System Requirements

22 replies to this topic

#1 steve

• Pip
  • 11 posts

Posted 31 October 2011 - 01:11 PM

What are the current thoughts on what type of system requirements we will need to play? Just asking to make sure I will be able to participate.

#2 Mal

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 995 posts

Posted 31 October 2011 - 01:11 PM

From the FAQ (http://mwomercs.com/support#faq)

Q. Any insight as to PC system requirements yet for MechWarrior® Online™?

A. We currently do not have final PC system specifications.

#3 capt bishop

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 231 posts
  • LocationInside a bunker at a undisclosed location

Posted 31 October 2011 - 01:12 PM

Sence it supports DX9 Id say the Min for Video card would be a 8800GT

#4 Cattra Kell

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,858 posts
  • LocationFredericton, NB, Canada

Posted 31 October 2011 - 01:14 PM

I am sure it will range from low to high due to the fact its a Free-to-Play(+?) title.

I am going to say lowest will be the average Core2Duo, 2GB DDR3 and something like a ATI 2000+ or equivalent would be the lowest specs, that seems to be the most common for LOWEST requirements on a lot of titles at the moment.

As for how high it can go, I cannot comment on that because things vary so much game to game.

This also being said; there is no official word on anything at the moment.

Edited by cattra kell, 31 October 2011 - 01:15 PM.

#5 crabmeister

• PipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • 36 posts

Posted 31 October 2011 - 01:16 PM

More importantly, I wonder what engine it'll run on. Possibly an all custom one, simply because it has to support Mechs and destructible buildings.

#6 steve

• Pip
  • 11 posts

Posted 31 October 2011 - 01:26 PM

How can I find out what my system has in it? I play Black Hawk Down and that is about it, so I actually don't know what I have in here.

#7 Brixx

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 431 posts
  • LocationGermany/Bavaria

Posted 31 October 2011 - 02:30 PM

Have to upgrade my system anyway. And actually I am that obsessed by this whole franchise and especially this game that I will simply wait for this information to be released and build my new system around that. **** yeah... throwing out money I don´t have. Yay!

#8 CycKath

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 2,580 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • LocationSE QLD, Australia

Posted 31 October 2011 - 03:43 PM

Given its F2P it'll either be low spec or support large degree of detail. Question on that, low detail/smaller size/quick start client and a separate high detail/larger download high spec client on single client?

#9 Aidan

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 542 posts
  • LocationFlorida, USA

Posted 31 October 2011 - 08:10 PM

A high performance over clocked abacus shoud do ... :)

#10 nighthawk441

• PipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • 36 posts

Posted 31 October 2011 - 11:05 PM

I actually hope they make this game look really good, but also support the lower end users ( to increase # of players ). It will be important to have a good running game for all of the players.

But back to my point, Battlefield 3 level graphics - fully utilizing dx11 would be awesome, well maybe not completely like battlefield 3 because it seems very overdone with the visuals. But what would really be cool is an advanced physics engine, one that pretty much DICE lied to us about in battlefield 3. Fully destructable buildings that show the damage you deal to them when you miss a Gauss rifle round on a mech or just plain fcking around with buildings. Being in an urban map while seeing skyscrapers being stripped to their structural skeletons and eventually collapsing completely would be the coolest thing ever.

It might seem like a demanding job to program all of this, but the scale of mechwarrior is massive so i think it's very possible. (please no mechassault fading collapsing buildings.. )

#11 Nod

Rookie

• Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 4 posts

Posted 01 November 2011 - 01:27 AM

BF3 level graphics with realistic destruction in large open environments? Probably not in the budget, haha.

#12 Kynlore

• PipPipPip
  • 84 posts
  • LocationTerra

Posted 01 November 2011 - 03:09 AM

I don't know of any F2P game that has really high requirements.

#13 Brixx

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 431 posts
  • LocationGermany/Bavaria

Posted 01 November 2011 - 03:13 AM

View Postkynlore, on 01 November 2011 - 03:09 AM, said:

I don't know of any F2P game that has really high requirements.

I don´t know any Free 2 Play games supporting DirectX 11. This will be something new guys... I can feel it. :)

#14 zudukai

• Trinary Star Captain
  • Trinary Star Captain
  • 1,707 posts

Posted 01 November 2011 - 03:13 AM

i hope that you can make a building fall in a direction you want by shooting the proper side.

that being said, the ol' teaser video had a destructible building...

#15 John Clavell

• 1,609 posts

Posted 01 November 2011 - 03:36 AM

DX9 - DX11 support would suggest at least the min specs won't be too high, which makes it accessible to more people. DX11 Support will also come as standard in the new Ivy Bridge processors. I have a feeling the graphics are going to be very much like what we say in terms of fidelity, like was seen in the 2009 video, maybe with a few more bells and whistles.

#16 garrett

• PipPip
  • 22 posts
  • LocationNew Zealand

Posted 01 November 2011 - 03:37 AM

View Postcyckath, on 31 October 2011 - 03:43 PM, said:

Given its F2P it'll either be low spec or support large degree of detail. Question on that, low detail/smaller size/quick start client and a separate high detail/larger download high spec client on single client?

Several MMOGs handle both through a single launcher, downloading a standard texture package at first and then a high-resolution package as well if you select that option in the launcher settings. If MWO's graphics are going to scale widely they might use a similar approach.

#17 sag

• PipPip
  • 26 posts
  • LocationColombia

Posted 23 July 2012 - 08:27 PM

all i know is that ill do whatever is needed to play.
though i think that my 6950 will do the trick :P

#18 Der Zivilist

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 452 posts

Posted 23 July 2012 - 09:37 PM

Aaaah! Necromancy! Kill it with fire!

#19 Commie95

• PipPip
  • 23 posts

Posted 23 July 2012 - 10:06 PM

Its a cry-engine 3 game, so you should have at least a mid-grade graphics card thats less than a year old for acceptable frames on medium.

#20 Tifalia

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 262 posts
  • LocationBoardwalk, Capellan Confederation

Posted 04 November 2012 - 06:35 PM

I do not care about being able to shoot down buildings or anything of that nature - all I care at this point is finding a computer which will allow me to run the damned game. After that, I will focus on any added accessories for best game play.

3 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 3 guests, 0 anonymous users