why chose house Liao

82 replies to this topic

Poll: Why chose House Liao (181 member(s) have cast votes)

Why chose House Liao?

1. I like the collor Green (57 votes [25.79%])

Percentage of vote: 25.79%

2. Goo* is to be dec*ded *y those t*at do not those that se* (27 votes [12.22%])

Percentage of vote: 12.22%

3. I hate Liao why am I even in the Liao Forum pages... (63 votes [28.51%])

Percentage of vote: 28.51%

4. I have always liked it (74 votes [33.48%])

Percentage of vote: 33.48%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#21 Buzzkillin

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 283 posts

Posted 14 January 2013 - 01:06 PM

There's something about Liao I like, no matter, how much damage they take, how much territory they loose, they still fight through everything, and I like their mech designs, their different.

#22 liku

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 191 posts

Posted 15 January 2013 - 04:37 AM

Im in, the best flag faction ever..go green eat ennemies!

#23 Youngblood

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 604 posts
  • LocationGMT -6

Posted 17 January 2013 - 10:22 AM

Guys, don't choose House Liao. We haven't posted on this forum in an entire day and nobody remembers us anymore.

Edit: Two days.

Edited by Youngblood, 18 January 2013 - 06:37 AM.

#24 Relics

• PipPip
  • Star Commander
  • Star Commander
  • 38 posts

Posted 18 January 2013 - 07:30 PM

Because Asian women are hot..... that's why I am Liao obviously.

#25 Dryer Lint

• PipPip
  • 22 posts

Posted 21 January 2013 - 03:50 PM

The only real reason to join house Liao is because goons are better than everyone else. vOv

#26 Splinters

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • 268 posts

Posted 22 January 2013 - 03:29 PM

Books have heavily favored Davion and Steiner over the years with some credit in 4th succession war and after towards Kurita. Marik and Liao have very few popular MW/BT books on them to really create much of a balanced world. If anything Liao seems to be the standard Bond villain, evil enough, but not good enough.

-S

#27 Tharkan Stuermer

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 134 posts

Posted 23 January 2013 - 10:55 AM

View PostSplinters, on 22 January 2013 - 03:29 PM, said:

Books have heavily favored Davion and Steiner over the years with some credit in 4th succession war and after towards Kurita. Marik and Liao have very few popular MW/BT books on them to really create much of a balanced world. If anything Liao seems to be the standard Bond villain, evil enough, but not good enough.

-S

To be fair, there is no way how the ConCap could possibly defended itself against House Davion. In fact, House Liao almost broke during the 3rd Succession War, but managed to recover because the AFFS had some internal struggles. However, they didn't stand a chance against the troops the AFFS assembled during Operation Rat. Usually, Capellan units were outnumbered by 3:1. That's House Davions idea of 'finesse', I guess :D

But cheer up, in later timelines, House Steiner will be the ultimate loosers, and the LyrCom will be nearly killed by ongoing FIAT. :D

House Liao will miracously recover, and it will even capture a few Davion worlds ^_^

#28 Tkhaw

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Moderate Giver
  • Moderate Giver
  • 264 posts

Posted 26 January 2013 - 08:29 PM

Loved shooting Davion scum!

#29 Mister Maf

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 351 posts
  • LocationAtlanta

Posted 28 January 2013 - 08:41 AM

Because the guys on the TS3 server are pretty bro and its address is available for casual/pickup games without joining a silly faction military unit. This is ironically and backwardsly more relaxed than the FWL.

#30 Brynstar

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 325 posts
  • LocationBoston

Posted 28 January 2013 - 11:00 AM

View PostMister Maf, on 28 January 2013 - 08:41 AM, said:

Because the guys on the TS3 server are pretty bro and its address is available for casual/pickup games without joining a silly faction military unit. This is ironically and backwardsly more relaxed than the FWL.

Not sure which FWLM server you tried, but your description certainly doesn't describe our Marik server. We have PLENTY of casual games going on in the general bays at all times, with the units all having their own bays and practice times in a separate area. At no point is anyone forced to join or play with any unit, and in fact, we always recommend to new pilots that they spend a week or two doing casual drops in the general bays so they have a chance to meet everyone and figure out either which unit they may like to join, or if they would rather become an merc affiliated with FWL but with no unit membership.

At no point is anyone ever forced to join anything. Also, our website and TS3 address is clearly posted AND stickied here on the MWO forums, and the TS3 server info is clearly and obviously posted on not only the front page of our webpage, but in a stickied public forums as well.

Not trying to get you come back or anything, and in fact, I think Liao is a better fit after reading your posts, so much so that perhaps you might change your faction icon over to Liao so as not to misrepresent our fine faction any further.

Sorry you had a rough experience, and I am not even sure it was our server you ended up on (doesn't sound like it), but I just want to make sure other pilots know your claims about both the Marik faction and the Marik website and TS Server are patently false.

