Final Founders Numbers

98 replies to this topic

#41 GetinmyBellah

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 278 posts
  • LocationWest Palm Beach, USA

Posted 15 October 2012 - 06:04 PM

Dagnabbit, I had signed up for the $30 package and was awaiting my next payday - tomorrow - to move up to legendary. At least I was able to contribute a small amount.

Cheers!
Robey

#42 Xlaminator

• PipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • 75 posts
  • LocationCentral Europe

Posted 15 October 2012 - 06:30 PM

View PostLandsharkk, on 15 October 2012 - 04:44 PM, said:

Also, it seems to me like you are ignoring all of those who requested a refund and how they influenced the delay or open beta. Instead, all I hear is a bunch of people ******** at those who got refunds, nothing about "hey, we stand by your decision and I'm glad you were able to speak with your wallet", etc.

You won´t hear the latter because for me it would be a blatant lie. I do not stand by your descision and I am not glad you were able to speak with your wallet (tbh I absolutely don´t mind that you pulled the plug, in my opinion you made a bad descision, but that is up to you). Quite the opposite is true.
Imho it is quite a childish reaction to pull out the "refund-hammer" in these circumstances. I never would have thought of this possibility before I read about it in the forum.
When I bought Founders, it was a risky investment to show my support, if the devs don´t pull it off, I have to write off my money. Thats how I see the Founder-Programme. Simple as that...

#43 Arch Angel 09

• PipPipPip
  • The Defiant
  • 80 posts
  • LocationToronto, Ontario

Posted 15 October 2012 - 06:38 PM

Glad to see some good numbers supporting the game!

#44 Ranger207

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 485 posts
  • LocationI iz in ur matchez, killing ur battlemechz

Posted 15 October 2012 - 06:44 PM

View PostWithSilentWings, on 15 October 2012 - 06:32 AM, said:

Since Founders has come to an end, here are the "official" Founders numbers. I assume a few people may still be receiving refunds but doubt the numbers would change much.

Type-----------Number------Value Per------Line Total
Legendary----26,470-------120--------------3,176,400
Elite------------26,400--------60---------------1,584,000
Veteran-------14,840--------30----------------445,200
-----------------------------------------------------------------
Total: 5,205,600

Intresting... I remember some of the first stats and noticing the massive Legendary/Elite ratio. Guess i's evened out a bit now.

#45 Sifulch

• PipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 62 posts
  • LocationAustralia

Posted 15 October 2012 - 06:58 PM

Well I'm happy with the progress of the game and look forward to the future. I bought into the founders package after I got a invite for the closed beta and had played for a month. I then relised that PGI were on the right track and will be as successfull as StarTrek online. (Well I hope)

#46 Drogum Nethar

• PipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 27 posts
  • LocationWoodstock, GA

Posted 15 October 2012 - 07:00 PM

Wish they would fix the issue with the Founders Mech's armor and stuff being broken - It sucks to have and Atlas in the garage that I can't put armor on and save, then drive (albeit slowly) and pound on people!.

And I wish someone can stop me from charging ahead to blast some poor mech only to be the LRM magnet that everyone else on my team is hiding from like p.u.s.s.i.e.s :D

Good job so far PGI - I actually have been diverted from WoT by this game - I'd rather give you the $$ to play than greedy Russians who want to soak u for ever little thing.

Edited by Drogum Nethar, 15 October 2012 - 07:04 PM.

#47 zudukai

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,707 posts

Posted 15 October 2012 - 07:05 PM

with numbers like that we should be getting more details from the company more often.

#48 1ceTr0n

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 545 posts
  • LocationMoving at long last....

Posted 15 October 2012 - 07:10 PM

View Postzudukai, on 15 October 2012 - 07:05 PM, said:

with numbers like that we should be getting more details from the company more often.

Keep thinking that "entitlement" makes you special eh?

#49 Kirk Gibbs

Rookie

• 6 posts
  • LocationMichigan

Posted 15 October 2012 - 07:27 PM

Its hard me to understand what the complaint is about. He had issues at where the game is. He asked for a refund and got it back. I've bounced in and out of the beta for the last two months. At times it was too rough for me to invest my time in. Now I'm ready for it to hit open beta and learn the ropes. As a previous poster metioned, this had diverted me from WoT, and I'm ready to make the full switch tomorrow.

And an investment isn't purely a monentary item like LandShark keeps trying to push. It's saying I'll invest x amount of money for x amount of fun. Find another entertainment venues that'll give you 100, 200, 300, etc hours of entertainment for $120. A typical movie at the theaters costs you $3.50 an hour.

#50 Enig

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 594 posts
  • LocationCharlotte, NC

Posted 15 October 2012 - 07:31 PM

View PostLandsharkk, on 15 October 2012 - 09:56 AM, said:

About a month ago I got a refund for my founders package, clearly stating in the emails back and forth with support that it was because they were forcing founders members to spend their premium time during open beta.

3 days before founders program ends they announce that founders will have the option to start their time whenever they want.

Of course, now it's too late for me to re-buy the founders package. Had they said something even 5 days earlier I could have re-bought. Although I'm overall glad with their decision to push back open beta and allow founders the option to choose when their time starts, I still feel that PGI is SEVERELY disconnected from their customers even now.

