Sneak Preview! Turbo Corvair v2.0 SimPit (AS-7 SimPit)

61 replies to this topic

#41 Oderint dum Metuant

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 4,758 posts
  • LocationUnited Kingdom

Posted 24 October 2012 - 04:26 AM

Out of personal upgrade interest, what computer setup are you using to push those 3 monitors?
And what are the actual frame rates in game.

#42 Turbo Corvair

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 211 posts
  • LocationLake Ariel, PA

Posted 24 October 2012 - 06:59 PM

View PostDethPig, on 23 October 2012 - 06:36 PM, said:

Awsome job on this. Im curious how the 3 monitor setup looks in game? I didnt think they had any multi monitor support working.

Multi monitor support for Nvidia Surround or AMD Eyefinity is ok. For a long time the HUD was bugged but it is fixed.

#43 Turbo Corvair

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 211 posts
  • LocationLake Ariel, PA

Posted 24 October 2012 - 07:05 PM

View PostDV McKenna, on 24 October 2012 - 04:26 AM, said:

Out of personal upgrade interest, what computer setup are you using to push those 3 monitors?
And what are the actual frame rates in game.

Last I checked SLI/Crossfire support was not in. Currently I have to run at the minimum settings to pull off the triple screen resolution which is 6122x1200 bezel corrected. I get good playable frames but in heavy close combat my frame rate does drop below 35 which starts to become noticeable.

All that said, I'm running a Nvidia 670.

#44 Mycrus

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 5,160 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationFilipino @ Singapore

Posted 27 October 2012 - 06:55 AM

for the 5760x1080 that i'm running - full settings i get only 24-30FPS on a heavily oc'd 580 SLI
tweaked settings (effects / detail on very high, textures on high) everything else off/low - about 40+FPS

i don't know if ping comes into play, but i'm in Asia so my pings are a bad 260+fps... i can still alpha strike a jenner though (using a mouse)... still learning to become a stick jock...

btw, OP has been helping me a lot via PMs... apart from having a kickass mechpit, he has time to help others = pretty cool in my book!

#45 ZROwolf

Rookie

• 3 posts
  • LocationIllinois, USA

Posted 29 October 2012 - 04:36 AM

View PostTurbo Corvair, on 24 October 2012 - 06:59 PM, said:

Multi monitor support for Nvidia Surround or AMD Eyefinity is ok. For a long time the HUD was bugged but it is fixed.

How did you get the Radar on the lower monitor like that? Or is that just a illuminated printout for now?

#46 XTRMNTR2K

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 177 posts
  • LocationTerra

Posted 29 October 2012 - 05:09 AM

View PostZROwolf, on 29 October 2012 - 04:36 AM, said:

How did you get the Radar on the lower monitor like that? Or is that just a illuminated printout for now?

I think he mentioned using a magnifier earlier in this thread. Definitely looks like it when viewed from the side.

#47 repete

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 522 posts
  • LocationNew Zealand

Posted 29 October 2012 - 05:21 PM

Sweet Jebus TC. Now you're just showing off... :)

Edit: Ah. I see the question around the tactical map has already been addressed.

Edited by repete, 29 October 2012 - 07:38 PM.

#48 Norris J Packard

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,972 posts

Posted 29 October 2012 - 06:21 PM

View PostMycrus, on 27 October 2012 - 06:55 AM, said:

for the 5760x1080 that i'm running - full settings i get only 24-30FPS on a heavily oc'd 580 SLI
tweaked settings (effects / detail on very high, textures on high) everything else off/low - about 40+FPS

i don't know if ping comes into play, but i'm in Asia so my pings are a bad 260+fps... i can still alpha strike a jenner though (using a mouse)... still learning to become a stick jock...

btw, OP has been helping me a lot via PMs... apart from having a kickass mechpit, he has time to help others = pretty cool in my book!

There is no SLI support right now.

#49 Swiss Beats

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 738 posts
  • Locationbehind you

Posted 30 October 2012 - 05:36 AM

View PostDethPig, on 23 October 2012 - 06:36 PM, said:

Awsome job on this. Im curious how the 3 monitor setup looks in game? I didnt think they had any multi monitor support working.

I have triple 24's and it runs fine even on a dual core AMD which is pretty much a death sentence as far as this game goes. Visually though it looks really good, you have to be in a mech that takes advantage of the larger cockpit though so a Jenner or Raven will be limited.

I am also running 5760 x 1080, fullscreen with options set to high. I am running a single 660 Ti so even with the bottleneck that is my CPU I can enjoy 30-45 FPS with a single card.

Edited by demonr6, 30 October 2012 - 05:39 AM.

#50 Tempered

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 730 posts

Posted 20 November 2012 - 09:22 PM

That is the finest simpit I've seen in a long time. Your craftsmanship is an inspiration. What are you using on the electronics side of things?