#31 Mister Maf

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 351 posts
  • LocationAtlanta

Posted 28 January 2013 - 12:18 PM

View PostBrynstar, on 28 January 2013 - 11:00 AM, said:

Not sure which FWLM server you tried, but your description certainly doesn't describe our Marik server. We have PLENTY of casual games going on in the general bays at all times, with the units all having their own bays and practice times in a separate area. At no point is anyone forced to join or play with any unit, and in fact, we always recommend to new pilots that they spend a week or two doing casual drops in the general bays so they have a chance to meet everyone and figure out either which unit they may like to join, or if they would rather become an merc affiliated with FWL but with no unit membership.

At no point is anyone ever forced to join anything. Also, our website and TS3 address is clearly posted AND stickied here on the MWO forums, and the TS3 server info is clearly and obviously posted on not only the front page of our webpage, but in a stickied public forums as well.

Not trying to get you come back or anything, and in fact, I think Liao is a better fit after reading your posts, so much so that perhaps you might change your faction icon over to Liao so as not to misrepresent our fine faction any further.

Sorry you had a rough experience, and I am not even sure it was our server you ended up on (doesn't sound like it), but I just want to make sure other pilots know your claims about both the Marik faction and the Marik website and TS Server are patently false.

Wow, man, calm down. :(

All five posts, most of which were made months ago? Please direct me to where the Teamspeak information is posted without requiring to make an account/join anything and I would be excited to pop in. I could've done a better job of wording - I meant that the availability was backwards, not the people! I'm completely under the impression that Marik is full of nice folks and the events and tournaments being hosted are A+.

Don't take offense so easily. :P Believe me that canonical Liao doesn't fit me at all, but I play with the guys daily because their server isn't

View PostStingr4y, on 27 September 2012 - 05:46 AM, said:

"private"

I'm sure the quotes are supposed to mean that guests are welcome, but I couldn't find any addresses. Please point me in the right direction. :) PM or such if you care to so as to not derail the thread.

In the meantime, to the topic, why join House Liao: [also] cool people.

Edited by Mister Maf, 28 January 2013 - 12:31 PM.

#32 Brynstar

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 325 posts
  • LocationBoston

Posted 28 January 2013 - 01:55 PM

Ah, fair point.

Also, I am very calm, and have been all day! Odd conduct for a Monday, to be sure.

Anyway - yeah, folks are required to join the website to participate in some forums etc., but that is pretty standard these days, isn't it? I thought you meant we required pilots to sign up with a unit under the house name immediately, which is of course not the case. Anyway, no biggie - see ya on the field.

#33 n0e

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 250 posts

Posted 29 January 2013 - 05:27 AM

View PostBrynstar, on 28 January 2013 - 11:00 AM, said:

Why not make a posting that might be offensive not just to the player but the whole faction I'm posting in.

#34 Troy Carter

• Pip
  • 19 posts

Posted 06 February 2013 - 07:02 AM

As I understood Russia is become a part of House Liao in the future thats why))

#35 elijah temujin

• PipPip
  • The Blood Bound
  • The Blood Bound
  • 43 posts
  • Locationvancouver

Posted 06 February 2013 - 11:21 PM

When one wins because they had a stacked deck, like when ones house is steiner, davion or Marik
ones contribution and abilities are irrelevent,
when one wins from back of the bus
well then one knows they laughed in the face of fate; and you know what it is to be alive.
House LIAO has been laughing in the face of fate most of their existance,
sometimes with compassion, and sometimes with vengence
but always they are laughing.
to laugh in the face of fate is to live.
House LIAO is life.

Edited by elijah temujin, 06 February 2013 - 11:25 PM.

#36 Mr Blonde

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 175 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 07 February 2013 - 10:35 AM

Always liked winning with the underdog, and their elite units are the most unique in the IS (Death Commandos, Warrior Houses, and my personal favorites the Red Lancers). Also MAC kicks ***.

#37 Hoth567

Rookie

• 9 posts

Posted 07 February 2013 - 11:46 AM

And don't forget the "goons" have allied themselves with house Liao. What other reason do you need.

#38 Viper69

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,204 posts

Posted 07 February 2013 - 11:53 AM

Because its obvious. A fist holding a sword beats a fist by itself, unless its Chuck Norris's fist, then we wouldnt need battle mechs then would we.

Edited by Viper69, 07 February 2013 - 11:53 AM.

#39 Farnax

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 730 posts
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationAlmaty

Posted 11 February 2013 - 01:51 AM

Because I'm Russian, and as is known in the Capellan Confederation , speak russian and chinese, and a bit in english. It would be foolish to choose a foreign nation, which is why I chose Liao. Vsem russkoyazichnim privet :o

View PostTroy Carter, on 06 February 2013 - 07:02 AM, said:

As I understood Russia is become a part of House Liao in the future thats why))

+++

#40 Troy Carter

• Pip
  • 19 posts

Posted 11 February 2013 - 04:48 AM

Liao House is awesome!!Dont ask me why I think so))Just reaaly my opinion and it based mainly on their really nice avatar logo)))Joking))Ofcourse Its based on many infos which I read about them))Simply said I LIKE IT!

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users