Separate crosshairs and sensitivity for hands

3 replies to this topic

#1 DeadlyNerd

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,452 posts

Posted 13 October 2012 - 06:18 PM

I know people are already struggling with the current system of hands + torso crosshairs but I'd really like to be able to finely target someone with my PPC hand while not at the same time having that low sensitivity cripple my aim with the other, lazer, hand(or even torso, however slow it turns) in close combat.

So here's the list :

Checkbox to toggle and allow modifying the separate sensitivity settings.
Separate crosshairs for hands - two different colored circles would do the job.
Separate sensitivity for each hand - same sensitivity acts as the current system.
Switch button to toggle separate sens on and off ingame - again, why cripple close combat if you wanted to snipe for a bit.
Hands will still have the maximum speed of turning defined by the game.(duh) Sensitivity just adjusts at what percentage they turn.
Weapon grouping for hands(circle symbol) divided into 2 groups, of course.
EDIT :Keybind to switch with which hand you're aiming, which is the leading hand. (missed that one)

Edited by DeadlyNerd, 14 October 2012 - 03:47 AM.

#2 nektu

• PipPipPip
  • 95 posts

Posted 13 October 2012 - 11:48 PM

So, just out of curiocity: what is your control setup for this? How would you aim both arms separately, and the torso crosshair at the same time (at different targets obviously)?

Edited by nektu, 13 October 2012 - 11:52 PM.

#3 DeadlyNerd

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,452 posts

Posted 14 October 2012 - 03:42 AM

why would anyone need that? I mean, sure pro's would use that ability but I wouldn't go to those lengths just yet.
Still one target, just more options on with what to and how to target it .

Edited by DeadlyNerd, 14 October 2012 - 03:50 AM.

#4 Tarl Cabot

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Tai-sho
  • Tai-sho
  • 7,738 posts
  • LocationImperial City, Luthien - Draconis Combine

Posted 14 October 2012 - 02:28 PM

For those mechs will a wider range of arm motion, there is a way to fire arm mounted weapons at one mech and fire the torso mounted at another mech. The pilot would need to use the in cockpit view button, Left Cntrl, then turn the mech. Still playing with keybindings on Nostromos to help with it. I have been able to use it a few times (hai, it is cumbersome) but the comments about being a hacker killing two heavily damaged mechs almost at the same was funny.

4 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 4 guests, 0 anonymous users