Mean Catapult-K2 setup! (had to post this)

70 replies to this topic

#41 Inappropriate188

Rookie

• Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 6 posts
  • LocationChicago

Posted 15 November 2012 - 03:36 PM

I agree with Mack1: thanks to OP for posting this build. No reason for anyone to troll, argue, or otherwise bring the house down.

#42 Aurien Titus

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 315 posts

Posted 15 November 2012 - 03:42 PM

Sweet, you guys just discovered an old build. Have you thought of putting gauss rifles in a K2? Don't think anyone has done that yet either.

#43 Deathz Jester

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 2,107 posts
  • LocationOH, USA

Posted 15 November 2012 - 03:44 PM

2 AC20s? thats a cool story, how do you like swarms of LRMS pounding into, until you die, before you can fire a shot?

#44 AztekEagle

Rookie

• Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 4 posts

Posted 17 December 2012 - 08:36 AM

Yea i dont know wtf all this hating is, my main build is my founders cat (lrm boat) i have 400k exp on it and 1,531 as the highest dmg ive done on it. i got a k2 Twin20 Cat to practice brawling and yea its ******* slow the heat isnt so bad but i see ppl complaining about it i guess yea it could be better but again like almost any build it takes CERTAIN skill i meen why would u need speed if mostly youll be poping in and out of cover hopefully if u dont suck landing evry shot in the head or shoulders i meen if this mech gets taken out by lrms its rly ONLY the pilots fault or his team's.All u need is one double shot to the head THATS IT ive seen 1 Twin20 cat go in the cave side entrance anhd come out with 4 headshot kills thats what skill gets you im not there yet but i will be. This is a Great build if any1 wants a good 1 shot brawler with emphasis on aim and making EVERY shot count this is the mech for u.

#45 MeiSooHaityu

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 10,912 posts
  • LocationMI

Posted 17 December 2012 - 09:19 AM

View PostCyico, on 27 October 2012 - 12:24 AM, said:

He don't know about 4xPPC K2.

Tried it with the Cataphract and it is pretty hit or miss.

If you have a team that allows you to snipe with it, it can do a lot of damage. If not, you will get blown to shreds as you sit powered down.

#46 Kaijin

• 2,137 posts

Posted 17 December 2012 - 09:32 AM

View PostM60, on 27 October 2012 - 01:09 AM, said:

heres the issue with the 4 PPC set up...the only way you would be able to match the ac20's damage is if you were to fire all 4 at once..and how often are you going to be able to do that? I've used 3 ppc's at once (and alternating) and hit almost everyone of my targets and was only averaging about 200 damage per round

You haven't seen the 'Noisy Cricket'....

The 4 ERPPC Cat can alpha twice in a row before shutting down!

Edited by Kaijin, 17 December 2012 - 09:32 AM.

#47 Xervitus

• PipPipPip
  • 94 posts
  • LocationToronto, Canada

Posted 17 December 2012 - 09:38 AM

View PostAztekEagle, on 17 December 2012 - 08:36 AM, said:

Yea i dont know wtf all this hating is, my main build is my founders cat (lrm boat) i have 400k exp on it and 1,531 as the highest dmg ive done on it. i got a k2 Twin20 Cat to practice brawling and yea its ******* slow the heat isnt so bad but i see ppl complaining about it i guess yea it could be better but again like almost any build it takes CERTAIN skill i meen why would u need speed if mostly youll be poping in and out of cover hopefully if u dont suck landing evry shot in the head or shoulders i meen if this mech gets taken out by lrms its rly ONLY the pilots fault or his team's.All u need is one double shot to the head THATS IT ive seen 1 Twin20 cat go in the cave side entrance anhd come out with 4 headshot kills thats what skill gets you im not there yet but i will be. This is a Great build if any1 wants a good 1 shot brawler with emphasis on aim and making EVERY shot count this is the mech for u.

You necrod this outdated thread for that?

Edited by Xervitus, 17 December 2012 - 09:38 AM.

#48 AztekEagle

Rookie

• Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 4 posts

Posted 17 December 2012 - 10:19 AM

View PostXervitus, on 17 December 2012 - 09:38 AM, said:

You necrod this outdated thread for that?

Not sure what Necrod means i dont post on forums so much but wtf was the problem with that? Just saw this post today and couldent help but notice how misunderstood the Twin20 was.... thats it .......

#49 PurpleNinja

• Liquid Metal
  • Liquid Metal
  • 2,097 posts
  • LocationMIA

Posted 17 December 2012 - 10:27 AM

I like mine:
2 x Ultra AC5 (100 Ammo)
2 x ER Large Lasers
300 XL Engine
12 DHS

When running hot, rely on the UACs, when they jam, switch to lasers, when walking on water or frozen city, ALPHA STRIKE.
If running hot with jammed ACs, take those 80 KPH and run for cover.

