81 replies to this topic

#41 Joe Davion 86

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 269 posts
  • LocationCLT-NC

Posted 23 March 2012 - 10:40 PM

hmmm but from that pic (3rd down on left) seems to be an awful lot like the devastator only mirrored http://www.sarna.net/wiki/Devastator

#42 ScrewCityChris

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 700 posts
  • LocationMadison, WI

Posted 23 March 2012 - 10:59 PM

Mechs go in order in weight from left down to bottom (4) then top right down (4)

1-Commando
2-Jenner
3-Hunchback
4-Centrurion
5-Dragon
6-Catapult
7-Awesome (my best guess based on the straight barrel-ish right arm, and the bent left hand, the hips and shoulders)
8-Atlas

Most exited about the maps and it looks like 3-6? based on name length. Can only make out one name "Secret Mech Base" as prev mentioned.

#43 Joe Davion 86

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 269 posts
  • LocationCLT-NC

Posted 23 March 2012 - 11:15 PM

hrm yeah looking at it a little more makes it easier to pick it out so no devastator.

#44 Adridos

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • 10,635 posts
  • LocationHiding in a cake, left in green city called New A... something.

Posted 23 March 2012 - 11:29 PM

View PostDihm, on 23 March 2012 - 10:14 PM, said:

Third one down on the left sure looks like an Awesome or a Mauler.

If it's one of those, then definitely Awesome.

If you look on the picture further left, you'll notice that that the top of the mech is pretty much on the same level, while with Mauler, you'd have those rocket launchers sticking out. :D

#45 pursang

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,877 posts
  • LocationSurrey BC, Canada

Posted 24 March 2012 - 12:12 AM

Let's be honest now, I don't think anyone here would be surprised if the Awesome was one of the 'Mechs at launch. I mean, outside of clan tech, it has to be one of the most popular InnerSphere assault 'Mechs of its era. It's all in the name - the Awesome is truely awesome. :D

#46 Merrick

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 336 posts
  • Locationcanada

Posted 24 March 2012 - 12:18 AM

View PostSolis Obscuri, on 23 March 2012 - 05:24 PM, said:

"Giant robots beating the crap out of themselves"??? :D

stop lrming yourself, stop lrming yourself...

#47 Merrick

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 336 posts
  • Locationcanada

Posted 24 March 2012 - 12:29 AM

i swear the right side pic, top left silhoette looks like eithe a vulture or a maurader

#48 Dr Killinger

• Big Brother
  • Big Brother
  • 1,236 posts
  • LocationJohannesburg, South Africa

Posted 24 March 2012 - 12:39 AM

View Postpalebear, on 23 March 2012 - 10:10 PM, said:

Posted Image

Screenie to fuel speculation... :D

On the right hand side pic, top middle, there's a mech with it's arms stuck out quite a bit at it's sides and with no real head... what is that? Reminds me of a Sunder, but that is, of course, not possible. It's legs are kind of like a Novacat's... not entirely straight.

Any ideas?

PS I know it's not a Novacat or Sunder, don't kill me -.-

#49 pursang

• 1,877 posts

Posted 24 March 2012 - 01:01 AM

View PostDr.Killinger, on 24 March 2012 - 12:39 AM, said:

On the right hand side pic, top middle, there's a mech with it's arms stuck out quite a bit at it's sides and with no real head... what is that? Reminds me of a Sunder, but that is, of course, not possible. It's legs are kind of like a Novacat's... not entirely straight.

Any ideas?

Hmm, there's not a lot of heavy-ish looking 'Mechs with barrel-like torso, no visible cockpit/head, and large gangly arms. Let me scan the TROs...

Flashman perhaps?

Posted Image

Could be a re-imagined Archer:

Posted Image

Edited by pursang, 24 March 2012 - 01:05 AM.

#50 T0RC4ED

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Liquid Metal
  • Liquid Metal
  • 312 posts

Posted 24 March 2012 - 01:13 AM

Anyone able to find this video on youtube?
My connection sucks so I have to download the videos with saveyoutube and then watch them... 2more months and Im back to the land of high speed internet /cheer

#51 Adridos

• Bridesmaid
  • 10,635 posts

Posted 24 March 2012 - 01:19 AM

View Postpursang, on 24 March 2012 - 01:01 AM, said:

Flashman perhaps?

Could be a re-imagined Archer:

Neither of these. If you look on the silouette from the side (in the middle), you can see that it is pretty slim and i does not have arms sticking out as Flashman has. And Archer has more blocky torso, less humanoid in shape than the mech in picture.

It is simply a commando. The smaller head on the FD remake makes it possible to blend with torso from such a distance in low quality. :D

Edited by Adridos, 24 March 2012 - 01:22 AM.

