why chose house Liao

82 replies to this topic

Poll: Why chose House Liao (181 member(s) have cast votes)

Why chose House Liao?

1. I like the collor Green (57 votes [25.79%])

Percentage of vote: 25.79%

2. Goo* is to be dec*ded *y those t*at do not those that se* (27 votes [12.22%])

Percentage of vote: 12.22%

3. I hate Liao why am I even in the Liao Forum pages... (63 votes [28.51%])

Percentage of vote: 28.51%

4. I have always liked it (74 votes [33.48%])

Percentage of vote: 33.48%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#41 CG Oglethorpe Kerensky

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 420 posts

Posted 12 February 2013 - 01:09 PM

I wanted Free Worlds League because they have a bird as their crest...but my wings got tired from all the flying and I stopped here.

#42 Sneevus

• PipPip
  • Subcommander
  • Subcommander
  • 36 posts

Posted 12 February 2013 - 01:46 PM

View PostWu Ming, on 17 December 2012 - 11:39 PM, said:

After years reading the books, I have to say Liao can be a hard group to like at times. They have some great and honorable pilots, but also have been the most evil of villians. I like the "scrapy underdog" -ness to most. I am also betting it will have an active enough player-base to be noteworthy, while small enough to be tight-knit.

I guess the Rash-public might as well, but lore-wise they get stommped and are pretty much only around cause nobody takes the time to finish them off... I doubt it will have as much of a player base.

Be careful of your sources. Yes we've been called evil, but by whom? Our aggressors that's who.

Lets take Prince Hanse Davion. The most successful actor in the Inner Sphere. Always playing the part of Hanse the Just, whilst his minions expand his empire and spread his lies.

Lets not forget that his condemnation of our people comes from a man who declared war on neutral ground, is driven by expansion and conquest, and who's arrogance lead him to attack even Comstar itself!

Even today the slanderous words of Jacob Hardenson are broadcast across the ISN, and the propaganda continues. Likely words bought by a Davion hand.

Why? Because there a lot of people out there are afraid that their easy lives of greed and decadence will be lost to history.

The Inner Sphere doesn't belong to Princes or easily swayed Mercs, it belongs to citizens. Citizens who don't expect everything to be given to them, but who work hard to do their part. Who toil for the greater good.

As Mechwarriors we defend those citizens. The farmer who feeds our people, the teachers who educate them, the techs who rebuild our equipment, and the administrators that keep track of it all.

Do not let the slanderous tongues sway you my brothers and sisters, stand together for unity, and for the Capellan way!

#43 Rannos

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 404 posts
  • LocationKaetetôã

Posted 12 February 2013 - 01:57 PM

View PostSneevus, on 12 February 2013 - 01:46 PM, said:

Be careful of your sources. Yes we've been called evil, but by whom? Our aggressors that's who.

Lets take Prince Hanse Davion. The most successful actor in the Inner Sphere. Always playing the part of Hanse the Just, whilst his minions expand his empire and spread his lies.

Lets not forget that his condemnation of our people comes from a man who declared war on neutral ground, is driven by expansion and conquest, and who's arrogance lead him to attack even Comstar itself!

Even today the slanderous words of Jacob Hardenson are broadcast across the ISN, and the propaganda continues. Likely words bought by a Davion hand.

Why? Because there a lot of people out there are afraid that their easy lives of greed and decadence will be lost to history.

The Inner Sphere doesn't belong to Princes or easily swayed Mercs, it belongs to citizens. Citizens who don't expect everything to be given to them, but who work hard to do their part. Who toil for the greater good.

As Mechwarriors we defend those citizens. The farmer who feeds our people, the teachers who educate them, the techs who rebuild our equipment, and the administrators that keep track of it all.

Do not let the slanderous tongues sway you my brothers and sisters, stand together for unity, and for the Capellan way!

WAR IS PEACE
FREEDOM IS SLAVERY
IGNORANCE IS STRENGTH

#44 Adridos

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • 10,635 posts
  • LocationHiding in a cake, left in green city called New A... something.

Posted 12 February 2013 - 02:00 PM

View PostRannos, on 12 February 2013 - 01:57 PM, said:

WAR IS PEACE

FREEDOM IS SLAVERY
IGNORANCE IS STRENGTH

I thought you guys got a specific forum section for that kind of stuff...

#45 Voridan Atreides

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,149 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • LocationSittin on Turn 3 at Elkhart watchin the Corvettes roar by....I wish. (Stockholm, WI, USA)

Posted 12 February 2013 - 03:13 PM

WAR IS PEACE
FREEDOM IS SLAVERY
IGNORANCE IS STRENGTH

Just finished that book lol.

#46 MiidiiaN

• Pip
  • Sergeant
  • 13 posts
  • Twitter: Link
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationAustralia

Posted 12 February 2013 - 04:39 PM

In away, i ended up picking liao because of the colours in away. (i know abit of the mech-lore thing) there definatly not as big (territory wise) as Stiener or Davion. etc.

