• Survivor
  • 184 posts

Posted 23 June 2013 - 10:48 AM

what you are telling us is anything, but not canon

#122 Sorceror Breen

• Pip
  • 12 posts

Posted 23 June 2013 - 11:54 AM

It is unlikely that a clan would have sufficient numbers to limit the number of bloodnames. Most clans only had between 7 and 12 bloodnames each. up to a maximum of 25 warriors can share a single bloodname. that equates to a lot of members (up to 300) that can have bloodnames. CSV back in the day only ever had around 45 active members on its roster and less than half of them had bloodnames. That's pretty large for a Clan, Some may have had more members but not much more. and I doubt any one clan would have more than 300 members in any one league. If it did then yes there should be a limit enforced but the point is moot unless there are over 300 members of a Clan. So it is up to the Clans leadership on how they wish to control the number of bloodnamed warriors, but yes only a maximum of 25 members can share the same bloodname.

#123 Ol Dirty Bastard

• PipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 43 posts

Posted 23 June 2013 - 09:20 PM

The route we are attempting to go is limiting the number of bloodtrials that are held per clan, thus keeping the number of bloodnamed warriors low.

#124 TibsVT

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Star Commander
  • Star Commander
  • 421 posts
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationIronhold (Sydney, Australia)

Posted 24 June 2013 - 12:13 AM

View PostNeon Kerensky, on 29 October 2012 - 08:00 PM, said:

I myself got mine while in a old version of Clan Wolf in start of MW4. There are two many version of any given clan to control numbers. Personally [CW] requires a tournament of bloodname for anyone in the clan to wear it and we even go as far as verifying new members that come in saying they have a bloodname (by old unit roster or talking to a officer of said old unit).

I agree with this. PGI should hold Trials every so often after the implementation of the Clans where everyone has a fair go of earning one. Obviously some kind of implementation concept would need to be worked out.

It's a new game and a fresh start is needed since there are God knows how many Kerensky's alone.. If you earned your name a decade or two ago then you should have no drama stepping up and earning it again. If you do then obviously you're concerned about losing it and being a coward isn't very becomming of a Clanner now is it? Honestly, if the name means so damn much to you that you'd cry and moan about having some decade old entitlement you're wearing it for the wrong reasons. You should be wearing as a display of prowess not to try and show how big you think your ego is. Again, if you think otherwise, I'd be obligated to say you're displaying it for the wrong reasons.

Then again who am I to tell someone they can't have a name they earned two decades and a handful of games ago. Which leads me to the below quote.

View PostBryan Kerensky, on 29 October 2012 - 11:30 PM, said:

Your performance on the battlefield will adequately show whether you are deserving of a bloodname or not. If someone wants to use the name of 'Kerensky' or 'Ward' he is welcome to. Simply be ready for ridicule should you fall short.

#125 Sorceror Breen

• Pip
  • 12 posts

Posted 24 June 2013 - 01:42 AM

PGI should have no bearing on Bloodright Trials what so ever. Bloodright Trials are an internal Clan Matter and not something that is the business of anyone outside of the Clan (unless the Bloodname is shared among 2 clans which is rare). As for Battle Prowess, several years away from MW has dulled my skills. Also as a new gaming platform I am finding it hard to learn the new skills required. Albeit a lot of my former ability and knowledge is returning. Age has also dulled my reflexes somewhat. And I find no logic in re-earning what has already been earned. PGI merely provides the Gaming Platform and the servers to play on. they do not dictate how each game is to be played and the rules of each game. There will be various leagues as there once was in the other MW games. PGI will not have a say on the rules involved in those leagues. Not unless PGI intends to make MWO a full RPG like DDO or Warcraft Online, which I do not think they have either the resources or the time to create such an immersive environment. There is too much they need to do to make it a full on RPG. So much is missing from this game.

#126 Vxheous

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • CS 2019 Gold Champ
  • CS 2019 Gold Champ
  • 3,823 posts
  • Location2 Time MWO World Champion

Posted 24 June 2013 - 08:45 AM

View PostSorceror Breen, on 24 June 2013 - 01:42 AM, said:

As for Battle Prowess, several years away from MW has dulled my skills. Also as a new gaming platform I am finding it hard to learn the new skills required. Albeit a lot of my former ability and knowledge is returning. Age has also dulled my reflexes somewhat.

If age has dulled your battle prowess then you are no longer fit to hold your bloodname. Perhaps you should join a solhama unit and go out to hunt bandits, quiaff?

#127 Sorceror Breen

• Pip
  • 12 posts

Posted 24 June 2013 - 11:55 AM

View PostVxheous, on 24 June 2013 - 08:45 AM, said:

If age has dulled your battle prowess then you are no longer fit to hold your bloodname. Perhaps you should join a solhama unit and go out to hunt bandits, quiaff?

Aff maybe so. But a bloodname once earned is never taken away. And a Khan never joins a solhama unit. Once a Khan they are Khan until Death. And I am not yet dead LOL. Do not get me wrong, limiting the amount of bloodname holders in a Clan is a good idea.. As I said, I did it whilst Khan of CSV. But it should not be something that is enforced outside of the Clan. It should be up to the Clan Leadership to do it. If the leadership can not manage such things they are unfit to lead. at most only 10 - 20% of the Clan membership should bare Bloodnames, and most of them should be in the Clan Keshik and Touman.

#128 Vxheous

• CS 2019 Gold Champ
  • CS 2019 Gold Champ
  • 3,823 posts
  • Location2 Time MWO World Champion

Posted 24 June 2013 - 02:23 PM

I never did say you would have your bloodname taken away, only that you die a glorious death so a younger warrior can claim the bloodname. Oh course since you are a Khan, if you feel you are no longer fit, most take their own lives, quiaff? In any case, I agree with what you are saying in that there really is no way of limiting bloodnames globally, and it have to be on a clan basis.

