Capellan Confederation Warrior House Ma-Tsu Kai

30 replies to this topic

#1 Propnut

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 278 posts
  • LocationMichigan

Posted 16 October 2012 - 08:37 AM

Welcome Mechwarriors.

Warrior House Ma-Tsu Kai is open to pilots who would like a balance between casual and hardcore play style.

We are looking for mature pilots who consider their time in combat as a serious matter but also realize that we are playing this game with friends. Friendship requires the ability to laugh at yourself as well as laugh along with others.

Ranks are not rigid, anyone who feels that they have the skills or would like to develop the skill to lead may feel free to do so.

Combat skill is also not required. This is after all a game and skill comes with experience. We can help you to hone your skills just as you can help us to hone ours through teamwork.

If this sounds interesting to you please register on the House Liao forums and post a Citizenship Questionnaire.

http://www.houseliao...ecruiters-tent/

The house history:

(Ma Kai) was a minor Capellan nobleman and scholar, the only non-military founder of a Warrior House. He presented his petition directly to Maximilian Liao, while the Chancellor played chess with then-Strategic Director Pavel Ridzik. Ma Kai presented excellent arguments for a scholarly order and finished his petition by offering to give all his lands to House Liao in exchange for an opportunity to prove his worthiness to found one. The Chancellor accepted, challenging Ma Kai to prove himself by besting Director Ridzik in a game of wits. Both men, said Maximilian, must choose from the game table the most potent piece.

Director Ridzik immediately seized his queen and offered it to the Chancellor. "No piece is stronger than the queen. The ultimate weapon, it ranges the board and seizes anything it desires."

After a moment, Ma Kai replied, "By the director's own admission, the queen is only a weapon. A tool in the hands of the king, or Chancellor."

Maximilian Liao did not smile at the flattery. "Then you choose the king?"

"No." Ma Kai picked up his choice. "I choose the pawn. Without the pawn, a king has nothing. And in the end, the lowliest pawn may become anything it wishes. Even the strongest warrior."

The Chancellor smiled. Ma Kai had won the challenge.

House Ma-Tsu Kai's parade dress colors are light green with ivory trim. The official 'Mech color scheme is Liao green with ivory and gold highlights. The House insignia, commerating its founding, is a black pawn on a field of gold flames.

Tactics

Ma Kai, called (Ma-Tsu), the abbreviated form of (Ma Sifu), by his first students, trained beside them to learn how to fight even as he taught them philosophy, political science and history. He proved expert at dissecting an enemy's strategy and using special forces and intelligence-gathering tools to defeat the opposition before even taking the field. Though not a fast-response military unit, House Ma-Tsu Kai rarely fails to take an assigned objective - though the Confederation sometimes fails to hold it.

Ma-Tsu Kai House MechWarriors
2 Battalions/Veteran(Regular)/Reliable

House Ma-Tsu Kai warriors will question orders if an assignment appears unrealistic or if they suspect they are being misused. Once an order is verified, however, they commit themselves completely to carrying it out. The House's Battlemech units rarely take the field without the infantry, relying on their conventional counterparts to establish a winning position. The 1st Battalion relies on a mixture of fast medium-weight 'Mechs and heavies. The 2nd Battalion's ToE is still in a state of formation.
The new 'Mech battalion to be formed is an augmented battalion and is given the leeway to use 'Mechs from every source available, be it Capellan, other Successor States, Periphery, so long as they can be supported and maintained in operation. Likewise the organizational structure does not follow conventional standard organization. Various structures are currently being adapted and tested.

The company commanders of the new battalion have been selected from the companies of the existing 'Mech battalion, but the line MechWarriors come from the incoming crop of House trainees.

#2 Draken X

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • 320 posts
  • LocationGMT+8

Posted 16 October 2012 - 08:40 PM

Any other Warrior Houses than just Ma-Tsu Kai?

Besides, any restrictions in this one?

#3 Ettibber

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • 300 posts

Posted 16 October 2012 - 09:34 PM

View PostDraken X, on 16 October 2012 - 08:40 PM, said:

go to www.houseliao.com warrior house immara is recruiting as well.

#4 Draken X

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • 320 posts
  • LocationGMT+8

Posted 16 October 2012 - 09:41 PM

View PostEttibber, on 16 October 2012 - 09:34 PM, said:

go to www.houseliao.com warrior house immara is recruiting as well.

Any differences between Immara and Ma-Tsu Kai?

By the way, I've registered in houseliao.com but don't where should I join.

#5 Ettibber

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • 300 posts

Posted 17 October 2012 - 01:57 AM

View PostDraken X, on 16 October 2012 - 09:41 PM, said:

http://www.houseliao...-unit-barracks/ here is the units that are currently recruiting, we have i think one or 2 units that are doing selective recruiting where they will ask if you'd like to join if you meet certain criteria(namely how good of a pilot you are, they would be the more competitive guys).

as to the other question...yes and no, each warrior house is slightly different, in the lore the rankings of our military units goes like this

Death Commando's > 8 Warrior houses> Red Lancers and then it gets a bit murkier.

Edit: personally i'm a member of Prestons Lancers.

Edited by Ettibber, 17 October 2012 - 01:58 AM.

