#21 Timuroslav

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Gunsho-ni
  • Gunsho-ni
  • 672 posts
  • Location米国のネバダ州のリノで住んでいます。

Posted 16 October 2012 - 08:23 AM

View Postlsp, on 15 October 2012 - 10:29 PM, said:

Sounds like RP to me, this has no effect ingame, if I had to choose I would probably go steiner. Chinese space robots don't interest me.(made in china) I would go with the free worlds league if it was a option.(in this thread)

Is it just me or is this an oxymoron? Role play doesn't matter but I don't like Chinese robots? Sorry, but almost every part of that statement is wrong. lol I suggest http://www.sarna.net/wiki/Main_Page as soon as possible. Obviously lore matters a little bit to you because you don't like Chinese Names is my guess. You could always go House Marik? Personally, If I had to chose between the two, I don't know who I would chose, Davion want's to reclaim his throne, possible because the Steiner territories are rich with heavy metals, but the Liao culture is strong because of their Meritocracy ties.

On a side note: When I first started Mechwarrior, I liked Davion just because they seemed like the good guys. But if you think about it. The Commander of Davion is still doing what Steiner does best, using the military as a political tool to put himself back in power of semi broken political system. Where's the logic in that? Meritocracy all the way, Capellan Confederation.

Oh and keep in mind that China is a tiny tiny tiny region on Terra aka Earth, and we're talking Macro here like clusters and clusters of PLANETS PLANETS>some region on terra.

Edited by Timuroslav, 16 October 2012 - 08:29 AM.

#22 lsp

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 1,618 posts
  • LocationCA

Posted 16 October 2012 - 10:20 AM

View PostTimuroslav, on 16 October 2012 - 08:23 AM, said:

Is it just me or is this an oxymoron? Role play doesn't matter but I don't like Chinese robots? Sorry, but almost every part of that statement is wrong. lol I suggest http://www.sarna.net/wiki/Main_Page as soon as possible. Obviously lore matters a little bit to you because you don't like Chinese Names is my guess. You could always go House Marik? Personally, If I had to chose between the two, I don't know who I would chose, Davion want's to reclaim his throne, possible because the Steiner territories are rich with heavy metals, but the Liao culture is strong because of their Meritocracy ties.

On a side note: When I first started Mechwarrior, I liked Davion just because they seemed like the good guys. But if you think about it. The Commander of Davion is still doing what Steiner does best, using the military as a political tool to put himself back in power of semi broken political system. Where's the logic in that? Meritocracy all the way, Capellan Confederation.

Oh and keep in mind that China is a tiny tiny tiny region on Terra aka Earth, and we're talking Macro here like clusters and clusters of PLANETS PLANETS>some region on terra.

Has nothing to do with lore, I'm American. I'm pro freedom, I would never play in a fascist chinese group. Nor would I want to pilot their crappy inferior made in china mech's.(regardless of what the games lore says about how good they are) And also I don't think china would ever be a underdog. They have one of the biggest military's in the world, and they are one of the richest also. The european groups would most likely be the underdogs.(kinda like real life, except france russia germany england(even england's military is tiny) )
I think BT lore needs a update, to be more in line with current events. I know everyone will hate that comment. I prefer something that is atleast believable, not just all fairy tales and make believe. Hence why I'm not that into the lore.

Edited by lsp, 16 October 2012 - 10:40 AM.

#23 Propnut

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 278 posts
  • LocationMichigan

Posted 16 October 2012 - 10:26 AM

View Postlsp, on 16 October 2012 - 10:20 AM, said:

Has nothing to do with lore, I'm American. I'm pro freedom, I would never play in a fascist chinese group. Nor would I want to pilot their crappy inferior made in china mech's.(regardless of what the games lore says about how good they are)

Which of the governments in the Battletech universe is Democratic, or any variety of Republican (no, not talking about the Republican Party).

#24 Joseph Mallan

ForumWarrior

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 35,216 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationMallanhold, Furillo

Posted 16 October 2012 - 10:28 AM

House Steiner...
We have better Beer!!!!

#25 SVK Puskin

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • 822 posts

Posted 16 October 2012 - 10:30 AM

Liao or Steiner? Are you kidding me :D ? Davion! :)

#26 Gamer2k

• Pip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 11 posts

Posted 16 October 2012 - 10:36 AM

i read the description about steiner and i like it so i pick steiner for me!

#27 Khanhran Vickers

• PipPip
  • The Dragoon
  • The Dragoon
  • 20 posts

Posted 16 October 2012 - 10:39 AM

Honestly, each house has it's good and it's bad, ally yourself based on your own sense of honor, if that draws you to Liao then so be it either way your making friends as well as enemies

#28 Darth Griffin

• PipPipPip
  • The People's Hero
  • The People
  • 57 posts
  • LocationGhost Bear occupation zone

Posted 16 October 2012 - 10:47 AM

My choice was easy, I already have the Steiner security badge I picked up at a Star Trek convention back in the 90's.
Posted Image
Plus I'm a big fan of the Battletech cartoon I watched as a kid. I think I still have a copy of it around here somewhere. I can't wait 'till they release the Mauler.

Edited by Darth Griffin, 16 October 2012 - 10:48 AM.

