Ask The Devs 21 - Answers!

20 replies to this topic

#21 Jaksen Yak

Rookie

• 3 posts

Posted 21 October 2012 - 01:05 PM

View PostSolis Obscuri, on 15 October 2012 - 02:14 PM, said:

There are weapons that do more than just damage - that's what Flamers and Inferno missiles are for.

PPCs are supposed to be hard-hitting long-range energy weapons, sort of the equivalent of a class-10 AC with better range and no ammo requirement. As it stands, they're worse than the other lasers, and the autocannons (which are themselves all worse than the Gauss Rifle). Why not improve the damage and hit detection (which I continue to see as bugged) to make it powerful long-range direct damage weapon instead of leaving it a crappy weapon but putting on dumb MW4 effects to make a griefer cannon?

Same thing with AC/2 "shake" - why? Why would the weakest gun in the game "rock" a target so much that it can't aim, while an AC/10 to the cockpit can be ignored? The point of a primary weapon should be to have some combination of range, RoF, damage, accuracy, etc. that makes it desirable to use, not some kind of "magic spell" it casts on the enemy 'mech that prevents it from functioning properly.

Absolutely agree. Look at the TT rules, the PPC is just a solid long range energy weapon, and the AC2 does not knock you around/down. When B.T. Online was in beta I was very disappointed that that AC2 loadout for certain mechs was so incredibly superior because it could lock down targets completely, which is just stupid. Even if it's not that severe, there's just no reason for it. The weapon is already good for having extreme range while having less weight and more ammo than a gauss, the tradeoff is minimal damage. PPCs should be no ammo high heat alternatives to gauss (even if the damage is slightly less) the end.

I think the dev response was in line with my other comment which is: mech explosion visuals = fine, mech explosions that kill me are bad bad bad. Even ammo/gauss explosions are supposed to be to the internals of the mech in they were seated in, not to the area around it.

Edited by Jaksen Yak, 21 October 2012 - 01:07 PM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users