#129 Aym

• Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 3,041 posts
  • LocationLos Angeles

Posted 24 June 2013 - 02:38 PM

View PostEric Pryde, on 23 June 2013 - 09:20 PM, said:

The route we are attempting to go is limiting the number of bloodtrials that are held per clan, thus keeping the number of bloodnamed warriors low.

The new clams, first come, first served, no skill needed because there's a limit to how many challenges can ever happen.

But seriously in all likelihood PGI will simply say you've "earned" a blood name when you get enough faction rep with your Great House, I mean Clan, Clan Wolf, not Stark's of Winterfell. Anyway, where was I? Oh, yeah and then you can pay MC to but a banner in your cockpit with your "Blood Name"

#130 Gremlich Johns

• The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 3,855 posts
  • LocationMaryland, USA

Posted 24 June 2013 - 04:13 PM

Frankly, with the way I expect CW to be implemented, I don't think roleplay is going to figure much into it outside of Clan units and it will be small units, not huge ones that can be managed well. Outside the metagame of course. And I could care less what a Player who is Inner Sphere centric cares or thinks about the Clans anyway. They, like PGI, will have no power over what a Clan-centric team does outside of the game itself. IS will fight mercs will fight The Clans. I also could care less what PGI does about Bloodnames, it is not anything they can really enforce - influence maybe, but little more than that.

My Clan Blood Spirit Bloodname, Johns, has been mine for some time. I am ruthless enough to keep it and a Khanship, too (if I really cared about the latter at this point). I have little to fear anyway, CBS will not be portrayed outside of Harvest Trials (much later in the timeline) or if there is a Homeworlds server (which PGI may have to bring about since everybody wants Clan tech.).

Edited by Gremlich Johns, 24 June 2013 - 04:16 PM.

#131 TibsVT

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Star Commander
  • Star Commander
  • 421 posts
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationIronhold (Sydney, Australia)

Posted 26 June 2013 - 08:35 AM

Ironoically, PGI will be in control of the Clans, much alike how they plan to be in control of the houses once CW is put forward. If you disagree, then why would they restrict the names of the Clans. On top of this I highly doubt they care much about what you believe you're entitled to especially since they had nothing to do with the game you earned your bloodname in several decades ago.

Argue the point as much as you like; a spade is a spade. This is a new generation of MechWarrior - Your previously earned bloodname is irrelevent. Earn it in MWO or stop complaining.

Edited by KelesK, 26 June 2013 - 08:43 AM.

#132 Lukoi Banacek

• WC 2018 Top 12 Qualifier
  • WC 2018 Top 12 Qualifier
  • 4,353 posts

Posted 26 June 2013 - 10:36 AM

View PostKelesK, on 26 June 2013 - 08:35 AM, said:

Ironoically, PGI will be in control of the Clans, much alike how they plan to be in control of the houses once CW is put forward. If you disagree, then why would they restrict the names of the Clans. On top of this I highly doubt they care much about what you believe you're entitled to especially since they had nothing to do with the game you earned your bloodname in several decades ago.

Argue the point as much as you like; a spade is a spade. This is a new generation of MechWarrior - Your previously earned bloodname is irrelevent. Earn it in MWO or stop complaining.

This would imply that PGI will somehow have a system for awarding Bloodnames. Why do you think that is the case? Controlling the politics and overarching military goals of the faction (in this case Clans) is a completely different level than trying to manage Bloodnames for individual players. I highly doubt they bother with trying to manage this (outside of some form of reward via loyalty points, as someone mentioned above). PGI organized Bloodname Trials are pretty unlikely...which means it still falls to the player base.

Which of course means, none of us can enforce anything on anyone else, so again it is all largely a moot point, quiaff? LOL

#133 Morgan Kerensky

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Star Commander
  • Star Commander
  • 101 posts
  • LocationBritish Columbia, Canada

Posted 17 July 2013 - 07:28 AM

I am pretty sure PGI recognises that many people have earned their blood names through combat long ago.(Keep in mind, they are people like us. In particular, Mechwarrior fans like us.) They would not step in to ruin that for anybody, especially if they allowed from day one for people to have blood names.

Yes, it would be a neat feature if players could earn "Of Pryde" or "Of Kerensky" or "Of Ward" as little side notes for their forum profiles or whatever, but forcibly changing people? No.

Edited by Morgan Kerensky, 17 July 2013 - 07:30 AM.

#134 Wip3ou7

• PipPipPip
  • Hearing Impaired
  • Hearing Impaired
  • 90 posts

Posted 17 July 2013 - 07:45 AM

Anyone who has a problem with how a person names themselves (assuming its not lude/offensive) should think long and hard about themselves and what they're doing. This is a videogame and is played by thousands of people who want to have fun and celebrate a universe that they love. It's not fair to limit blood names, especially because true blood lineage doesn't change - EVER. You know what does happen? People have sex and families get bigger. Get over it. If you're name is a Lore name, I'm going to assume 2 things about you: You like Battletech and you aren't creative or confident enough to make a name for yourself.

As far as people who dislike people who have numbers in their name, such as myself. Get over it, you're being silly. That's all.

Edited by Wip3ou7, 17 July 2013 - 07:45 AM.

#135 dal10

• Philanthropist
  • 4,525 posts
  • Locationsomewhere near a bucket of water and the gates of hell.

Posted 17 July 2013 - 09:55 AM

considering that i originally started this thread like a year ago because i was tired of people with superiority complexes because they earned a bloodname some set of years ago (no, i don't i even remember who it was anymore) it is surprisingly un-ragey.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users