Skyfall- Winternights OOC-Thread

416 replies to this topic

#341 Oni Storm

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 487 posts

Posted 10 November 2012 - 01:02 AM

Bah like that'll stop me, I'll just have to use the strobing effect then.;)

#342 ChaosGrinder

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 881 posts
  • LocationNew Eden

Posted 10 November 2012 - 06:06 PM

Ugh, this needs to take up speed ;)

And guys, no flares on a stealth mission xD

#343 dal10

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • 4,525 posts
  • Locationsomewhere near a bucket of water and the gates of hell.

Posted 10 November 2012 - 07:48 PM

I have searchlights, do those work?

#344 Oni Storm

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 487 posts

Posted 11 November 2012 - 01:11 AM

hey Boss lady, we can pick up speed for you, but you gotta tell us when we arrive there. I tried to take the lead with the tank but no one listened and well now we have shadows to spook us and shoot at.

#345 ChaosGrinder

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 881 posts
  • LocationNew Eden

Posted 11 November 2012 - 03:37 AM

Dal, if you have them i think they work, as long as you know how to activate them :) And i guess you know, so ... yeah ? Why not ?

I´ll write the arrival post at 4PM Middle European Time, till then you all have the opportunity to post something before we get there :)

#346 phaloxian

• PipPip
  • 24 posts

Posted 11 November 2012 - 02:49 PM

Name:Josiah Ferguson
Call-Sign: Khaoes
Role:Tactical Officer/Logistics Officer

-Appearence-
Height: 6 Feet 5 Inches
Weight 210 Pounds((Trying to make him thin but not too thin LOL!)
Hair:Black with a red stripe down his shy eye style hair cut.
Eye Color: Blue
Skin Color: Light Brown

Background:Josiah, having dreamed of being in the military since a young age and showing signs of High Intelligence, had always wanted to be a Tactical officer and the top of his class at the academy, although he did not know if he would achieve that dream he always strived to. He eventually did achieve his dream and because of his high grade and special circumstances he was shipped off immedatly, to a planet with no Atmosphere, which made him mad and he wondered if they had finished creating the Terraformer, he had also wanted to be assigned to the Research & Development Center, because science was his favorite subject. For the next week he trained his butt off, showing low combat prowess, it wasn't that he did not have it it was he just did not want to show it. Soon they were under a threat and he was tasked with more and more missions very quickly after one another, leaving him with very little rest, but it also made the boy, who was in his late teens, mature a bit more. There had not been many recent events after the threat passed, and because he had not been there very long and he wanted some action so he waited and waited until the day would come, and that time was now and the boy did not know how difficult the journey was in-front of him, he also did not have any friends why, because he refused to make friends in this kind of environment it was a literal death trap and he did not want to miss anyone.

He soon got battle armor, a piece of equipment which he had bought from a salvage shop and soon repaired and tweaked to his needs.to fuel his needs for war. He became a ****** at a young age and was ruthless on the battlefield and in training at the academy he had a love for the neural whip which he had placed into his battle armor...At the age of 17 he had finally finished adding adanced technology to the Battle Armor, he soon succeded in designing a heavier Battle Armor so that it could hold more Technology.

Battle Armor Type: Warg Assault Battle Armor-Custom

Mass:2,615 KG

Weapons:

Neural Whip

Small Pulse Laser X 2
Medium Machine Gun X 2
Auto Pistol X 4
Armor Piercing Rounds
SRM 3 X 2

Technology:
Modular Weapon Mount
Advanced Armor
Search Light
Particle Cannon (Support)(Battle Armor)
Basic Manipulator
Battle Armor C3 System
Extended Life Support
Improved Sensors
Space Operations Adaptation
Detachable Weapon Mount
Battle Armor ECM Suite

Edited by phaloxian, 11 November 2012 - 05:12 PM.

#347 dal10

• Philanthropist
  • 4,525 posts

Posted 11 November 2012 - 04:10 PM

since I have never seen you before, I assume you are new. I don't want to scare you away, but there is some stuff I have to go over, though afterwords a lot of us would be perfectly fine with helping you balance out a character.

not to sound callous, but there are quite a few problems with you character, some because I don't think you read through stuff, others probably you just didn't think through.

first off, the Omega is for the most part non-viable (I could think of ways to legitimately bring it into the story, but chaos would have to approve of it) for 3 reasons. 1: it is an extinct mech, none survived the *****. so the odds of running into a prototype is for all intents and purposes, zero. 2: Battlemechs are extremely rare in the Dark ages, so 3 mechs in a recon company would be beyond unusual, to unrealistic. 3: we are under a tonnage limit of 472 tons, currently we have 465 tons of equipment, so you really could not bring something that massive without us cutting out quite a few vehicles.

the character is workable, but he does seem to be without any flaws, adding a couple would bring him into line with the rest of the group. though he is rather young, but that is not too big of a deal.

after rereading your post, the best way to make your character bio a bit better, would be to add specific events. while you tell a decent story, there really isn't anything tying the name into it. some more detail would be good.

yet again, I am sorry I had to criticize your first attempt (that I know of) at doing a forum RP, but it had to be done. Very few people end up doing these right the first time.