But picked it becuase of the Flag logo, and because it green/black/yellow, i normally have those colours for the mech (to reflect the house iam in) but it also doubles becuase iam Australian. the green and yellow (plus the black added in) aye.. kinda matches up. if you know what i mean.

Nothing too crazy, but thats why i picked Liao. and you gotta pick one of em in the end.

#47 Wales Grey

Dark Clown

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 861 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationThe Frigid North

Posted 12 February 2013 - 09:53 PM

WAR IS PEACE

FREEDOM IS SLAVERY

IGNORANCE IS STRENGTH

i like liao because it is the house that elected greatbeer to be its leader, and i will follow greatbeer to the ends of the earth. unless he leads us off a cliff, in which case i will toil endlessly to build a bridge out of the bodies of pubbie mechs who challenge the word.

SQUAWK-EYLA

#48 CrashieJ

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,435 posts
  • LocationGalatea (Mercenary's Star)

Posted 12 February 2013 - 10:08 PM

they pay a bit lower in contracts... but as long as you assist them in "downsizing" other merc. corps, they'll let you play with their shiny toys.

#49 MiidiiaN

• Pip
  • Sergeant
  • 13 posts
  • LocationAustralia

Posted 14 February 2013 - 01:58 AM

I fear that MWO will be nothing more than a GLORIFIED TECH DEMO if PGI doesn't let the community contribute to the game.

Aw... thats a bit harsh. :)

#50 Mederlock

• Pip
  • 12 posts
  • LocationCanuckistan

Posted 17 February 2013 - 11:09 PM

I chose the Capellan Confederation because service guarantees citizenship!

SQUA*ahem*

#51 armchairyoda

• PipPipPip
  • Moderate Giver
  • 98 posts
  • LocationKaetetôã

Posted 18 February 2013 - 01:30 PM

I wanted an original Malaysian-themed Gundam.

#52 dscruffy1

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 118 posts
  • LocationThe Periphery

Posted 18 February 2013 - 02:35 PM

Because Capellans are some of the worst people I will ever be.

CAPELLA-LA

Edited by dscruffy1, 18 February 2013 - 02:40 PM.

#53 Ocrana

Rookie

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 2 posts

Posted 20 February 2013 - 01:46 PM

Bcause Liao is full of hot and highly insane *******:

Romano, Kali, and yes, even Candace was in several ways away from a stable mind.

#54 KissMyCloaca

Rookie

• Bridesmaid
  • 4 posts

Posted 21 February 2013 - 11:41 AM

Was hoping I could get a [dao] sword for my Atlas when melee is finally implemented

Edited by Niko Snow, 21 February 2013 - 03:22 PM.
Wrong Sword

#55 Broceratops

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,903 posts

Posted 21 February 2013 - 01:22 PM

i wish to stand beside my goon allies

#56 KissMyCloaca

Rookie

• Bridesmaid
  • 4 posts

Posted 22 February 2013 - 09:29 AM

View PostKissMyCloaca, on 21 February 2013 - 11:41 AM, said:

Was hoping I could get a [dao] sword for my Atlas when melee is finally implemented

DONT CENSOR ME

#57 Storm Wraith

• PipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 23 posts

Posted 22 February 2013 - 02:07 PM

I would like to point out that, not only was the Capellan University the lightstand maintaining knowledge during the darkest days of all the Inner Sphere, but who was responsible for the very Rules of Combat? The laws that forbad the wholesale destruction of planets by meteor bombardment, stopped the slide into techno-barbarism that was ocurring due to the increasing callous destruction of irreplaceable Factories and interplanetary transport?

The Ares Conventions, instituted in 2412, and ratified by ALL the Major Houses and the Terran Hegemony.

Lady Aleisha - may her sleep be blessed - worked herself into an early grave to accomplish this. And without this not only would there be no more battlemechs, we'd be lucky to be fighting each other with pointy rocks - and even then, it would be only on one world, as interstellar travel would be impossible.

Liao may have it's issues (Hey! Maskirovka! I only said, *may*!) but let's not forget the debt the Sphere owes them.

StormWraith, Feudal Sakkran Researcher,
Annoying Nephew of Maximillian Liao,
and Inventor of "Battlemech Bungee Jousting".

#58 metro

• 2,491 posts
  • LocationSians Celestial City- http://capellanconfederation.com/

Posted 23 February 2013 - 01:01 PM

Green is kewl.

Edited by metro, 23 February 2013 - 01:01 PM.

#59 dscruffy1

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 118 posts
  • LocationThe Periphery

Posted 23 February 2013 - 03:42 PM

Because I adore heartless suppressive dictatorships.

CAPELLA-LA

#60 metro

• 2,491 posts
  • LocationSians Celestial City- http://capellanconfederation.com/

Posted 23 February 2013 - 06:03 PM

Faction House Liao will show all who seek, true honor and integrity.

Edited by metro, 23 February 2013 - 10:36 PM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users