it.

The mechs with the IIC behind it are mechs that the clans took from the Inner Sphere and improved the design, spec, and performance. They are the same mech but they are now the Clan version. Usually they are way better that the Inner Sphere versions. (ie Hunchback IIC)

#93 Natasha Kerensky

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 244 posts

Posted 25 January 2013 - 07:54 AM

View PostStormwolf, on 20 August 2012 - 11:57 PM, said:

I'm fairly certain that they use Clan names when Phelan Kell and Natasha Kerensky undergo their trial of position.

Yes, that is true.

#94 Natasha Kerensky

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 244 posts

Posted 25 January 2013 - 07:58 AM

View PostTank Boy Ken, on 25 January 2013 - 07:32 AM, said:

I prefer the MadCat as Clan Mech, never heard of a Timber Wolf is that a Dark age thing?

Timberwolf is the OFFICIAL Clan name of that mech. Remember it! Cause it will be the last thing you remember.

#95 Ken Fury

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,016 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 25 January 2013 - 08:05 AM

View PostNatasha Kerensky, on 25 January 2013 - 07:58 AM, said:

Timberwolf is the OFFICIAL Clan name of that mech. Remember it! Cause it will be the last thing you remember.

What? But everyone knows it's the Mad Cat, that makes it more official in my point of view.

#96 Rannos

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 404 posts
  • LocationKaetetôã

Posted 30 January 2013 - 05:24 AM

What's a timber wolf? Sounds like some dark age *********

#97 Wales Grey

Dark Clown

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 861 posts
  • Twitter: Link
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationThe Frigid North

Posted 04 February 2013 - 09:39 AM

Uh, no? It's called a WOLF SPIDER. Geeze, haven't you read the greatest battletech novel ever? I'll link you to it.

#98 Soran Pryde

Rookie

• 7 posts

Posted 12 February 2013 - 11:07 AM

View PostNatasha Kerensky, on 25 January 2013 - 07:39 AM, said:

Usually they are way better that the Inner Sphere versions. (ie Hunchback IIC)

The Hunchback IIC example is kind of debatable, especially when it has the armor of a light mech and only enough ammo for 30 seconds of combat

#99 Nicholas Draconous

• Pip
  • 17 posts

Posted 12 February 2013 - 01:13 PM

a timber wolf is also a mad cat. it is a heavy mech used by the clans

#100 Wales Grey

Dark Clown

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 861 posts
  • Twitter: Link
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationThe Frigid North

Posted 14 February 2013 - 04:59 PM

View PostSoran Pryde, on 12 February 2013 - 11:07 AM, said:

The Hunchback IIC example is kind of debatable, especially when it has the armor of a light mech and only enough ammo for 30 seconds of combat

Given its battlefield role among the Clans, I think you can say that it fulfills its role better than the Hunchback does.

Wolf Spider > Timberwolf

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users