What you can expect from game's graphics.

16 replies to this topic

#1 Xelchon

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 118 posts
  • LocationJust Outside Sensor Range

Posted 16 October 2012 - 04:30 AM

I put this video NOT because I play well in it, I actually get surrounded and kick the bucket here, but there are very nice scenes, and I wanted to share it, so here you go.

Edited by Xelchon, 16 October 2012 - 04:35 AM.

#2 SkyFoxGG

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 146 posts
  • LocationG-17

Posted 16 October 2012 - 04:54 AM

Why people still playin in CS 1.6? Because CS 1.6 have a cool gameplay. Graphics doesn`t matter.

I don`t need DX11, HDR and other fap-fap-fap-graphics things. Just 60FPS for the win.

And yes, video so booooriiiing. Thumbs down.

#3 Xelchon

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 118 posts

Posted 16 October 2012 - 05:21 AM

I am a guy who plays X-com because it's fun. That's not the issue here. I put it there for those 'interested' to see how the game is, and for those haven't been able to play. Ppl want the graphics, so it is here. If you've got a problem with games having good graphics... well that's your problem. Thx for the 'comment' anyway.

#4 Rorik Thrumsalr

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 184 posts
  • LocationUnited States

Posted 16 October 2012 - 05:26 AM

Is it a crime to like both graphics and gameplay SkyFoxGG? OP stated his purpose and I think he acheived them (high res video, smooth framerate in said video and so on). I like the end "and I'm going down..."

Thumbs up.

Oh yeah, DX11 improves frame rate for the most part (on similar settings).

Edited by Rorik Jorgensson, 16 October 2012 - 05:28 AM.

#5 Joe3142

Slothstronaut

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 958 posts
  • LocationUK

Posted 16 October 2012 - 02:48 PM

View PostSkyFoxGG, on 16 October 2012 - 04:54 AM, said:

Why people still playin in CS 1.6? Because CS 1.6 have a cool gameplay. Graphics doesn`t matter.

I don`t need DX11, HDR and other fap-fap-fap-graphics things. Just 60FPS for the win.

The video is not boring, and Xelchon uploaded it to show people who are not in the Closed Beta what the graphics are like.

Why did you bother commenting if you are going to be so negative towards Xelchon, constructive crit is alright, but saying "oh this is boring, thumbs down" is a bit, well.... rood.

And if you have great gameplay and awesome graphics, that is better.

Edited by Joe3142, 16 October 2012 - 02:48 PM.

#6 Slaughtererr

• PipPip
  • 44 posts

Posted 16 October 2012 - 03:07 PM

I dunno what are your system specs, because I can't obtain such performance without i5 + 8gb ram + GF 660 Ti. Graphics looks nice, I agree, still I think that thousands of possible players (of which many would buy premium and MC's etc) would rather play it on Unreal Engine 3 or smth, because then thousands of them could play it smoothly and also it would be much cheaper for devs. It is too early to make popular online titles on CryEngine 3.0, hence, on any CryEngine.

And while MWO is skill based game, having below 60 FPS = u are in serious problems, as "high end pc" players will just nuke your torso/head easily, while u struggle to aim them. This sucks as hell and will be one of the turn offs. I am an developer too and while in case of some projects it is worth to just push technology, in online gaming it is always a bad idea. Better please as many as possible.

Edited by Slaughtererr, 16 October 2012 - 03:16 PM.

#7 Chunkymonkey

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Brother
  • 657 posts
  • LocationReady to make war on Romano Liao for the true chancellor, Candace Allard-Liao

Posted 16 October 2012 - 03:11 PM

(clapping)

Edited by Chunkymonkey, 16 October 2012 - 03:12 PM.

#8 Poisoner

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 440 posts

Posted 16 October 2012 - 03:58 PM

I find the laq quirks make the game harder to play than a low frame rate. Its not a shooter so the frame rate does not need to be 60+ to be playable.