#52 pursang

• 1,877 posts

Posted 24 March 2012 - 01:24 AM

View PostAdridos, on 24 March 2012 - 01:19 AM, said:

Neither of these. If you look on the silouette from the side (in the middle), you can see that it is pretty slim and i does not have arms sticking out as Flashman has. And Archer has more blocky torso, less humanoid in shape than the mech in picture.

It is simply a commando. The smaller head on the FD remake makes it possible to blend with torso from such a distance in low quality. :D

I don't think so, the Commando's head is quite large and obtrusive for a light- I think it would have been more then visible if it was indeed the Commando.

#53 Joe Davion 86

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 269 posts
  • LocationCLT-NC

Posted 24 March 2012 - 01:31 AM

blurry pictures why you no clear yourself :D yeah i def think thats gonna be an awesome. the middle pics on the right are more sketches of the immediate left. so commando, jenner (i really want a raven and the middles ones looks like one while its all blurry), hunch, centy for the left side pics. midright pic are dragon, cata, unnamed mech probably an Awesome, and an Atlas

Edited by Joe Davion 86, 24 March 2012 - 01:32 AM.

#54 Adridos

• Bridesmaid
  • 10,635 posts

Posted 24 March 2012 - 01:35 AM

View Postpursang, on 24 March 2012 - 01:24 AM, said:

I don't think so, the Commando's head is quite large and obtrusive for a light- I think it would have been more then visible if it was indeed the Commando.

It is definately a Commado. Look at those pictures again. There are side views and always the responding concept art to their right.
The one next to that "non-Commando" mech is the only one facing right from our perspective and quess which repaint is the only one with that "feature"? Exactly! Also, the legs and arms, everything fits nicely. :D

#55 Black Mamba

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 231 posts
  • LocationAustralia

Posted 24 March 2012 - 04:26 AM

On the right picture, the far top left is definitely the commando as you can see its in the same stance as the released concept art. However the one underneath the catapult, i have no idea what it is so it must be the 8th mech and most likely an Assault.

#56 Adridos

• Bridesmaid
  • 10,635 posts

Posted 24 March 2012 - 04:59 AM

View PostBlack Mamba, on 24 March 2012 - 04:26 AM, said:

On the right picture, the far top left is definitely the commando as you can see its in the same stance as the released concept art. However the one underneath the catapult, i have no idea what it is so it must be the 8th mech and most likely an Assault.

We agree on the fact it is Awesome. No other "seen" mech could look like it. :D

#57 Midgie

Swaybacked

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The God
  • The God
  • 192 posts
  • LocationThe unfashionable end of the western spiral arm of the galaxy.

Posted 24 March 2012 - 05:00 AM

View PostDr.Killinger, on 24 March 2012 - 12:39 AM, said:

Any ideas?

Can someone hit the 'CSI' button and make those clear? What, you mean that doesn't work? Damn you TV!
Henry, I think the picture you're talking about is just the Dragon face-on.
But in the left picture, the third one down on the right has a really broad silhouette like an assault (just check out how wide FD's Atlas is), but doesn't have quite the right shape in the shoulders. There appears to be large pieces that come up vertically. from the shoulders. Let's see how many mechs might fit that shape.

Awesome
Devastator
Hatamoto Chi

Did we just get an Awesome easter egg?

Edit: Oops, fixed now.

Edited by Midgie, 24 March 2012 - 12:28 PM.

#58 Matthew Craig

Technical Director

• 867 posts
  • LocationVancouver, BC

Posted 24 March 2012 - 08:11 AM

Yeah where is CSI when you need them, "Zoom in to the right and enhance". "Now zoom in closer on the cockpit go all the way inside, now rotate the camera 180 degrees and zoom and enhance again." "There on the dash I see the mech ID let's roll."

You all do well enough without CSI magic ;-)

#59 Dihm

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,312 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • LocationPlanet Trondheim

Posted 24 March 2012 - 08:22 AM

View PostMatthew Craig, on 24 March 2012 - 08:11 AM, said:

Yeah where is CSI when you need them, "Zoom in to the right and enhance". "Now zoom in closer on the cockpit go all the way inside, now rotate the camera 180 degrees and zoom and enhance again." "There on the dash I see the mech ID let's roll."

#60 Adridos

• Bridesmaid
  • 10,635 posts

Posted 24 March 2012 - 08:37 AM

View PostMatthew Craig, on 24 March 2012 - 08:11 AM, said:

How can you be sure I did not "enhanced" the image and then just found a way to justify my findings to others? B)

Next thing to "enhance", the misterious text next to the login button. ;)

8 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 8 guests, 0 anonymous users