I'll be playing this game for free, but for PGI to receive any of my money again I'm going to need to see some significant changes in how they communicate with their customers.

Seems like you acted hastily.

#51 1ceTr0n

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 545 posts

Posted 15 October 2012 - 07:51 PM

View PostLandsharkk, on 15 October 2012 - 10:27 AM, said:

When is 'from the beginning'? Because back when I got my refund they had not even hinted they were looking into some way to allow founders to choose their time. In fact, that didn't even come up until the Reddit interview last Friday, and even then it was 'we are looking into the possibility', which is a far distance from a solid answer to the issue.

As for the comment that I'm disconnected from PGI, not the other way around. I almost never see PGI respond to any concerns in the forums or on their website. What I do see is festering complaints continue to get worse and worse and gain momentum like a steam-roller, until the forums nearly implode on themselves. Then, when people start getting so upset that they begin asking for refunds in large numbers, only then does PGI decide to respond. That's what I said PGI is disconnected from their customers. There's little to no transparency with PGI when it comes to concerns brought up by their beta testers.

We give them mountains of feedback and they don't seem to give us much back.

Posted Image

#52 zudukai

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,707 posts

Posted 15 October 2012 - 08:42 PM

View Post1ceTr0n, on 15 October 2012 - 07:10 PM, said:

Keep thinking that "entitlement" makes you special eh?

what are you even talking about? the creators of this fine game said they will be open every step, while they have somewhat, all i have ever been saying is that they really should be sharing more plans and actions that they are taking or explaining why they are going in a direction they are for whatever reason that might be.

what is your issue?

#53 1ceTr0n

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 545 posts

Posted 15 October 2012 - 08:49 PM

By the sounds of your blog, you basically stance that everyone and everything should somewhat "bend" to make you happy, the MWO closed beta being no different in that you should get the special "privledege" in knowing everything there is to know about what is going on in the game for being a founder.

Guess what son, welcome to the real world where a lot of people are informed on a "need to know basis", get used to it.

Edited by 1ceTr0n, 15 October 2012 - 08:50 PM.

#54 employee24601

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 176 posts
  • LocationSydney, Australia

Posted 15 October 2012 - 08:51 PM

I started with Elite and bumped up to Legendary shortly after playing my first few matches (and I routinely see a 260-300 ping from where I live). Week before last I bought my brother an Elite pack (right at the time I couldn't play at all due patch rubber-banding issues). He's more comfortable with a 360 controller and doesn't even own a PC capable of running MWO at the moment.

I was fully aware that both purchases were simply a measure of support for PGI and MWO (with in game bonuses for our trouble).

Simply put, I'm glad I was able to keep the faith and didn't let my love turn to hate.

Boom.

Edited by employee24601, 15 October 2012 - 09:02 PM.

#55 JediPanther

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 4,070 posts
  • LocationLost in my C1

Posted 15 October 2012 - 09:02 PM

Those are good numbers. Even though I couldn't be active in the cb due to not having a decent enought pc I'm glad to see all the progress made. I'm pretty happy with helping a small amount by getting founders. I'm looking forward to using the founder mechs and seeing how things go once I get a new machine. Till then I'll keep reading the fourms etc.

#56 LJim

• PipPipPip
  • 50 posts
  • LocationPerth, Western Australia

Posted 15 October 2012 - 09:54 PM

Paid up to support the game development. the rest is just bonus :rolleyes: although not near complete, loving how it is and looking forward to addition of more detail.

#57 zudukai

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,707 posts

Posted 15 October 2012 - 10:03 PM

View Post1ceTr0n, on 15 October 2012 - 08:49 PM, said:

By the sounds of your blog,

what are you talking about? i do not blog.

Guess what son, welcome to the real world where a lot of people are informed on a "need to know basis", get used to it.

sure, how do you bring change? (here) -vocally.

i have not been anything like you describe, you are mistaken, mislead and have been moronic.

Edited by zudukai, 15 October 2012 - 10:03 PM.

#58 SilentWolff

• The God of Death
  • The God of Death
  • 2,174 posts
  • LocationNew Las Vegas

Posted 15 October 2012 - 10:15 PM

Those are good numbers IMO. Should be a good kick start for PGI.
Best 120 bucks Ive spent in awhile. MWO will be my mistress for many years to come.:rolleyes:

#59 Nauht

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 2,141 posts

Posted 15 October 2012 - 10:18 PM

Until we get firm numbers of how many went for and actually went through their forum threats to get a refund, all his talk about "people power through refunds" is just all that - talk.

Far more likely that they listened to the general feedback on the forums rather than a handful requesting refunds (or threatening to).

But if it makes you feel better for not being able to get founders now, then.... /shrug, I dunno, don't really care.

#60 xxREVxx

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Vicious
  • The Vicious
  • 428 posts

Posted 15 October 2012 - 10:44 PM

View PostSilentWolff, on 15 October 2012 - 10:15 PM, said:

Those are good numbers IMO. Should be a good kick start for PGI.
Best 120 bucks Ive spent in awhile. MWO will be my mistress for many years to come. :D

you know it! :rolleyes:
120 bucks is nothing to me if it helps keep mechwarrior coming for years to come. 120 bucks to help work the kinks out of a game I've been waiting YEARS for, hellyeah. I'm glad to be of help, devs

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users