• 72 posts
  • LocationU.S.A.

Posted 18 October 2012 - 12:25 PM

Sweet I really like the Centurion look.

#22 Eyllena

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 153 posts

Posted 18 October 2012 - 12:28 PM

AC/20, 2 MLAS, at the moment, though on Outreach it was fitted with TSM, Gauss Rifle, a 200XL, +3 HS, 2 arm MPLS, and 1 torso MPLS, which would make it a rather nasty proposition.

Edited by Eyllena, 18 October 2012 - 12:43 PM.

#23 PropagandaWar

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 2,495 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 18 October 2012 - 12:28 PM

Being a Cent pilot I'm trying to figure out why I would want this build. My current rig has an ac/10 med las and 3 streaks (Swap out with SRMs from time to time). You cant aim well with the AC/20 model.

#24 Felicitatem Parco

Professor of Memetics

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 13,522 posts
  • LocationIs Being Obscured By ECM

Posted 18 October 2012 - 12:36 PM

View PostPropagandaWar, on 18 October 2012 - 12:28 PM, said:

Being a Cent pilot I'm trying to figure out why I would want this build. My current rig has an ac/10 med las and 3 streaks (Swap out with SRMs from time to time). You cant aim well with the AC/20 model.

I think Yen Lo Wang drops the Missiles and Upgrades the AC/10 to an AC/20, but in MW:O that would mean removing the Lower Arm Actuator... and thus, reducing your firing arc but gaining the power of a 10-slot ballistic weapon.

Edited by Prosperity Park, 18 October 2012 - 12:37 PM.

#25 Lonestar1771

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,991 posts
  • LocationTexas

Posted 18 October 2012 - 12:37 PM

YAY! A MECH NO ONE WANTS!!!

#26 PropagandaWar

• Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 2,495 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 18 October 2012 - 12:41 PM

View PostProsperity Park, on 18 October 2012 - 12:36 PM, said:

I think Yen Lo Wang drops the Missiles and Upgrades the AC/10 to an AC/20, but in MW:O that would mean removing the Lower Arm Actuator... and thus, reducing your firing arc but gaining the power of a 10-slot ballistic weapon.

Yeah there's a ac/20 varient and its not exactly fun to aim with lol. No big I may get it just to get it.

#27 wanderer

• Civil Servant
  • Civil Servant
  • 11,152 posts
  • LocationStomping around in a giant robot, of course.

Posted 18 October 2012 - 12:43 PM

The original (pre-upgrade) Yen-Lo-Wang was basically an -AH that has energy hardpoints instead of missile hardpoints. Not that this would be bad, either- it'd be nice having the heavy ballistic load backed up with a few energy guns.

I still think we're seeing the upgrade with the fancy toys, though. TSM may mean essentially nothing here, but the rest of it would do nicely.

#28 sC4r

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 475 posts
  • LocationSlovakia

Posted 18 October 2012 - 12:45 PM

so where is the hero mech? i dont see it... or is it hiding behind the centurion? :)

#29 DirePhoenix

• 1,565 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationSan Diego

Posted 18 October 2012 - 12:48 PM

If this is the case, then it quite hilariously negates previous statements from the dev team that a mech chassis needs to provide unique hardpoint options and be more than just a cosmetic shell, as it would be identical to the standard Hunchback, minus a small laser in the head.

#30 Ashnod

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,636 posts
  • LocationAustin, TX

Posted 18 October 2012 - 12:56 PM

• Yen-Lo-Wang was a famous ArenaMech in the Solaris Games. Originally a CN9-A that underwent a series of modifications to a variety of customized configurations over time, it was occasionally reported as the "CN9-YLW" but this is explicitly[21] not considered to be a proper variant. The CN9-YLW designation is associated with one particular modification that drops the LRM to upgrade the autocannon to an Autocannon/20 with three tons of ammunition and add a Hatchet to the left arm. BV (2.0) = 957[22][23]

Justin Xiang Allard - Famous Solaris Champion and MIIO agent who established the fame of Yen-Lo-Wang, arguably the single most famous Centurion ever. Justin Allard bequeathed Yen-Lo-Wang to his son Kai Allard-Liao from whom it later passed on to Danai Liao-Centrella. They all became Solaris Champions in their time with the famous 'Mech, which was frequently customized into wildly different configurations.

Problem with it being Yen-Lo-Wang's variant is the hatchet :/ UNLESS WERE ALSO GETTING MELEE COMBAT WITH HIM! MWHAHAHAHA

Also

View PostDirePhoenix, on 18 October 2012 - 12:48 PM, said:

If this is the case, then it quite hilariously negates previous statements from the dev team that a mech chassis needs to provide unique hardpoint options and be more than just a cosmetic shell, as it would be identical to the standard Hunchback, minus a small laser in the head.

A mech has more than just its hard points to make it unique, The modules planned might be unique to that model etc.

Edited by Ashnod, 18 October 2012 - 01:00 PM.

#31 Xeno Phalcon

• Bad Company
  • 2,461 posts
  • LocationEvening Ladies

Posted 18 October 2012 - 12:58 PM

My question is what is going to make YLW stand apart from the CN9-AH model, gameplay wise. AC20 and medium lasers? we needs melee combat!

Edited by Xeno Phalcon, 18 October 2012 - 12:59 PM.

#32 Alex Wolfe

• 2,359 posts

Posted 18 October 2012 - 12:58 PM

I like how even the title acknowledges that Centurions are just too darn big B) .