#9 Bryan Kerensky

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 246 posts

Posted 16 October 2012 - 04:08 PM

View PostSkyFoxGG, on 16 October 2012 - 04:54 AM, said:

So why the hell are you here jack***?

#10 Slaughtererr

• PipPip
  • 44 posts

Posted 16 October 2012 - 04:17 PM

View PostBryan Kerensky, on 16 October 2012 - 04:08 PM, said:

So why the hell are you here jack***?

Because he wants to play MWO and also he said the truth about games. Not graphics make good games, but gameplay and setting.

#11 Rorik Thrumsalr

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 184 posts
  • LocationUnited States

Posted 16 October 2012 - 04:33 PM

I've played many games where the graphics left a lasting positive impression that greatly influenced my overall opinion. Visuals are the first thing imprinted on our minds when we get in game. If a game is visually appealing it will not attract people AKA customers. The game could be visually barren like starseige and we'd all get 400fps, but honestly I'm not sure I'd want to play it.

The problem is when graphics take *priority* over gameplay. Fortunatly PGI is working hard to get gameplay right

Oh yeah, I'm getting 25-40fps (I've got a core 2 duo) and while that's not Ideal, I frequently get 2 to 4 kills a match with a ppc k'pult as a medium to long range brawler.

Edited by Rorik Jorgensson, 16 October 2012 - 04:41 PM.

#12 Bryan Kerensky

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 246 posts

Posted 16 October 2012 - 10:47 PM

View PostSlaughtererr, on 16 October 2012 - 04:17 PM, said:

Because he wants to play MWO and also he said the truth about games. Not graphics make good games, but gameplay and setting.

I was referring to the thread which was meant to showcase the games graphics as the OP himself stated.

#13 Xelchon

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 118 posts

Posted 17 October 2012 - 12:58 AM

View PostSlaughtererr, on 16 October 2012 - 03:07 PM, said:

I dunno what are your system specs, because I can't obtain such performance without i5 + 8gb ram + GF 660 Ti. Graphics looks nice, I agree, still I think that thousands of possible players (of which many would buy premium and MC's etc) would rather play it on Unreal Engine 3 or smth, because then thousands of them could play it smoothly and also it would be much cheaper for devs. It is too early to make popular online titles on CryEngine 3.0, hence, on any CryEngine.

Nvidia GTX 580 (1.5 GB_"Gigabyte")
i7 3.0 CPU (first generation)
6 GB 1600mhz RAM (Kingston)

That's my system specs.

Edited by Xelchon, 17 October 2012 - 01:21 AM.

#14 SideSt3p

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 484 posts
  • LocationWashington State

Posted 17 October 2012 - 06:33 AM

Thanks man! My current laptop has a hell of a time with the game running at all so it's nice to see what I have to look forward to with my new rig that's in the works ;)

#15 Shai tan

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 466 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 17 October 2012 - 06:48 AM

"Oh yeah, DX11 improves frame rate for the most part (on similar settings)."

Didn`t think DX 11 was implimented yet.

#16 Xelchon

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 118 posts

Posted 17 October 2012 - 06:55 AM

View PostSideSt3p, on 17 October 2012 - 06:33 AM, said:

Thanks man! My current laptop has a hell of a time with the game running at all so it's nice to see what I have to look forward to with my new rig that's in the works :P

Glad if it helped anyone!

View PostShai tan, on 17 October 2012 - 06:48 AM, said:

Also, this is not DX11, although it's the full graphics. DX11 is not implemented as you said.

Edited by Xelchon, 17 October 2012 - 06:57 AM.

#17 Rorik Thrumsalr

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 184 posts
  • LocationUnited States

Posted 18 October 2012 - 06:29 AM

View PostShai tan, on 17 October 2012 - 06:48 AM, said:

Not yet in this game, but other games, some using cryengine3.

For clarification I wasn't talking about dx11 in MWO, but dx11 in general.

Edited by Rorik Jorgensson, 18 October 2012 - 06:30 AM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users