Edited by dal10, 11 November 2012 - 04:13 PM.

#348 phaloxian

• PipPip
  • 24 posts

Posted 11 November 2012 - 04:26 PM

I actually did not know what era we were in LOL...Let me try and find something...Maybe...A heavy vehicle or some Logistic vehicle...Oh hey did you ever think about a Moving base for a battle-field assault weapon?It would basically be massive and hold some troops and stuff like that so it would weigh alot but oh NVM...

#349 dal10

• Philanthropist
  • 4,525 posts

Posted 11 November 2012 - 04:48 PM

View Postphaloxian, on 11 November 2012 - 04:26 PM, said:

I actually did not know what era we were in LOL...Let me try and find something...Maybe...A heavy vehicle or some Logistic vehicle...Oh hey did you ever think about a Moving base for a battle-field assault weapon?It would basically be massive and hold some troops and stuff like that so it would weigh alot but oh NVM...

If you want to try something more mundane, you could take over the SM1 destroyer. it is a 50 ton hovercraft with an AC/20. but yeah, all the info that is needed on this RP can be found in the first page.

#350 phaloxian

• PipPip
  • 24 posts

Posted 11 November 2012 - 05:11 PM

Kay...Well I am using Battle Armor it fits with the era...Is that okay?Or should I go with something heavier?Cus' I am going to add some SRMs to it LOL!
It weight 2,615 KGs so I am not limiting our weight thing lol...

Edited by phaloxian, 11 November 2012 - 05:13 PM.

#351 dal10

• Philanthropist
  • 4,525 posts

Posted 11 November 2012 - 05:25 PM

go for it, BA doesn't count towards weight limit, but yet again, Chaos is the one who decides if people can join, all I can do is offer friendly advice.

#352 phaloxian

• PipPip
  • 24 posts

Posted 11 November 2012 - 05:32 PM

Kay, I actually have more experience with RPs I have played many....I am just kinda rusty on MechWarrior LOL!

#353 ChaosGrinder

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 881 posts
  • LocationNew Eden

Posted 12 November 2012 - 05:19 AM

Well first off sry for not writing a post yesterday, i was a bit distracted by WarZ :)

And @ phal : I´m sorry but for now the RP is kinda closed. You came a week to late, if you want to participate, you´ll have to wait a bit :/ I hope you´re ok with that :ph34r:

#354 dal10

• Philanthropist
  • 4,525 posts

Posted 12 November 2012 - 08:26 AM

chaos, bit of a previous suggestion. couldn't he just take over one of the generic mercs we brought? part of the reason I suggested it in the first place was precisely in case someone saw this later and wanted to join. still your call, but he should be able to be worked into the story fairly easily.

#355 ChaosGrinder

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 881 posts
  • LocationNew Eden

Posted 12 November 2012 - 08:30 AM

Aaaah, yeah , those where around too :)
Yeah, would be possible too, thx for reminding me :ph34r:

#356 phaloxian

• PipPip
  • 24 posts

Posted 12 November 2012 - 10:48 AM

Uhmm.....Soooo.....What does that mean?LOL!

#357 ChaosGrinder

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 881 posts
  • LocationNew Eden

Posted 12 November 2012 - 01:40 PM

you are free to join :) Sry i forgot about the BA´s currently unemployed :(

#358 phaloxian

• PipPip
  • 24 posts

Posted 15 November 2012 - 10:38 AM

View PostChaosGrinder, on 12 November 2012 - 01:40 PM, said:

you are free to join :wacko: Sry i forgot about the BA´s currently unemployed :P

Sooo, no BAs?Aww,,,Dang,LOL!

#359 Janitor101

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Guardian
  • Guardian
  • 307 posts
  • LocationNew Hampshire

Posted 15 November 2012 - 12:25 PM

Sorry for the super long absence, I unfortunately have to drop. I'm going to be away from my computer for a month or two for a job.
My apologies.

#360 dal10

• Philanthropist
  • 4,525 posts

Posted 15 November 2012 - 02:17 PM

pheonix, you could take over Janitor's cougar if chaos lets you. though that might be interesting to see if it would work...

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users