Also, sup with that left arm? I may be wrong, but it doesn't look like default Cent's fingers... but then again the angle's pretty funky.

Still, considering there's no melee, it had better be able to mount its latter config (4 lasers + big ballistics), or this mech seems pretty useless to me. Even with 4E 2B slots, for example, it'd still be a "slightly worse HBK-4H equivalent", so no P2W here... and at least it'd be somewhat useful.

Edited by Alex Wolfe, 18 October 2012 - 01:02 PM.

#33 PropagandaWar

• Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 2,495 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 18 October 2012 - 01:00 PM

View PostAshnod, on 18 October 2012 - 12:56 PM, said:

• Yen-Lo-Wang was a famous ArenaMech in the Solaris Games. Originally a CN9-A that underwent a series of modifications to a variety of customized configurations over time, it was occasionally reported as the "CN9-YLW" but this is explicitly[21] not considered to be a proper variant. The CN9-YLW designation is associated with one particular modification that drops the LRM to upgrade the autocannon to an Autocannon/20 with three tons of ammunition and add a Hatchet to the left arm. BV (2.0) = 957[22][23]

Justin Xiang Allard - Famous Solaris Champion and MIIO agent who established the fame of Yen-Lo-Wang, arguably the single most famous Centurion ever. Justin Allard bequeathed Yen-Lo-Wang to his son Kai Allard-Liao from whom it later passed on to Danai Liao-Centrella. They all became Solaris Champions in their time with the famous 'Mech, which was frequently customized into wildly different configurations.

Problem with it being Yen-Lo-Wang's variant is the hatchet :/ UNLESS WERE ALSO GETTING MELEE COMBAT WITH HIM! MWHAHAHAHA

Agreed. So we get a melee mech with no melee

#34 Ashnod

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,636 posts
  • LocationAustin, TX

Posted 18 October 2012 - 01:02 PM

Anyone else noticed that the film grain is indeed in this screenshot, you know - to help us make out the mech

#35 Dymlos2003

• Moderate Giver
  • Moderate Giver
  • 1,473 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 18 October 2012 - 01:04 PM

View PostPropagandaWar, on 18 October 2012 - 01:00 PM, said:

Agreed. So we get a melee mech with no melee

Hero mechs are no more than Legendary Skins

#36 Solis Obscuri

Don't Care How I Want It Now!

• The DeathRain
  • The DeathRain
  • 4,751 posts
  • LocationPomme de Terre

Posted 18 October 2012 - 01:08 PM

View PostAlex Wolfe, on 18 October 2012 - 12:58 PM, said:

Still, considering there's no melee, it had better be able to mount its latter config (4 lasers + big ballistics), or this mech seems pretty useless to me. Even with 4E 2B slots, for example, it'd still be a "slightly worse HBK-4H equivalent", so no P2W here... and at least it'd be somewhat useful.

Please explain to me how a 'mech that does not lose 2/3rds of its weapon hardpoints with a single side torso destruction is "slightly worse" than a HBK-4H.

View PostAshnod, on 18 October 2012 - 01:02 PM, said:

Anyone else noticed that the film grain is indeed in this screenshot, you know - to help us make out the mech

Yes, otherwise we might have become confused about what we were looking at... B)

#37 wanderer

• Civil Servant
  • Civil Servant
  • 11,152 posts
  • LocationStomping around in a giant robot, of course.

Posted 18 October 2012 - 01:09 PM

View PostAshnod, on 18 October 2012 - 12:56 PM, said:

The hatchet rebuild of the Allard-Liao 'Mech isn't around for another century or so in game-time- and the original YLW's "claw" was cosmetic, rather than actually being a combat-lethal addition. The only two possible versions are the AC/20/ML one (original YLW-unique, NOT the variant named after it) or the Gauss + 4 MPL version (3050 upgrade). There IS a Centurion variant named after the unique design that does pack the hatchet in question, though. Trust me, I was around for when the 'Mech debuted in the books- Justin's 'Mech never packed a hatchet, only a set of cosmetic "nails" on the left hand to mimic the then-popular trend for Capellan nobility of extra-long (and sharp) artificial (or merely reinforced) nails.

Edited by wanderer, 18 October 2012 - 01:15 PM.

#38 Watchit

• Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 2,235 posts
  • LocationOrlando

Posted 18 October 2012 - 01:09 PM

View PostLonestar1771, on 18 October 2012 - 12:37 PM, said:

Well, I want it...

#39 Bryan Kerensky

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 246 posts

Posted 18 October 2012 - 01:26 PM

View PostAlex Wolfe, on 18 October 2012 - 12:58 PM, said:

I like how even the title acknowledges that Centurions are just too darn big B) .

Also, sup with that left arm? I may be wrong, but it doesn't look like default Cent's fingers... but then again the angle's pretty funky.

Probably the shield covering the fingers. Then again the YLW is supposed to have claws. I hope they have something close to that.

View PostLonestar1771, on 18 October 2012 - 12:37 PM, said:

Posted Image

Edited by Bryan Kerensky, 18 October 2012 - 01:39 PM.

#40 pursang

• 1,877 posts
  • LocationSurrey BC, Canada

Posted 18 October 2012 - 01:29 PM

A little odd to introduce a 'Mech that was defined by its use of a functional melee weapon without said functional melee weapon. I hope PGI isn't planning to introduce 'Mechs like the Hatchetman without their iconic hatchet.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users