OOps Is there anyone not a friend of Nubnub?

167 replies to this topic

#41 HepatitisTK

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 173 posts
  • LocationSpace-Jello!

Posted 02 April 2012 - 08:08 AM

I have no friends... I am sad. :(

#42 Trogusaur

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 314 posts
  • LocationKrogan homeworld of Tuchanka. Wait, different universe.

Posted 02 April 2012 - 08:20 AM

I say we all settle this dilemma like gentlemen and fight to the death over him.

#43 Felicitatem Parco

Professor of Memetics

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 13,522 posts
  • LocationIs Being Obscured By ECM

Posted 02 April 2012 - 08:29 AM

Well, I'm certainly not going to fight nubnub; he has too many friends.

Seriously, can anyone else view his Friedns page from the linbks on the left side of his/her profile overview? When I click on it, my browser just refreshed his general profile overview and won't go to his friends list.

#44 CCC Dober

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,881 posts

Posted 02 April 2012 - 08:34 AM

I'm not sure if it's Nublex in disguise over from the the US Wot forums, but it doesn't really matter to me. NN seems to care for the game population from what I've seen and that's good enough in my book.

Can I get a beta key too? ^^

#45 plodder

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 996 posts
  • Locationbetwixt the seen and heard, underneath the upperhanded, above the underhanded. Sunlit with a cloudy background.

Posted 02 April 2012 - 03:41 PM

View PostHepatitisTK, on 02 April 2012 - 08:08 AM, said:

I have no friends... I am sad. :(

Well you would have if you allowed anyone that wanted to, to be a friend to you too x2...c?

#46 plodder

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 996 posts
  • Locationbetwixt the seen and heard, underneath the upperhanded, above the underhanded. Sunlit with a cloudy background.

Posted 02 April 2012 - 04:01 PM

View PostProsperity Park, on 02 April 2012 - 08:29 AM, said:

Well, I'm certainly not going to fight nubnub; he has too many friends.

Seriously, can anyone else view his Friedns page from the linbks on the left side of his/her profile overview? When I click on it, my browser just refreshed his general profile overview and won't go to his friends list.

What? I anyone can have as many friends as allowed, right? If you like a post or topic you can relate to someone, you go to their profile, click on friend, boom, you are a friend. Unless you have put into effect to the grant friend option. I saw some of nubnub's posts and thought he was clever fella. I don't care if he is or is not a plant or a sofa, untill otherwise proven, nubnub is ok in my book. Thanks uncle danno

#47 Felicitatem Parco

Professor of Memetics

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 13,522 posts

Posted 02 April 2012 - 04:18 PM

View Postplodder, on 02 April 2012 - 04:01 PM, said:

What? I anyone can have as many friends as allowed, right? If you like a post or topic you can relate to someone, you go to their profile, click on friend, boom, you are a friend. Unless you have put into effect to the grant friend option. I saw some of nubnub's posts and thought he was clever fella. I don't care if he is or is not a plant or a sofa, untill otherwise proven, nubnub is ok in my book. Thanks uncle danno

Then why are large numbers of profiles logging in for the first time since the forums were created, then friending nubnub and loging out? Seriously, recently there have been many, many profiles [that have not been used since the MWOforums went online] logging in in the last week or so and friending nubnub. I don't mean "nubnub is friending them," I mean: "they are friending nubnub!" Why do they know to log in, go to nubnub's profile, and friend him?

#48 plodder

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 996 posts

Posted 02 April 2012 - 04:47 PM

Maybe he is a demigod in a india, and he tells his followers what to think and say, it happens all the time. Really, why do you think I have so many friends? I am more like a dogimed though. I am caffine weak right now, so my comprehension abilities are dulled to the....;o)

#49 Striker1980

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • 539 posts
  • LocationEverywhere, no where, somewhere, generally the utility room in my house in the UK.

Posted 02 April 2012 - 04:52 PM

I find whole thread is both disturbing and confusing.

I rather like it :(

#50 plodder

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 996 posts

Posted 02 April 2012 - 05:00 PM

That is how newly married men feel too. No connection, just random wisdom given in a driveby fashion.

#51 HepatitisTK

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 173 posts
  • LocationSpace-Jello!