#51 repete

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 522 posts
  • LocationNew Zealand

Posted 28 November 2012 - 06:14 PM

Need a progress update. :-(

#52 ORIGINAL SteelWolf

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 460 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • Twitter: Link
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationThe land of ID.

Posted 12 December 2012 - 09:13 AM

View PostNacon, on 20 October 2012 - 02:38 PM, said:

Nice work!

....but too bad you can't disable the cockpit in-game. So you're going to be seeing doubles of your cockpit. lol

nice work

Actually you can

Just a little thread i started to help out simpit builders.
http://mwomercs.com/...ost__p__1304409

Left Shift+F11 to toggle it on/off. = Removes/shows Hud display

Edited by ORIGINAL SteelWolf, 12 December 2012 - 09:14 AM.

#53 Loc Nar

• 1,132 posts

Posted 12 December 2012 - 10:26 AM

You can toggle the cockpit on/off ...or just the HUD? With HUD off but the cockpit still there, you would have the *worst of both worlds -still have an onscreen cockpit in your face (still looking at your cockpit from your cockpit), but now have no HUD information, which is the most useful part of it.

Ideally for fully enclosed pits, the screenpit can be turned off but the HUD rerouted to separate display(s). Without being able to reroute HUD info, turning it off would be a huge disadvantage in game and so long as the screenpit is still there, it takes a lot away from the immersion potential of a fully enclosed pit.

#54 NightlyReaper

• PipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • 39 posts
  • LocationSoutheastern US

Posted 17 December 2012 - 12:53 PM

D@mmit, Turbo! I gave you props on the original post for my MechPit (http://mwomercs.com/...mech-simulator/) because I was so inspired by your original simpit. Now, you have upped the ante, and all I can do is stare, agog at the scale of it. It does to my puny Panther what an Atlas would really do to a Panther. Crushes it. I'm gonna friend request you, just so I can keep track of the zany sh|t you get up to!

BTW, I mean all that in the nicest way, and think it's awesome. DETAILED BUILD LOG! We demand it!

NightlyReaper, Out.

#55 repete

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 522 posts
  • LocationNew Zealand

Posted 17 December 2012 - 06:40 PM

View PostNightlyReaper, on 17 December 2012 - 12:53 PM, said:

BTW, I mean all that in the nicest way, and think it's awesome. DETAILED BUILD LOG! We demand it!

Indeed. Distinct lack of updates. :-(

#56 linuxtux

Rookie

• 1 posts

Posted 01 January 2013 - 02:57 PM

i love this setup i currently run 3 monitors but how did you get the other instrument panels to work ie the radar etc

#57 Werewolf486 ScorpS

• Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 1,271 posts
  • LocationSinsinnati Ohio

Posted 07 January 2013 - 02:42 PM

I will remember your name and hunt you down every chance I get Turbo.......and yes, jealous.

#58 Odins Fist

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 3,111 posts
  • LocationThe North

Posted 08 January 2013 - 02:53 PM

Really "FANTASTIC" looking job you've done there..!! I will say i'm jealous..
You will need a decent gaming mouse though, the precision, and speed with which that precision is reached cannot be obtained with a filght stick, there is simply too much travel time, and drift involved with the flight stick for "AIMING", but for driving it is an absolute blast.
The drift demonstrated with a flight stick means glancing blows with energy weapons over multiple areas of Mechs, and aiming with a flight stick at a fast moving light Mech is a feat in and of itself.. I know MWO is 'NOT" a console game, but years ago before the "SPLIT FISH" was developed for consoles, I combined a (PC gamepad in PC games) programmed it for movement and control, along with a mouse for aiming, (gamepad thumbwheel for WASD, buttons for keyboard commands, mouse for aiming), the gamepad sits in front of me (keyboard tray), and the mouse is in it's usual place.. Results were immediate, and overwhelming.. I used a Flight stick for MWO for a time to test it against the mouse for aiming ( I have 3 flight sticks), and it was obvious that for engaging Mechs that don't sit still that the flight stick was not the best choice. Long range (easy mode) LRM boats do not suffer as much, but still the pinpoint accuracy, and the ability to stay on target against a moving enemy Mech with a mouse is unmatched.. This is not a crtique of your setup, and I applaud you for using the harder method.. Good job on your Mech-Pit..

#59 Eyecon69

• PipPip
  • 39 posts
  • LocationThe *** in Saskawat

Posted 07 February 2013 - 01:43 PM

I am also interested in knowing how the mini map is brought up. I know it uses the magnifier program and such but I was under the impression that with surround sound video you couldn't have another external display.

I was thinking running UltraVNC or some similar program to run a mirrored display with a sort of magnify program to bring up the mini map. But it would be nice to see what some one else has already done :mellow:

#60 Neander

Rookie

• 4 posts
  • LocationMilwaukee, WI

Posted 29 April 2013 - 09:09 AM

View PostNiko Snow, on 20 October 2012 - 05:31 PM, said:

Turbo Corvair has just earned permission to remodel my apartment.

APARTMENT!?!? He can remodel my WHOLE block!

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users