OOps Is there anyone not a friend of Nubnub?

167 replies to this topic

#61 SleepySnek

• PipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 30 posts

Posted 03 April 2012 - 09:45 AM

View PostRequital, on 03 April 2012 - 09:42 AM, said:

I kind of don't feel safe anymore since Nubnub friended me. No matter how many times I check the locks, I just don't feel safe...the friend system makes me think at any time, another Nubnub could sneak up and friend me...and the worst part is, I think Prosperity Park is helping Nubnub...we don't know what they are capable of!

The truth is, Nubnub is a Lovecraftian-esque Eldrich Abomination, spawned from the minds of men and too evil to truely fathom. When Nubnub awakens, it will be Ragnarok for MWO.

...In short, he's Cthulu. Happy dreams now!

#62 Requital

• PipPipPip
  • 95 posts

Posted 03 April 2012 - 09:56 AM

View PostSir Shockwave, on 03 April 2012 - 09:45 AM, said:

The truth is, Nubnub is a Lovecraftian-esque Eldrich Abomination, spawned from the minds of men and too evil to truely fathom. When Nubnub awakens, it will be Ragnarok for MWO.

...In short, he's Cthulu. Happy dreams now!

:D

:rolleyes:

:lol:

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!

#63 AdamBaines

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 1,384 posts

Posted 03 April 2012 - 09:58 AM

NubNub is a WOB plant.......and he is infecting us all......

#64 guardian wolf

• The Merciless
  • The Merciless
  • 1,965 posts
  • LocationOn Barcelona where the crap is about to hit the fan.

Posted 03 April 2012 - 11:20 AM

Nubnub a WOB plant, that, makes sense. Wait a sec, someone's at the camp gates. It, what the hell? Sir, we've got... OH ****, INCOMING HEAVY LANCE ALL MEN TO YOUR STATIONS. OVERLORD INCOMING!!!
**** **** RUN AWAY!!! FALL BA--*static*

#65 Felicitatem Parco

Professor of Memetics

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 13,522 posts
  • LocationIs Being Obscured By ECM

Posted 03 April 2012 - 01:35 PM

Posted Image

These two profiles have zero visits by logged-in profiles, look at the visitors section. They have some visits from guests becuase their profile view count is positive, but they have no views by anyone logged in. Nubnub is not listed as having viewed their profiles, yet, they are friends with nubnub. They sought-out and friended him.

Edited by Prosperity Park, 03 April 2012 - 01:53 PM.

#66 plodder

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 996 posts
  • Locationbetwixt the seen and heard, underneath the upperhanded, above the underhanded. Sunlit with a cloudy background.

Posted 03 April 2012 - 06:54 PM

View PostProsperity Park, on 03 April 2012 - 07:58 AM, said:

Profiles are now logging into MWO for the first time since it's inception, going to nubnub's profile, and liking him. These are zero-activity profiles logging in for the first time in 6+ months, no allegiance icons, no posts, they just friend nubnub and log out.

How do I know this?

I have been tracking them... I frequently visit nubnub's profile and then visit all of his most recent friends - The majority of the time these profiles have between 2->20 profile views and between 0->3 forums posts... but occassionally I find a profile with ZERO profile views! You have to view someone's profile in order to add them as a friend! Keep in mind that the 'profile views" counter does not count your current viewing session as a view, so when I visit these profiles with zero profile views that means I am the first person to view this profile. Period. That also means nubnub DID NOT go to them to add them as a friend or else nubnub's act of viewing their profile would have been logged in the system; they had to seek-out and visit nubnub's profile, and then add him!

ANd do you think you are having anything to do with his hit rate? your making him famous, many cling to others, simply because others do.LOL, Seriously, this is no joke, What is a beta key? Thanks uncle danno

#67 BFett

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 751 posts
  • LocationA galaxy far far away...

