Understanding Clan Mechs and Their InnerSphere Names

162 replies to this topic

#1 Terick

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • 194 posts

Posted 20 March 2012 - 08:47 AM

Just so some people can understand what these mechs are that don't know the fluff.

Clan Name - IS Name

LIGHT
Fire Moth - Dasher
Mist Lynx - Koshi
Kit Fox - Uller
Adder - Puma

MEDIUM
Viper - Dragonfly
Ice Ferret - Fenris
Nova - Black Hawk
Storm Crow - Ryoken

HEAVY
Mad Dog - Vulture
Hellbringer - Loki
Summoner - Thor
Timber Wolf - Mad Cat

ASSAULT
Gargoyle - Man O' War
Warhawk - Masakari
Executioner - Gladiator
Dire Wolf - Daishi

http://www.sarna.net...i/Clan_%27Mechs

Keep in mind these mechs will be the ones that will debut in the IS in 3050. Other mechs come later but I'm not making this complete by any means since we are at least 5 years for more showing up.

Thanks for the pin Grimm and adding the class of mechs in.

Edited by Hayashi, 24 April 2012 - 02:06 PM.
Made spelling corrections to Ryoken, Warhawk, Masakari and Grimm. ;-)

#2 Havoc2

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Mercenary
  • 505 posts
  • LocationBarrie, ON

Posted 20 March 2012 - 08:53 AM

Pinned for the new people who want a 3070 era 'Mech, or new people who need to know the conversions, and to be reminded that THE EARLIEST WE WILL SEE CLAN 'MECHS IS A YEAR AFTER LAUNCH ?

#3 Sarriss

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 203 posts
  • LocationHalifax, NS

Posted 20 March 2012 - 08:54 AM

Good list, glad someone made it. Hopefully it gets pinned but I have my doubts. (Prove me wrong!)

#4 Helvetica

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 176 posts

Posted 20 March 2012 - 08:58 AM

Yes there is a lot of confusion over what mechs are going to be in and what people want to be included. A timeline with where the mechs come in would be genius.

Where i'm a massive fan of the comp games i've never played the TT and i feel alot of people are in the same boat. Where others are massively up on the fluff and seem to get whats going on, A little history breakdown/timeline/mech production dates. hell even variants. It's a massive pond to jump into and there is no kiddies pool.

Edited by Helvetica, 20 March 2012 - 08:59 AM.

#5 Mason Grimm

Com Guard / Technician

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 2,886 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationToronto, ON

Posted 20 March 2012 - 09:08 AM

Abra-cadabra!!!!

#6 firestarter

Rookie

• 6 posts

Posted 20 March 2012 - 09:09 AM

Does anyone else hear the gals voice from MW2 when reading off most of those Mechs?.......

#7 OhGilPin

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 419 posts
  • LocationUnited Kingdom

Posted 20 March 2012 - 09:20 AM

I was about to go and look into this myself, thanks for doing the leg work. Nice to see the Vulture and Daishi two of my favourite mechs on this list.

#8 Terick

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • 194 posts

Posted 20 March 2012 - 11:06 AM

View Post}{avoc, on 20 March 2012 - 08:53 AM, said:

Pinned for the new people who want a 3070 era 'Mech, or new people who need to know the conversions, and to be reminded that THE EARLIEST WE WILL SEE CLAN 'MECHS IS A YEAR AFTER LAUNCH ?

Depends on if they keep hard core to the invasion by the clans if so the clan mechs will be coming in January next year. Meaning if the game is released in June you have at most 8 months before the clan mechs come in.

That said I'm curious if they can keep to that timetable and how to make each clan feel different. Since these were the mechs used by all of the clans that invaded... it isn't like the great houses that had more of a focus. Sure the Falcons used the Hellbringer and Summoner more and the Wolves seemed to not like jump jets. But the clans seem so much more homogeneous in mech designs until 3055.

#9 Totaldarkness

Rookie

• 3 posts
  • Locationsackoftomatoes, ca

Posted 20 March 2012 - 05:45 PM

I wounder though if we have our mech, and warrior, already set, and they allow clans, and clan mechs, will we have to remake or characters?

#10 CoffiNail

Oathmaster

• The Cub
  • The Cub
  • 4,285 posts
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationSome place with other Ghost Bears. A dropship or planet, who knows. ((Winnipeg,MB))

Posted 22 March 2012 - 05:01 AM

View Postfirestarter, on 20 March 2012 - 09:09 AM, said:

Does anyone else hear the gals voice from MW2 when reading off most of those Mechs?.......