Posted 03 April 2012 - 05:54 AM

View Postplodder, on 02 April 2012 - 03:41 PM, said:

Well you would have if you allowed anyone that wanted to, to be a friend to you too x2...c?

it's set so anyone can add me freely. Nubnub has :D

#52 Kaemon

• 1,924 posts
  • LocationMN

Posted 03 April 2012 - 06:18 AM

I find my willingness to participate in BETA vs. my distaste at being friended by someone named NubNub on nearly equal footing.

I say we put a contract out on him, then if BETA keys spill out of him once he's dead, we'll know we were wrong and we can all feel badly about it, while we playtest.

/Merc corp reasoning.

Edited by Kaemon, 03 April 2012 - 06:19 AM.

#53 SleepySnek

• PipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 30 posts

Posted 03 April 2012 - 06:26 AM

Nubnub may have added me, but I don't think I added him back.

#54 lalorobot

Rookie

• 1 posts

Posted 03 April 2012 - 06:45 AM

I am not

#55 Skates

• PipPip
  • 45 posts
  • LocationMinnesota, USA

Posted 03 April 2012 - 06:47 AM

I was going to say that I was no friend of nubnub's... but then I looked...

#56 Felicitatem Parco

Professor of Memetics

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 13,522 posts

Posted 03 April 2012 - 07:58 AM

Profiles are now logging into MWO for the first time since it's inception, going to nubnub's profile, and liking him. These are zero-activity profiles logging in for the first time in 6+ months, no allegiance icons, no posts, they just friend nubnub and log out.

How do I know this?

I have been tracking them... I frequently visit nubnub's profile and then visit all of his most recent friends - The majority of the time these profiles have between 2->20 profile views and between 0->3 forums posts... but occassionally I find a profile with ZERO profile views! You have to view someone's profile in order to add them as a friend! Keep in mind that the 'profile views" counter does not count your current viewing session as a view, so when I visit these profiles with zero profile views that means I am the first person to view this profile. Period. That also means nubnub DID NOT go to them to add them as a friend or else nubnub's act of viewing their profile would have been logged in the system; they had to seek-out and visit nubnub's profile, and then add him!

Edited by Prosperity Park, 03 April 2012 - 08:01 AM.

#57 Requital

• PipPipPip
  • 95 posts

Posted 03 April 2012 - 08:43 AM

View PostProsperity Park, on 03 April 2012 - 07:58 AM, said:

Profiles are now logging into MWO for the first time since it's inception, going to nubnub's profile, and liking him. These are zero-activity profiles logging in for the first time in 6+ months, no allegiance icons, no posts, they just friend nubnub and log out.

How do I know this?

I have been tracking them... I frequently visit nubnub's profile and then visit all of his most recent friends - The majority of the time these profiles have between 2->20 profile views and between 0->3 forums posts... but occassionally I find a profile with ZERO profile views! You have to view someone's profile in order to add them as a friend! Keep in mind that the 'profile views" counter does not count your current viewing session as a view, so when I visit these profiles with zero profile views that means I am the first person to view this profile. Period. That also means nubnub DID NOT go to them to add them as a friend or else nubnub's act of viewing their profile would have been logged in the system; they had to seek-out and visit nubnub's profile, and then add him!

I think it is a conspiracy...grab your tinfoil hats!

nuR! ehT snekcich era gnimoc...dna ytirepsorP kraP si rieth redael!

#58 guardian wolf

• The Merciless
  • The Merciless
  • 1,965 posts
  • LocationOn Barcelona where the crap is about to hit the fan.

Posted 03 April 2012 - 08:50 AM

Stand down, STAND DOWN, we have to hold here for a while, establish defensive positions.

#59 Hawkeye 72

• 1,890 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationArcadia

Posted 03 April 2012 - 08:58 AM

View PostHepatitisTK, on 03 April 2012 - 05:54 AM, said:

it's set so anyone can add me freely. Nubnub has :D

For better or worse...keep one eye over your shoulder now.

#60 Requital

• PipPipPip
  • 95 posts

Posted 03 April 2012 - 09:42 AM

I kind of don't feel safe anymore since Nubnub friended me. No matter how many times I check the locks, I just don't feel safe...the friend system makes me think at any time, another Nubnub could sneak up and friend me...and the worst part is, I think Prosperity Park is helping Nubnub...we don't know what they are capable of!

3 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 3 guests, 0 anonymous users