Posted 03 April 2012 - 07:29 PM

I know that the devs also have gamer nicknames here on the forum.  From what I have gathered Nubnub may be someone like Bryan Ekman.  With the possibility of friends and family beta just beginning the fact that these "friends" are befriending Nubnub may mean that Nubnub does hold the beta keys.
Example:  Paul's friend Mike gets invited by Paul to join in the beta.  Mike has never played a Mech Warrior game so he gladly accepts.  Mikes is also told to go to Nubnub's page and friend him (because he is one of the developers).  Nubnub finds that he has a new friend and (possibly a secret message) sends out the beta key to the new member.
This explains the people deciding to friend Nubnub, that wouldn't have heard about him other wise.  Let's hear a better theory if you have one.

#68 Tuborn

• Pip
  • 19 posts
  • LocationCalif.

Posted 03 April 2012 - 07:43 PM

I am too, is he up too something????

#69 HeIIequin

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 102 posts
  • LocationOntario, Canada

Posted 03 April 2012 - 08:01 PM

Nubnub became my first friend on one of the first days I made my account. I originally just figured that Nubnub was a joke by an admin about me not having any friends, so they gave me a 'free' friend to both make me feel welcomed, and belittled at the same time.

It wasn't until seeing Nubnub actually post that I knew he was at least a real account.

#70 HepatitisTK

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 173 posts
  • LocationSpace-Jello!

Posted 03 April 2012 - 08:38 PM

View PostHawkeye 72, on 03 April 2012 - 08:58 AM, said:

For better or worse...keep one eye over your shoulder now.

If I have to keep an eye over my shoulder... that means he/she's behind me. If thats the case then nubnub has all of my pity... mexican food instantly gets converted into gas form with me. :)

View PostHeIIequin, on 03 April 2012 - 08:01 PM, said:

Nubnub became my first friend on one of the first days I made my account. I originally just figured that Nubnub was a joke by an admin about me not having any friends, so they gave me a 'free' friend to both make me feel welcomed, and belittled at the same time.

It wasn't until seeing Nubnub actually post that I knew he was at least a real account.

So he's the Myspace Tom of the mechwarrior forums? By that logic... then he's Tom from Myspace! Hi Tom from Myspace! :)

Edited by HepatitisTK, 03 April 2012 - 08:38 PM.

#71 Felicitatem Parco

Professor of Memetics

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 13,522 posts

Posted 04 April 2012 - 09:41 AM

He's a member of TempWatch, the secret tracking society of ComStar... look at the images he posted from the I'm worried about Comstar thread under http://mwomercs.com/...post__p__189506 Thread deleted by ComStar.

Here's nubnub's thread. His images are not formatted for the forums, you have to right-click them and open them in a new window or new tab:
http://mwomercs.com/...ogress-is-slow/

See the term TempWatch in the top-leftish area in a little tag icon?
That's part of a secret code sent from Paul in the defunct ComStar thread.

Edited by Prosperity Park, 04 April 2012 - 09:49 PM.

#72 Felicitatem Parco

Professor of Memetics

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 13,522 posts

Posted 04 April 2012 - 10:36 AM

New theory:

Nubnub is Frederick Steiner

#73 Alan Grant

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 368 posts
  • LocationLooking for hidden caches, within the BT Novels™

Posted 04 April 2012 - 10:53 AM

I remember when nubnub added me as a friend. The first thing that came to mind was, "WTH? why's there a steiner adding me as ITs friend." Never got round to removing it.

Also I noticed I'm his top friend. Or is that because my name begins with A, or you appear the first on everyone elses friend list when you look at it. Although I know this isn't myspace and top five friends don't mean anthing.

Edited by Alan Grant, 04 April 2012 - 10:56 AM.

#74 Hanyit Greyhame

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 205 posts

Posted 04 April 2012 - 05:35 PM

I happen to be a proud non-friend of nubnub. Ever think that this might be an experiment in conformity, and those that can think for themselves will be getting beta keys? :)

#75 Alan Grant

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 368 posts
  • LocationLooking for hidden caches, within the BT Novels™

Posted 04 April 2012 - 05:53 PM

View PostHanyit Greyhame, on 04 April 2012 - 05:35 PM, said:

I happen to be a proud non-friend of nubnub. Ever think that this might be an experiment in conformity, and those that can think for themselves will be getting beta keys? :)

Good job, now that you've exposed yourself, he'll be along to press that [friend] button soon enough. Stay vigilant!