YES!

#11 Thrall

• PipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • 38 posts

Posted 22 March 2012 - 01:33 PM

View PostTotaldarkness, on 20 March 2012 - 05:45 PM, said:

I wounder though if we have our mech, and warrior, already set, and they allow clans, and clan mechs, will we have to remake or characters?

It'd be quite the headache if you had to remake a character, it'd be more rewarding if players could attempt Clanner trials and become Clanners through their own exceptional skill. Of course if this ever happened, I'd love for it to be very difficult to accomplish, and limit the number of times you can even attempt it (3 months perhaps?) - not to mention you'd get bragging rights and put the fear of the Clanners into Inner Phere noobs. :lol:

Edited by Thrall, 22 March 2012 - 01:34 PM.

#12 DICCCE

• Pip
  • The Sickle
  • The Sickle
  • 15 posts

Posted 03 April 2012 - 11:31 AM

I was kind of sad in the games when they moved from clan names for everything though I do understand why the inner sphere would rename them... or rather why they would not know the real names. Thanks for making the list for those that were not aware of the name differences. Reminds me of a time in mw4 when i said mad dog and everyone was like "what?" o well.

#13 JakeMeaike

• Pip
  • 12 posts

Posted 03 April 2012 - 06:36 PM

View Postfirestarter, on 20 March 2012 - 09:09 AM, said:

That made me laugh. I still hear her voice after all this time....

:)

View PostTotaldarkness, on 20 March 2012 - 05:45 PM, said:

I hope that there is some sort of character transfer. This would allow us to keep the exp, and money, but be able to get our mech's up and running quickly.

#14 Belial

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 359 posts
  • LocationOutreach

Posted 03 April 2012 - 06:48 PM

I always forget about the Viper/Dragonfly. I rarely if ever see or hear of it in my readings or gaming.

#15 CoffiNail

Oathmaster

• The Cub
  • The Cub
  • 4,285 posts
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationSome place with other Ghost Bears. A dropship or planet, who knows. ((Winnipeg,MB))

Posted 04 April 2012 - 04:44 AM

View PostBelial, on 03 April 2012 - 06:48 PM, said:

I always forget about the Viper/Dragonfly. I rarely if ever see or hear of it in my readings or gaming.

That is because VERY few books have Ghost Bear as a faction, Ghost Bear are one of the few units who use them as they make for a odd Mech. Ghost Bear uses them as their light mechs.

View PostJakeMeaike, on 03 April 2012 - 06:36 PM, said:

I hope that there is some sort of character transfer. This would allow us to keep the exp, and money, but be able to get our mech's up and running quickly.

I do not, Clans will play VERY different, and I think when you decide to play Clan, it is a whole new char. Only way I could see it working is if you became a bondsman sort of deal... and only then your options are limited and you would get secondline mechs, not the Clan OmniMechs... and Smoke Jaguar would never allow you to be a warrior again, Jade Falcon rarely, Ghost Bear decent chance, and Wolf has no problems.

#16 Der BruzZzler von Wiesndoof

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,494 posts
  • LocationAm Grill

Posted 09 April 2012 - 04:29 AM

Can't see my TotemMech in the list above!

HEAVY (65tons)

Ebon Jaguar - Cauldron Born (introduced 3049)

#17 IceSerpent

• 3,044 posts

Posted 09 April 2012 - 07:51 AM

Conjurer - Hellhound is also missing.

#18 tbrminsanity

• Pip
  • 15 posts

Posted 09 April 2012 - 07:14 PM

I love the Adder/Puma. That little ******. It makes even Heavy and Assault mechs think twice.

#19 SGT Unther

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • 337 posts
  • LocationOntario, Canada

Posted 27 April 2012 - 05:16 AM

Well the first Clan invasion is in August of 3049 and this one only lasts about 13.5 months and attacks the outer areas of Lyran Commonweath, DC, and the FRR.

The second one comes 25 months (October 3051) later and this is the big invasion of the Innersphere, and the battle at Luthien doesn't happen until January 3051.

#20 Claw55

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 274 posts
  • LocationPlanet Robinson, Draconis March

Posted 02 May 2012 - 02:50 PM

Question from a curious Spheroid. Are there Clan-Derived names for Clan refit [IIC] 'mechs? I can't find anything about that on Sarna.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users