#41 IceGryphon

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Rage
  • Rage
  • 272 posts
  • LocationArizona, USA

Posted 16 October 2012 - 11:54 AM

View PostArch Angel 09, on 16 October 2012 - 11:45 AM, said:

neither. I find both houses equally despicable however house Liao is the more interesting of the 2 if I had to make a choice

Derpy Davions are why fedcom failed.

#42 dal10

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • 4,525 posts
  • Locationsomewhere near a bucket of water and the gates of hell.

Posted 16 October 2012 - 11:55 AM

View PostArithion, on 16 October 2012 - 11:54 AM, said:

Well thats always fun, so long as your enjoying yourself I suppose.

Honestly I enjoy dropping with House Liao far more than I did the rangers, we manage to pull off good tactics while still being extremely relaxed in the Teamspeak server.

#43 RagingOyster

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 462 posts
  • LocationBaltimore, Maryland

Posted 16 October 2012 - 12:06 PM

How refreshing; another Liao vs Steiner thread :P

We get it guys:
Steiners are self righteous elitist douches who think that since they get alot of face time in the books they are the best house,
Liao think they are cool because "We're the underdogs man everybody hates us so that makes us awesome(?)" so they verbally attack every other house because those houses are conformists who want to play the good guys

Done. Lock thread.

Edited by RagingOyster, 16 October 2012 - 12:07 PM.

#44 Draken X

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • 320 posts
  • LocationGMT+8

Posted 16 October 2012 - 05:42 PM

Here we go... a thread regarding of a person's doubt of choosing between Liao and Steiner has turned into a tabletop battlefield.

View PostRagingOyster, on 16 October 2012 - 12:06 PM, said:

How refreshing; another Liao vs Steiner thread :P

We get it guys:
Steiners are self righteous elitist douches who think that since they get alot of face time in the books they are the best house,
Liao think they are cool because "We're the underdogs man everybody hates us so that makes us awesome(?)" so they verbally attack every other house because those houses are conformists who want to play the good guys

Done. Lock thread.

Says the Clanner who distaste the "ignorance" of the IS... :D

And allow me to clean things up for you. This thread was supposed to be a suggestion to join which faction over the OP guy's doubt, but a few guys in here turned this thread into a same old tabletop battlefield.

If only dal10 should stop responding the troublemakers' posts from the first place before Gattling come by and bring this thread on fire for real.

I suggest you not to show up in here with your self-righteous Clan high-horse to show how superior you are as a Clanner. Being a Clanner doesn't make you have the rights to pretend to be a mod, mind you. This happened is because of miscommunication. Sorry. You have no privilege to lock this thread. Cause you're not a mod.

Please leave this thread if you're not interested to this.

PS: Liao don't see Kurita as their enemies, and not much interested on fighting Steiner either. Only Davion and Marik hates them.

Edited by Draken X, 16 October 2012 - 05:54 PM.

#45 RagingOyster

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 462 posts
  • LocationBaltimore, Maryland

Posted 16 October 2012 - 06:10 PM

View PostDraken X, on 16 October 2012 - 05:42 PM, said:

Here we go... a thread regarding of a person's doubt of choosing between Liao and Steiner has turned into a tabletop battlefield.

Says the Clanner who distaste the "ignorance" of the IS... :)

And allow me to clean things up for you. This thread was supposed to be a suggestion to join which faction over the OP guy's doubt, but a few guys in here turned this thread into a same old tabletop battlefield.

If only dal10 should stop responding the troublemakers' posts from the first place before Gattling come by and bring this thread on fire for real.

I suggest you not to show up in here with your self-righteous Clan high-horse to show how superior you are as a Clanner. Being a Clanner doesn't make you have the rights to pretend to be a mod, mind you. This happened is because of miscommunication. Sorry. You have no privilege to lock this thread. Cause you're not a mod.

PS: Liao don't see Kurita as their enemies, and not much interested on fighting Steiner either. Only Davion and Marik hates them.

Wow guy, you seriously need to calm down. No one thinks they are a mod or superior because they are a Clansman and nobody is riding a horse. I was expressing my opinion, which is that every "Liao vs..." thread devolves into inter-faction trash talk. I believe I have the right to express an opinion on these forums, quiaff.. er.. correct?
Maybe, before telling me to get off "(my) self-righteous Clan high-horse" you remove your condescending tone and learn to relax a bit instead of attacking anyone who wishes to register a thought that is contrary to your own view?
I will not be responding to further replies, as it is clear anyone with a negative opinion of internet trash-talk is welcome here.

#46 dal10

• Philanthropist
  • 4,525 posts

Posted 16 October 2012 - 06:36 PM

View PostDraken X, on 16 October 2012 - 05:42 PM, said:

Says the Clanner who distaste the "ignorance" of the IS... :)

but I like verbally sparring with gattling...

#47 Arithion

• PipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 27 posts

Posted 16 October 2012 - 06:40 PM

Lets please avoid that. I thought this thread was rather productive. Even more so we were all getting along well I think. Right Dal10? No harsh words were thrown.