#76 Hawkeye 72

• 1,890 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationArcadia

Posted 04 April 2012 - 05:58 PM

So I have started investigating some of these random profiles that nubnub has friended, and its coming up with some wierd connections...

First of all...these are probably real people...or at least the connections online hint at them being so...

Second, some of these profiles have connections through connections that hint that nubnub may be more than a simple forum user...

Let's begin

I started off going to nubnub's profile. Note his last status update was about what faction had the most user loyalty to this point. Not sure why this is important, but its worth noting given his mystery. He also mentions Callison LZ in an update...my guess is he is based in Callison LA.

Moving on, I clicked on the first profile of an unknown person on his friends list. They had only one visitor, nubnub, and one friend...nubnub. The profile was pokiehl clemens and a google search turned up they are active in the steam community, team fortress 2, and a member of hells gamers...so probably just an actual person who reserved a pilot name. However they curiously gained a friend on November 1st last year...

I went further.

Found a profile that had 1 friend (nubnub) yet 0 member visitors.

Let me present exhibit A: Vicarus
Proof:

Posted Image

Now what is interesting about Vicarus (besides the fact he actively sought out nubnub) is that a person who goes by the same alias has a profile over at deviantart.com (http://vicarus.deviantart.com/), where our current friend Alex Iglesias, or 'flyingdebris' is also a member and hosts a lot of mechwarrior artwork. Whether there is a connection or not I am unsure, but any evidence is evidence.

FURTHER down the rabbit hole

Exhibit B: Exteel

Posted Image

Exhibit B also has no profile views by members yet is a friend of nubnub. Interesting because Exteel was the name of a 3rd person shooter developed by Korean game company NCsoft, where players controlled GIANT VEHICLES CALLED MECHANAUGHTS (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Exteel). Strange...

EXHIBIT C Profile: LoKei13
LoKei13 also has zero profile views yet nubnub is a friend (common theme here)

His connection? Mind you I am simply googling user profiles, however he is apparently an active member over on MLG forums and started the clan RPG on Mechassault 2...

It is also worth mentioning at this point that there are people whose profiles nubnub has visited, but he is not friends with...
For instance Mighty Shi**y, a user who joined on November 1st, and only's visitors are Kyle Polulak and nubnub

Some of these users have odd and unlikely connections...very possible its a coincidence...but it just seems too good to be true.

EDIT: Did the Comstar thread disappear?? I can't find it at the moment. Very suspicious!!!

Edited by Hawkeye 72, 04 April 2012 - 06:11 PM.

#77 Felicitatem Parco

Professor of Memetics

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 13,522 posts

Posted 04 April 2012 - 06:19 PM

Be careful...

They Listen

Most threds have been destroyed.

Edited by Prosperity Park, 04 April 2012 - 09:44 PM.

#78 plodder

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 996 posts
  • Locationbetwixt the seen and heard, underneath the upperhanded, above the underhanded. Sunlit with a cloudy background.

Posted 04 April 2012 - 06:25 PM

What is a beta key?

#79 Felicitatem Parco

Professor of Memetics

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 13,522 posts

Posted 04 April 2012 - 06:28 PM

View Postplodder, on 04 April 2012 - 06:25 PM, said:

What is a beta key?

A password that would allow you access the beta-test-build of a video game, like an activation code. It's often represented by a serial number or a secret code. But, you also need a place to use that Key. You can't just get a Beta Key and magically find yourself playing the game... you need access to the game, itself, as well as having the Beta key.

So they can hand out all the beta keys they want, but they'd be useless until they tell us where to download a playable version of the game.

Edited by Prosperity Park, 04 April 2012 - 06:30 PM.

#80 FinnMcKool

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,600 posts
  • Locationunknown

Posted 04 April 2012 - 06:29 PM

View PostHanyit Greyhame, on 04 April 2012 - 05:35 PM, said:

But Paul is your friend ... mmmm????

could Paul and nubnub be Siamese Twins joined at the Brain case?

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users