░░▒▒ Join Red Squadron [RS] ▒▒░░

52 replies to this topic

#1 cipher

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 660 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationState College, PA

Posted 05 July 2012 - 11:38 AM

Mods: please remove this thread. RS is re-organizing and changing its direction. Quin Draco is taking over recruitment thread responsibilities. Thanks.

Edited by cipher, 30 November 2012 - 01:45 PM.

#2 Armageddon

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 178 posts
  • LocationPhoenix, Az

Posted 05 July 2012 - 11:47 AM

As a proud Administrator in the Community I am excited to see us branching into MechWarrior Online. This is an exciting day for RSGC and an exciting venture for BattleTech/MechWarrior fans around the world.

I am a long-time MechWarrior fan & very excited about MWO. This new chapter for Battletech is an exciting one & I couldn't be more thrilled to be entering this game with a great community such as this one.

Please Apply to join RSGC & we look forward to seeing you all on the battlefield!

<Salute>

~ Cael

#3 _Murky_

• Pip
  • Big Brother
  • Big Brother
  • 12 posts

Posted 05 July 2012 - 11:49 AM

count me in!! ;)

#4 cipher

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 660 posts

Posted 05 July 2012 - 12:00 PM

View PostMy30PoundSack, on 05 July 2012 - 11:49 AM, said:

count me in!! ;)

Awesome. Feel free to apply. We're fairly casual, so it's just a registration formality to ensure our members respect each other.

http://redsquadron.o...rs.php?mode=new

#5 Shaddock

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 174 posts
  • LocationIf I told you it would be harder to shoot you

Posted 05 July 2012 - 12:08 PM

Prospective members that bring pie for the Shaddock (thats me!) have a significantly higher chance of acceptance.

#6 ryuusader

Rookie

• 4 posts

Posted 05 July 2012 - 12:13 PM

What's your tag in WoT? Cause you folks certainly aren't http://worldoftanks..../1000000011-RS/

#7 cipher

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 660 posts

Posted 05 July 2012 - 12:15 PM

View PostShaddock, on 05 July 2012 - 12:08 PM, said:

Prospective members that bring pie for the Shaddock (thats me!) have a significantly higher chance of acceptance.

The cake is a l... I mean, the pie is a lie! ;)

Yes, we have a couple pie fanatics.

View Postryuusader, on 05 July 2012 - 12:13 PM, said:

What's your tag in WoT? Cause you folks certainly aren't http://worldoftanks..../1000000011-RS/

We casually play WoT. We haven't bothered forming a clan there, as we just group up. When I played last year I also helped in 116th as well.

#8 Willoughby

Rookie

• 2 posts

Posted 05 July 2012 - 12:42 PM

Rawr! Nemo or the Willoughby is here!

#9 cipher

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 660 posts

Posted 05 July 2012 - 12:53 PM

View PostWilloughby, on 05 July 2012 - 12:42 PM, said:

Rawr! Nemo or the Willoughby is here!

I updated the OP with your profile link, thanks Nemo!

#10 A big brave boulder of meat

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 177 posts
  • LocationOakdale, Minnesota

Posted 05 July 2012 - 01:01 PM

I just applied! I've been wanting to join a nice community to group up with. Hope to hear from you all soon!

#11 HelixNL

• PipPipPip
  • 50 posts
  • LocationHolland

Posted 05 July 2012 - 01:10 PM

Ive also send my application. It`s always fun to be in a group with people you can talk with during a match.

#12 talan

Rookie

• 8 posts
  • LocationLoveland, CO

Posted 05 July 2012 - 02:00 PM

Hello Troll & Helix.

I am Talan (recruitment officer for RSGC). I have accepted your applications. You should receive your welcome packet in your email shortly. Make sure to check your spam folder, as it lands there sometimes. We look forward to getting to know you.

#13 cipher

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 660 posts

Posted 05 July 2012 - 02:42 PM

Welcome Helix and Troll! :P

Troll played table top BattleTech, so a few more new members and we might get an old table top game or two going online.

#14 talan

Rookie

• 8 posts
  • LocationLoveland, CO

Posted 06 July 2012 - 04:47 AM

Sorry Maestro. We have been Red Squadron since before Global Agenda even existed. We started RS before the launch of Star Trek Online.

#15 Hayashi

Snowflake

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 3,395 posts
  • Location輝針城

Posted 06 July 2012 - 05:24 AM

View PostMaestroMagnifico, on 06 July 2012 - 12:55 AM, said:

This guys are impostors. Here's the real Red Squadron: http://red-squadron.ru/
It's a famous Russian community, top1 agency in Global Agenda in the world.

It's not surprising that there will be more than one gamer group of the same name amongst the very large number of gamers and games out there. The rule of thumb is:

1. For any given group name, the first thread started for the group by thread start date will precedence, in disputes between players. Meaning that even if a complete newbie starts recruiting for a group, say, "Clan Jade Falcon" - if he is the first to do so on the MechWarrior Online forums, the name will be his, even if there is an established group who uses that name in a previous MechWarrior game. It's literally first-come-first-served. We cannot simply respect established groups on previous games, because there are a lot of previous games with different inception dates, and there are also tabletop groups, who have no record of activity online, but who may have used a particular moniker for years - the arguments will be endless if we go down that path.

Because they are, to my knowledge, the first group to start a Red Squadron group on the MWO forums, they have the right to hold the name. If the Russian group you speak of has an earlier thread somewhere on this forums, then reply with that thread URL, and this group will have to rename, or merge with that one.

2. The developers hold the final right to the names used. For this cause, any "Clan Wolf" or "Clan Jade Falcon" is at serious risk because if those factions should enter the game in the future, their group will have to rename, without exception. This is because PGI holds the IP rights for the franchise at the moment.

So in short, if you want them to not hold this name, one of the following conditions must occur:

1. Highlight thread with name Red Squadron on the MWO forum with earlier date than this one.
2. PGI decides to name a faction Red Squadron.

Lastly, since this is your first post, please read this before continuing.

#16 Helmer

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Stone Cold
  • 3,272 posts
  • LocationColumbus, Ga

Posted 06 July 2012 - 08:23 AM

As this Red Squadron was the only one who registered with MWO here, any further off topic posts will be deleted

Cheers

#17 cipher

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 660 posts

Posted 06 July 2012 - 09:34 AM

I've updated to OP to show what guild/clan/fellowship names we had in different games.

#18 MaestroMagnifico

Rookie

• 4 posts

Posted 06 July 2012 - 09:46 AM

Ok, then I don't have any claims to your community anymore and I'm asking moderators to delete all my posts from this thread, like it's never happened.

#19 Acronis

Rookie

• 2 posts
  • LocationMilwaukee, WI

Posted 06 July 2012 - 01:01 PM

Just checking in :D

#20 HelixNL

• PipPipPip
  • 50 posts
  • LocationHolland

Posted 06 July 2012 - 01:15 PM

View Posttalan, on 05 July 2012 - 02:00 PM, said:

Hello Troll & Helix.

I am Talan (recruitment officer for RSGC). I have accepted your applications. You should receive your welcome packet in your email shortly. Make sure to check your spam folder, as it lands there sometimes. We look forward to getting to know you.

Thanks Talan for accepting.
I`ll be online tomorrow as soon as im back from work.
It would be pleasant to know other people from the guild first before MWO comes out.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users