Look, yet another thread about the Unseen. YAY!

74 replies to this topic

#1 wpmaura

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 416 posts

Posted 30 March 2012 - 06:48 AM

So wonder how feasible it would be for them to add the unseen in but all of them being paid with real money.

So they each cost $5 and then half that gets split with who ever currently holds the license for the battle master etc rest goes to MWO.

I just love my warhammer and battle master. not to mention locust as well and would love to see them come into the game some how

#2 Vertous

• PipPipPip
  • The Wolf
  • The Wolf
  • 93 posts
  • LocationSummerville, SC

Posted 30 March 2012 - 07:33 AM

well thats too bad because, if u seen the dev blog they spent 2 years cleaning up the whole mess about the commercial with the warhammer. thats why we don't have our game now and thats why we have to wait until summer

#3 Naduk

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 1,575 posts
  • LocationAustralia

Posted 30 March 2012 - 07:33 AM

someone reset the counter back to 0-days please

#4 Riptor

• Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 1,043 posts

Posted 30 March 2012 - 07:42 AM

well thats too bad because, if u seen the dev blog they spent 2 years cleaning up the whole mess about the commercial with the warhammer. thats why we don't have our game now and thats why we have to wait until summer

WROOOOOOOOOOONG

They couldnt make the game cause they couldnt find anyone that would give them the cash to do so... that is why we dont get a stand alone game but instead we get a f2p version that enables them to start with less content then a full fledged title but also build up on that.

It had NOTHING to do with the warhammer.

#5 Adridos

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • 10,635 posts
  • LocationHiding in a cake, left in green city called New A... something.

Posted 30 March 2012 - 07:49 AM

It could be considered a P2W move hurting the game reputation. :D

#6 Chuckie

• FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 1,738 posts
  • LocationHell if I don't change my ways

Posted 30 March 2012 - 07:51 AM

View PostRiptor, on 30 March 2012 - 07:42 AM, said:

WROOOOOOOOOOONG

They couldnt make the game cause they couldnt find anyone that would give them the cash to do so... that is why we dont get a stand alone game but instead we get a f2p version that enables them to start with less content then a full fledged title but also build up on that.

It had NOTHING to do with the warhammer.

If memory serves..

The delay was mostly due to MS having the rights to the Game and making it a MS exclusive.. (IE PC and XBox)

This kept PGI from being able to make it for the PS3..

Which in turn kept publishers from backing them..

#7 Acer Lerxt

• PipPipPip
  • 79 posts

Posted 30 March 2012 - 08:00 AM

View PostNaduk, on 30 March 2012 - 07:33 AM, said:

someone reset the counter back to 0-days please

LOL.

well done, sir.

#8 Kenyon Burguess

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 2,619 posts
  • LocationNE PA USA

Posted 30 March 2012 - 08:06 AM

as long as the skins get updated with the other mechs, the names can be used. just dont expect miracles cause when the game explodes in popularity, whatever settlement was agreed upon in the past will get sucked right back into the courts due to greed if those mechs look the same.

#9 Marvin Martian

• PipPipPip
  • The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 56 posts

Posted 30 March 2012 - 08:12 AM

The art is the only problem with the Unseen. You can have the exact weapon loadout and mech statistics, and Harmony Gold could care less, as long as you don't use their artwork.

#10 armitage

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • IS Exemplar
  • IS Exemplar
  • 396 posts
  • LocationCA

Posted 30 March 2012 - 08:14 AM

I wouldnt want to give harmony gold any of my money anyways. I'd rather just see what Flying Debris comes up with.

#11 Oswin Aurelius

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Hawk
  • The Hawk
  • 808 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationWhitmore Lake, MI

Posted 30 March 2012 - 08:18 AM

FlyingDebris is good enough to make the Unseen into something uniquely Mechwarrior, especially considering the art style MWO is taking. They aren't going to be the first mechs to come out, but once they're sure they can put them in, they will. Right, Paul?

#12 Belial

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 359 posts
  • LocationOutreach

Posted 30 March 2012 - 08:24 AM

View PostMarvin Martian, on 30 March 2012 - 08:12 AM, said:

The art is the only problem with the Unseen. You can have the exact weapon loadout and mech statistics, and Harmony Gold could care less, as long as you don't use their artwork.

