Final Founders Numbers

98 replies to this topic

#81 WithSilentWings

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 223 posts
  • LocationMississauga, Ontario, Canada

Posted 18 October 2012 - 09:04 AM

Misha, the numbers have always gone up, there was never any notable drop in founders. As far as sales, not sure of the metrics. I didn't do a "collect data every week to compare" type thing.

I agree that PGI is ignoring very few issues and is communicating with the community quite strongly. I have no idea where people get the gall to say PGI isn't being open and talking about things... I too got the message that they were working on a fix for premium time like 4 or 5 times via forums and ask the devs and news posts.

#82 Scratx

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 3,283 posts

Posted 18 October 2012 - 09:11 AM

View PostKmg, on 17 October 2012 - 08:00 PM, said:

So... just to be totally sure!!!!
No founder's anymore? by any means? no way of getting the founders? =T
I'm really sad guys, yesterday i was about to buy the founder's and i can't anymore...
I want to give you my money! pls take it!

You can by MCs or wait a little longer and see if they throw out a new package. They've strongly hinted at that possibility.

#83 TechNoir

• PipPip
  • 33 posts
  • LocationHawaii

Posted 24 October 2012 - 03:05 AM

Bet their going to get a fancy office now =]

#84 The ZeroCool

• Pip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 11 posts
  • LocationNew Jersey

Posted 24 October 2012 - 03:14 AM

View PostScratx, on 18 October 2012 - 09:11 AM, said:

You can by MCs or wait a little longer and see if they throw out a new package. They've strongly hinted at that possibility.

yeah I really think there would be something else later on. Can't really keep the Founder's going the whole time during MWO. It would be anything special if everyone had it.

#85 T3N5H1

• PipPipPip
  • Rage
  • Rage
  • 56 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 24 October 2012 - 03:27 AM

I bought first the smallest package, then i upgraded to the ELITE Pack.
And I am fine with the game.
The only thing which disappoints me is that the armor bug hasn't solved till yet.
But I am sure, thats will be done until the final launch.

This game has beaten every game I purchased the last months!
Even other free games which were favorites to me are not interesting anymore.
My paid time for MMORPGs are paid, but I don't miss them and i let them run out of time.

So my other friends, who don't play or like MWO now have bad luck.
For now I don't want and need a different game!

#86 Iron Pegasus

Rookie

• Sergeant
  • Sergeant
  • 9 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationNew Aragon, Federated Commonwealth

Posted 24 October 2012 - 04:03 AM

I've always been a battletech fan but this is honestly the game I've dream'nt about since Mechassualt for Xbox...I've waited long and pateintly for another title that was up to par with that game. I think the developers are doing an outstanding job going above and beyond to deliver a quality expierence.

The realism factor and the Mech mechanics make this game great. I love giant mechanized walking death machines...I've played everything from Armored Core, Front Mission(3-5), Zone of the Enders(1-2), Lost Planet(1-2) to Mobile Suit Gundam:Journey to Jaburo...All of these were some of the best Mech titles I've ever experienced and alot were ahead of their time...although the mechanics of each game's mechology were greatly varied, Mechwarrior(Battletech,Mechassualt) have always stuck to the fundamentals of what piloting a huge armored mech would be realisticly like...and for that I have to say that this genre' is by far my favorite.

#87 Rip Calkin

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 129 posts
  • LocationTexas

Posted 24 October 2012 - 04:48 AM

View PostLandsharkk, on 15 October 2012 - 09:56 AM, said:

About a month ago I got a refund for my founders package, clearly stating in the emails back and forth with support that it was because they were forcing founders members to spend their premium time during open beta.

3 days before founders program ends they announce that founders will have the option to start their time whenever they want.

Of course, now it's too late for me to re-buy the founders package. Had they said something even 5 days earlier I could have re-bought. Although I'm overall glad with their decision to push back open beta and allow founders the option to choose when their time starts, I still feel that PGI is SEVERELY disconnected from their customers even now.

I'll be playing this game for free, but for PGI to receive any of my money again I'm going to need to see some significant changes in how they communicate with their customers.

Maybe you shouldn't have given up on trying to communicate with the devs as quickly as you did. People reward people who are supportive of their endeavors, not those who are too flighty to be counted upon when troubles begin.

I'd say that, because you quit out so quickly and easily, you made your own bed... and now you're ******** about having to lay in it.