#29 Thom Frankfurt

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,741 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationSearounders Tavern, Port St. Williams, Coventry

Posted 16 October 2012 - 10:52 AM

You've heard the ideological reasons why you should pick Liao. You haven't heard much from the Lyrans other than they have bigger mechs, or beer. (The beer part is a valid reason IMO)

I'm confused as to when this became a d**k contest...

#30 Lima Zulu

Russian Community Champion

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,971 posts

Posted 16 October 2012 - 11:06 AM

View PostPropnut, on 16 October 2012 - 10:26 AM, said:

Which of the governments in the Battletech universe is Democratic, or any variety of Republican (no, not talking about the Republican Party).

Well, FWL has a parliament. Thomas Marik often said he can't do something without parliament support like coordinator or first prince. Especially when he didn't want to do it :D
Posted Image

View Postlsp, on 16 October 2012 - 10:20 AM, said:

fascist chinese group. Nor would I want to pilot their crappy inferior made in china mech's.(regardless of what the games lore says about how good they are)

Yeah... Hating whole nation just because they are "chinese"... True face of Davion philosophy. Call back all our propaganda squads, we don't need it here anymore.

GriffonX

Confederation has Corvin Doctrine, Lorix Order and Sarna Mandate. Ares conventions were suggested by Liao. Read about it, and you'll understand true spirit of Capellan Confederation.

#31 Lyran

• PipPipPip
  • 65 posts
  • LocationNorth England

Posted 16 October 2012 - 11:08 AM

Steiner, economic might makes right. Critics may speak against brute force but they have not seen the beauty of a line of assault mechs crushing the enemies of the Steiner houses beneath their steel feet....

#32 Adridos

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • 10,635 posts
  • LocationHiding in a cake, left in green city called New A... something.

Posted 16 October 2012 - 11:14 AM

Posted Image

#33 IceGryphon

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Rage
  • Rage
  • 272 posts
  • LocationArizona, USA

Posted 16 October 2012 - 11:23 AM

Indeed, the Lyran solution to most problems is typically negotiation, barter, or covert action—but with their resources and wealth, the armies of House Steiner can often field heavier and more numerous forces than their enemies, producing a virtual wall of steel against an enemy advance.... SOURCE: http://bg.battletech.com/?page_id=1923

Money Money money money...money.
Sometimes the Game of Economics is more entertaining then mechs slugging it out.

#34 DarkBazerker

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The God
  • The God
  • 258 posts
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationWaffle House

Posted 16 October 2012 - 11:23 AM

View PostJoseph Mallan, on 16 October 2012 - 10:28 AM, said:

House Steiner...
We have better Beer!!!!

Sorry to say but the FRR has you beat there. lol

Edited by DarkBazerker, 16 October 2012 - 11:24 AM.

#35 Arithion

• PipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 27 posts

Posted 16 October 2012 - 11:30 AM

To help with this decision, you should look at the most populated groups that are in Steiner and Liao. You should also consider which group would be most active and have the most people you get along with. Test the waters and see, I got nothing against Liao though the idea of being on the same side as Goons does worry me sometimes (Bad memories from "Burn Jita"). I can't really help you find a group with Liao though, gotta do some searching.

However, for Steiner I can recommend that join "Skye Rangers" the group I'm with. We are very active with several groups who play during different time zones. You can join for serious pvp or casual play with our group, even a bit of RP if your into that. If you have any questions, please shoot me a PM. http://www.skye-rangers.net/home

Overall though, you should choose what you think will suit you best.

Edited by Arithion, 16 October 2012 - 11:33 AM.

#36 dal10

• Philanthropist
  • 4,525 posts
  • Locationsomewhere near a bucket of water and the gates of hell.

Posted 16 October 2012 - 11:39 AM

Hi Arithion, remember me?

and will people stop saying goons == liao. yes, they are a part of the capcon military, no they are not the entirety of capcon.

#37 Arithion

• PipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 27 posts

Posted 16 October 2012 - 11:42 AM

Yep Dal10, I remember you. Keeping out of trouble I hope?

#38 Arch Angel 09

• PipPipPip
  • The Defiant
  • 80 posts
  • LocationToronto, Ontario

Posted 16 October 2012 - 11:45 AM

neither. I find both houses equally despicable however house Liao is the more interesting of the 2 if I had to make a choice

#39 dal10

• Philanthropist
  • 4,525 posts
  • Locationsomewhere near a bucket of water and the gates of hell.

Posted 16 October 2012 - 11:48 AM

View PostArithion, on 16 October 2012 - 11:42 AM, said:

Yep Dal10, I remember you. Keeping out of trouble I hope?

It is not me keeping out of trouble, for trouble has more of a habit of finding me...

View PostArch Angel 09, on 16 October 2012 - 11:45 AM, said:

neither. I find both houses equally despicable however house Liao is the more interesting of the 2 if I had to make a choice

lol, a davion calling us despicable. Which house leader got engaged to a 12 year old?

#40 Arithion

• PipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 27 posts

Posted 16 October 2012 - 11:54 AM

View Postdal10, on 16 October 2012 - 11:48 AM, said:

It is not me keeping out of trouble, for trouble has more of a habit of finding me...

lol, a davion calling us despicable. Which house leader got engaged to a 12 year old?

Well thats always fun, so long as your enjoying yourself I suppose.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users