IIRC, Harmony Gold still threw a fit even after the Reseen editions. :D

#13 wpmaura

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 416 posts

Posted 30 March 2012 - 08:54 AM

View PostAdridos, on 30 March 2012 - 07:49 AM, said:

It could be considered a P2W move hurting the game reputation. :D

not sure how I am pretty sure we will probably have to pay for chasis any way aftter the initial 12-16 are released anyway. Dont they still have the warhammer video up as well.

I have lots of hope.

#14 Oswin Aurelius

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Hawk
  • The Hawk
  • 808 posts

Posted 30 March 2012 - 09:01 AM

The Warhammer video is NOT Mechwarrior: Online. You will have the CHOICE to pay for your 'mech chassis with either in-game C-Bills or real world money to save time. PGI would never limit certain 'mechs to paying users only.

#15 Tvae

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 203 posts
  • LocationPort Sunkissed

Posted 30 March 2012 - 09:06 AM

View PostOswin Aurelius, on 30 March 2012 - 09:01 AM, said:

The Warhammer video is NOT Mechwarrior: Online. You will have the CHOICE to pay for your 'mech chassis with either in-game C-Bills or real world money to save time. PGI would never limit certain 'mechs to paying users only.

Um.

www.youtube.com/watch?v=3CWr3ZUQJeo

(On the official MWO youtube channel, and description is "MechWarrior Online Reveal - Final")

Your points regarding their plans for pay system are correct so far as I know, though.

#16 wpmaura

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 416 posts

Posted 30 March 2012 - 09:10 AM

View PostOswin Aurelius, on 30 March 2012 - 09:01 AM, said:

they have said many times that was ingame footage of mwo. and how do they plan on making money if you can buy everything with in game money. It would be the equivalent of buying an expansion pack. give people 16 mechs if they want more they pay for it. as long as the new mechs are not better then any of the 16 they give you for free

#17 Grithis

• PipPipPip
  • 85 posts
  • LocationStuarts Draft, Va

Posted 30 March 2012 - 09:13 AM

View Postarmitage, on 30 March 2012 - 08:14 AM, said:

I wouldnt want to give harmony gold any of my money anyways. I'd rather just see what Flying Debris comes up with.

Agreed. FD has the talent to give us some of the old feel of the unseen, while keeping it all nice and legal. Harmony Gold can rot, for all I care.

#18 Oswin Aurelius

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Hawk
  • The Hawk
  • 808 posts

Posted 30 March 2012 - 09:14 AM

View Postwpmaura, on 30 March 2012 - 09:10 AM, said:

they have said many times that was ingame footage of mwo.

Not at all. It was a demo that was made using the game engine they intended on using for the game, but was never "in-game" footage.

As far as how they're supposed to make money, look at League of Legends. The only thing you CAN'T buy with in-game money are new character skins, and they're one of the most successful free-to-play titles out there.

#19 LackofCertainty

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 445 posts

Posted 30 March 2012 - 09:27 AM

Y'know what would make me happy? If they had FD redesign all of the unseen and set that as the new cannon. And I don't mean "Oh, we put a fin on it's back just so we can avoid legal claims" No. I mean saying, "Hey FD, we need you to design a mech. Here is it's loadout/capabilities. Let us know what you come up with."

As attached to the unseen as people are, the fact of the matter is they are stolen designs. The mechwarrior/battletech people are the bad guys in this scenario. Just take our lumps, sacrifice the "real" designs and have an artist (like FD) come up with something new.

P.S.

View PostOswin Aurelius, on 30 March 2012 - 09:14 AM, said:

As far as how they're supposed to make money, look at League of Legends. The only thing you CAN'T buy with in-game money are new character skins, and they're one of the most successful free-to-play titles out there.

Agreed. I wish more F2P games would have the confidence in their game that LoL has. They don't use insidious practices or P2W to encourage people to pay, they just make a solid game and then give you the option to put money in if you think they deserve it. Also, since the skins are very visible, it still manages to generate a "loot ****" for other players even though there's no mechanical benefit to using said skins.

P.P.S. L(-.-)ust is a censored word apparently.

Edited by LackofCertainty, 30 March 2012 - 09:31 AM.

#20 Riptor

• Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 1,043 posts

Posted 30 March 2012 - 09:54 AM

Well everyone... they allready showed us concept art of an unseen....

Also used its "insides" in their trailer... and im not talking about the one with the warhammer... its not even a mech...

Edited by Riptor, 30 March 2012 - 09:56 AM.

22 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 22 guests, 0 anonymous users