#88 Freeride Forever

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 368 posts
  • LocationOntario, Canada

Posted 24 October 2012 - 04:45 PM

View PostLandsharkk, on 15 October 2012 - 09:56 AM, said:

About a month ago I got a refund for my founders package, clearly stating in the emails back and forth with support that it was because they were forcing founders members to spend their premium time during open beta.

3 days before founders program ends they announce that founders will have the option to start their time whenever they want.

Of course, now it's too late for me to re-buy the founders package. Had they said something even 5 days earlier I could have re-bought. Although I'm overall glad with their decision to push back open beta and allow founders the option to choose when their time starts, I still feel that PGI is SEVERELY disconnected from their customers even now.

I'll be playing this game for free, but for PGI to receive any of my money again I'm going to need to see some significant changes in how they communicate with their customers.

Maybe seek some therapy for your abnormally impulsive behavior? It can be dangerous.

#89 Cpt Grunge

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 247 posts
  • LocationSeattle, WA

Posted 24 October 2012 - 05:06 PM

I'm glad to see Legendary Founders had the most sales. GJ Guys. That's kind of devoted fans I like to see. To bad I didn't end up buying one BUT I bought a decent amount of MC. So and will do so again.

#90 Lyquid

Rookie

• 1 posts
  • LocationMelbourne

Posted 17 November 2012 - 05:41 PM

Is there anyway to get founders package now as I see it is closed?

Lyq

#91 Budor

• 2,565 posts

Posted 17 November 2012 - 05:45 PM

Nope but you could buy a Yen Lo Wang to have a mech that earns you 30% extra cash. Founder variants earn 25% extra.

This is the first necro ive seen since open beta, you earned a FIRST! cadet.

Edited by Budor, 17 November 2012 - 05:46 PM.

#92 StandingCow

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 3,069 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 17 November 2012 - 05:46 PM

View PostLyquid, on 17 November 2012 - 05:41 PM, said:

Is there anyway to get founders package now as I see it is closed?

Lyq

Nope, your best bet is to wait for the next package or deal...

#93 Irvine

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Fire
  • Fire
  • 289 posts

Posted 02 January 2013 - 12:18 AM

Bumping. Can the devs(Garth?) tell us how successful the founders was? There should be money, especially with the amount of MC bought as well. Thanks.

#94 zudukai

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,707 posts

Posted 02 January 2013 - 12:21 AM

View PostIrvine, on 02 January 2013 - 12:18 AM, said:

Bumping. Can the devs(Garth?) tell us how successful the founders was? There should be money, especially with the amount of MC bought as well. Thanks.

they got about 5.7 mil, i remember seeing a thread, i will see if i can dig it up...

#95 Irvine

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Fire
  • Fire
  • 289 posts

Posted 02 January 2013 - 12:30 AM

View Postzudukai, on 02 January 2013 - 12:21 AM, said:

they got about 5.7 mil, i remember seeing a thread, i will see if i can dig it up...

thank you!

#96 zudukai

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,707 posts

Posted 02 January 2013 - 12:54 AM

View PostWithSilentWings, on 15 October 2012 - 06:32 AM, said:

Since Founders has come to an end, here are the "official" Founders numbers. I assume a few people may still be receiving refunds but doubt the numbers would change much.

Type-----------Number------Value Per------Line Total
Legendary----26,470-------120--------------3,176,400
Elite------------26,400--------60---------------1,584,000
Veteran-------14,840--------30----------------445,200
-----------------------------------------------------------------
Total: 5,205,600

View PostIrvine, on 02 January 2013 - 12:30 AM, said:

thank you!

err, OP tells you...

#97 Irvine

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Fire
  • Fire
  • 289 posts

Posted 02 January 2013 - 02:00 AM

View Postzudukai, on 02 January 2013 - 12:54 AM, said:

err, OP tells you...

ya i know but is this confirmed or speculation based data?

#98 Zylo

• 1,782 posts
  • Locationunknown, possibly drunk

Posted 02 January 2013 - 02:57 AM

View PostIrvine, on 02 January 2013 - 12:18 AM, said:

I think at least the first link explains where the money went*

http://mwomercs.com/...anwhile-at-pgi/

http://mwomercs.com/...-pgipart-deuce/

*from Paul's profile:

"I'm thinking buying the designers and artists flutes from Mexico was a bad idea. Updated 23 Nov · 8 comments:"

#99 Irvine

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Fire
  • Fire
  • 289 posts

Posted 02 January 2013 - 01:15 PM

thanks

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users