#6 Propnut

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 278 posts
  • LocationMichigan

Posted 17 October 2012 - 06:16 AM

View PostDraken X, on 16 October 2012 - 08:40 PM, said:

As Ettibber mentioned, there are several established sub-units within House Liao. They range from personal units of the Chancellor, Death Commandos and Warrior Houses, to Merc units and several in between.

Competition is not the hallmark of Warrior House Ma-Tsu Kai, rather we like to get together as friends and try to become a better unit through unity and friendship. No...that does not mean we spend time in worship together...we spend time stomping the enemies of House Liao ;)

Restrictions: Mature pilots only, and the ability to work together. There is a place in House Liao for lone wolves but not in our house. Age does not equate to maturity, just drop in and check. We do require pilots to be 18+ in age.

View PostDraken X, on 16 October 2012 - 09:41 PM, said:

Many, but you would need to jump into comms and drop with all of us to find out. We are mostly, at this point, dropping together anyway.

Go to the recruit's section of the forums and follow the instructions to introduce yourself. Then browse the forums, you will see various recruiting threads (as Ettibber pointed out).

Recruit's Section:

http://www.houseliao...ecruiters-tent/

#7 metro

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,491 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationSians Celestial City- http://capellanconfederation.com/

Posted 23 October 2012 - 11:49 AM

Welcome to the House WTK !

>salute<

#8 Propnut

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 278 posts
  • LocationMichigan

Posted 28 October 2012 - 07:20 AM

Warrior House Ma-Tsu Kai is growing, we have a great bunch of pilots in our unit and welcome new members.

Please click on the link below my banner and check out both House Liao and Warrior House Ma-Tsu Kai

#9 Draken X

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • 320 posts
  • LocationGMT+8

Posted 28 October 2012 - 07:44 AM

How about Death Commandos? I wanted to join there.

#10 Propnut

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 278 posts
  • LocationMichigan

Posted 28 October 2012 - 07:55 AM

There is a sub-unit for the Death Commandos, you would need to message a member via the House Liao website. Get on the Teamspeak server and talk to anyone with [DCOM] before their name.

#11 Hugh

• PipPip
  • 21 posts

Posted 31 October 2012 - 10:38 AM

Hey propnut. great house you are building here! I'm impressed dude.

So how's things going? Well I hope.

I can not wait until this game is actually complete lol. I hope to see our respective units attain much glory together across the IS.

#12 Propnut

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 278 posts
  • LocationMichigan

Posted 31 October 2012 - 10:41 AM

Thanks Hugh, but I am only a small cog in the mighty machine that is House Liao! ;)

Yes, we too are looking forward to real content for this game. It is this addicting thus far...image what it will be like when it is fully developed.

I have been looking out for you guys :) Good luck with the tourney.

#13 IMTatsu

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 193 posts
  • LocationOhio, USA

Posted 31 October 2012 - 12:26 PM

We are proud of Ma-Tsu Kai, as we are of all units and warriors fighting under the banner of the great Capellan Confederation.

Propnut is doing a fantastic job of raising and running an exceptional group of 'Mechwarriors.

Kudos to you and your team, Prop.

www.houseliao.com
>:{

#14 Propnut

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 278 posts
  • LocationMichigan

Posted 31 October 2012 - 02:07 PM

View PostIMTatsu, on 31 October 2012 - 12:26 PM, said:

Propnut is doing a fantastic job of raising and running an exceptional group of 'Mechwarriors.

Kudos to you and your team, Prop.

Does this mean that I get a raise?!!! ;)

#15 Draken X

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • 320 posts
  • LocationGMT+8

Posted 31 October 2012 - 05:36 PM

How about we suggest to create another Warrior House like Warrior House Hiritsu?

#16 Propnut

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 278 posts
  • LocationMichigan

Posted 31 October 2012 - 05:53 PM

That should be taken up on the House forum: www.Houseliao.com

#17 Kai Lui

• PipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 42 posts
  • LocationChoas March

Posted 01 November 2012 - 03:20 AM

oh good i don't ahve to build my house this time...
bring the burning pawn to you!!!

been running mechs for warrior house ma-tsu kai since '86 on a table top :rolleyes:

oh ******.. i finaly get a pay check and i can't get a founders mech anymore.. so much for finding 4 bugs in beta LOL

#18 Propnut

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 278 posts
  • LocationMichigan

Posted 01 November 2012 - 07:26 AM

Hi Kai Lui, jump into www.houseliao.com, register, fill out a recruitment thread and join us on comms.

I look forward to getting to know you.

#19 Count Fenring

• PipPipPip
  • 95 posts

Posted 01 November 2012 - 12:23 PM

View PostPropnut, on 31 October 2012 - 02:07 PM, said:

Does this mean that I get a raise?!!! :lol:

You should get your raise as soon as someone picks up my bar tab.

House Liao has room for all loyal, with subsections to join or be created. Only need to hop on in and see what you want to do.

#20 Kai Lui

• PipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 42 posts
  • LocationChoas March

Posted 01 November 2012 - 08:12 PM

View PostPropnut, on 01 November 2012 - 07:26 AM, said:

Hi Kai Lui, jump into www.houseliao.com, register, fill out a recruitment thread and join us on comms.

I look forward to getting to know you.

done and done... need a head set and mic for comms though... but soon enuph... it will be fun to destory the enimes of house laio again :(

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users