#48 dal10

• Philanthropist
  • 4,525 posts

Posted 16 October 2012 - 06:44 PM

I tend to not have harsh words unless provoked. I have long since lost my patience with people on this forum. particularly gattling.

#49 Haywood

Rookie

• 6 posts
  • LocationTexas

Posted 16 October 2012 - 07:29 PM

Green or Blue...

I see this same post is on the Steiner forums too... seems they didnt take the troll bait?

#50 Thom Frankfurt

• 2,741 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationSearounders Tavern, Port St. Williams, Coventry

Posted 16 October 2012 - 07:40 PM

There's also the play styles employed by both houses... Well that's if you're into fluff.

Steiner, big uber assault mechs.

Liao, more balanced and flexible units who work together to frustrate/annhilate their enemies.

If you're into a lance 2 Atlai, a Zues', and a Banchee by all means Steiner is the house for you.

If you're into a lance comprised of a Raven, Catapult, Cataphract, Vindicators or Blackjacks.. or any combination of, Liao is the house for you.

Edited by Thom Frankfurt, 16 October 2012 - 07:41 PM.

#51 Ramblin

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 270 posts
  • LocationTexas

Posted 16 October 2012 - 07:49 PM

I think I have made this question abundantly clear in a previous post... its pretty simple really. http://mwomercs.com/...367-us-vs-them/

#52 Draken X

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • 320 posts
  • LocationGMT+8

Posted 16 October 2012 - 07:50 PM

Not sure if MWO is taking place somewhere around the Capellan space, but it seems like a lot of Capellan mechs are likely to be introduced into the game.

And don't forget that the Flea is also in behalf of the Capellan lances too.

Edited by Draken X, 16 October 2012 - 07:51 PM.

#53 Jagdhund

• Pip
  • The Defiant
  • The Defiant
  • 11 posts
  • LocationTexas, USA

Posted 16 October 2012 - 08:15 PM

Both houses are not free, although they both have their own forms of meritocracy (economic and militant, respectively). However, my Polish/German heritage rages especially against the Russians, and therefore against the clans and Liao.

I will not stand with Steiner, but I will gladly take their money and kill their foes as part of a mercenary company.

Be aware, you proud minions of Liao, the Blackthorne's Dragoons are not the group of bumbling Atlas' you may face from Steiner. We look forward to meeting you in battle.

#54 Thom Frankfurt

• 2,741 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationSearounders Tavern, Port St. Williams, Coventry

Posted 16 October 2012 - 08:20 PM

Hey I respect everybody. I'll also respectfully lure them into a minefield, or TAG them for homing missiles.

And I'm not sure how many of you are TT players, but that Raven/Catapult duo is NASTY.

#55 Arch Angel 09

• PipPipPip
  • The Defiant
  • 80 posts
  • LocationToronto, Ontario

Posted 16 October 2012 - 08:30 PM

View Postdal10, on 16 October 2012 - 11:48 AM, said:

It is not me keeping out of trouble, for trouble has more of a habit of finding me...

lol, a davion calling us despicable. Which house leader got engaged to a 12 year old?

well played Dal 10, well played

#56 Alik Kerensky

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 406 posts
  • LocationSeattle

Posted 16 October 2012 - 08:59 PM

View PostJoseph Mallan, on 16 October 2012 - 10:28 AM, said:

House Steiner...
We have better Beer!!!!

Beer and sensible Jenner pilots who are continually saving our Atlai behinds cause their too stupid to not drink and drive. :)

#57 Ettibber

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • 300 posts

Posted 17 October 2012 - 02:00 AM

View PostArch Angel 09, on 16 October 2012 - 08:30 PM, said:

well played Dal 10, well played

he also could have gone with "and now my dear i give you the Capellan Confederation" pretty bad host really.

#58 Adridos

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • 10,635 posts
  • LocationHiding in a cake, left in green city called New A... something.

Posted 17 October 2012 - 03:38 AM

View PostAlik Kerensky, on 16 October 2012 - 08:59 PM, said:

Beer and sensible Jenner pilots who are continually saving our Atlai behinds cause their too stupid to not drink and drive. :)

Those Jenners in your back are actually Kuritans. ;)

#59 Draken X

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • 320 posts
  • LocationGMT+8

Posted 17 October 2012 - 04:02 AM

View PostAlik Kerensky, on 16 October 2012 - 08:59 PM, said:

Beer and sensible Jenner pilots who are continually saving our Atlai behinds cause their too stupid to not drink and drive. ;)

Jenners are Draconian's. :D

If so, your Atlai will be "backstabbed" by them.

It should be Commandos. They are Lyrans.

#60 Woopass

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Fire
  • Fire
  • 209 posts
  • LocationTacoma, WA

Posted 18 October 2012 - 08:05 AM

View Postdal10, on 16 October 2012 - 08:10 AM, said:

guess you will need your whole company of atlases just to stand a chance against my raven.

You need your raven to run away from my Atlas. Light mechs are a joke. I get a good laugh everytime they think cause I am pilot my Atlas, that they will run laps around me. But they just end up learning how much of a mistake they made, thats if they live.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users