:) :D

#50 Monsoon

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 1,631 posts
  • LocationToronto, On aka Kathil

Posted 17 December 2012 - 10:32 AM

View PostAurien Titus, on 15 November 2012 - 03:42 PM, said:

Sweet, you guys just discovered an old build. Have you thought of putting gauss rifles in a K2? Don't think anyone has done that yet either.

Seriously, the 'Splatapult' is nothing new, I still see often enough.

#51 Mavairo

• Liquid Metal
  • Liquid Metal
  • 2,251 posts

Posted 17 December 2012 - 10:45 AM

I love seeing the AC20 Pult. Much more fun to watch and fight against than the stupid typical gauss vomit kitty.

#52 Hexag0n

Rookie

• 2 posts
  • LocationAustria

Posted 24 January 2013 - 03:28 AM

I love the K2 and I've tried them all. AC20 Cat is great fun but it has serious disadvantages - no XL engine, heat, range and of course ammo. Gausscat is fine too but it doesnt have enough punch, it's slow and it also needs ammo.

My favourite loadout is 4 PPCs / 3 PPCS, 1ERPPC. My XL engine 310 is good for 85 kph, I can alpha twice on any map and do the same damage as a dual AC20 build without running out of ammo.
The main advantage is speed. You can deal a huge amount of damage before overheating and you're fast enough to dodge before they realize what has happened and the rain begins. Plus, you usually can force opponents to fight at your optimal range. Even in reverse it can roughly keep up with most close range boats which is absolutely deadly for your average SRM Cat.
What I also consider important is psychology - 4 PPCs in chain fire are pretty frightning. Facing this kind of barrage, most players choose to duck - and I can keep it up for around 12 shots.

In the end, it comes down to your own preferences and skills. Like any boated build it has serious flaws and blindly going into battle will get you killed in no time. If you know what you're doing - keep range and heat in check, use your speed to your advantage - its absolutely deadly.

Edited by Hexag0n, 24 January 2013 - 03:37 AM.

#53 Moonsavage

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • 470 posts
  • LocationAylesbury, UK

Posted 24 January 2013 - 04:15 AM

No offence to OP, but I hate any mech that can alpha me out of the game in one lucky hit.

If I get whacked (often by an unseen / ECM shrouded enemy) and my CT is orange - makes me think, fk it I may as well quit now since I have little chance of seeing the end of the game.

#54 Triggerhippy

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 415 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • LocationThe pivotal locus of the Universe

Posted 24 January 2013 - 04:26 AM

Welcome to 20kat club, I've been using it since b4 DHS came in. Try adding a couple of small laser too (just to finish them off if the twins dont)

#55 Hexag0n

Rookie

• 2 posts
  • LocationAustria

Posted 24 January 2013 - 05:14 AM

First of all, unless youre piloting a scout, nobody can alpha you in one shot. Also, all K2 builds at least require some piloting skills - contrary to your average missile boat. As I said, it all revolves around your preferences and your skill - if youre a disciplined player with good aim and if youre planning ahead properly they all work great.
If your aim is no good or if you choose to brawl an atlas on your own, youre toast within seconds - rock, paper, scissors.

Edited by Hexag0n, 24 January 2013 - 05:21 AM.

#56 Taizan

Com Guard

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,692 posts
  • LocationGalatea (NRW)

Posted 24 January 2013 - 05:17 AM

Moved this topic to the Battlemechs sub forum, where it is more appropriate.

#57 takto101

• Pip
  • Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 11 posts
  • Locationusa cali

Posted 03 February 2013 - 06:22 PM

ok not to sound dum or anything but im looking to try out the catapult dual ac20 but i cant seem to figger out ho to do that... from what i have see you need to get the cplt-k2 wich i have but i cant put them on...

can some one tell me how to do this im feeling very dum not knowing how to do this thx

#58 themoob

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 589 posts
  • LocationAustralia

Posted 03 February 2013 - 06:47 PM

Whoa, a double AC20 K2 build! How crazy and unique! I'm so glad you posted this, no one else could have thought of this one.

#59 BaronofBeanDip

• PipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 37 posts

Posted 03 February 2013 - 09:56 PM

View Posttakto101, on 03 February 2013 - 06:22 PM, said:

ok not to sound dum or anything but im looking to try out the catapult dual ac20 but i cant seem to figger out ho to do that... from what i have see you need to get the cplt-k2 wich i have but i cant put them on...

can some one tell me how to do this im feeling very dum not knowing how to do this thx

Side Torsos have ballistic slots. That's where the AC20's go. Make sure you have room.

#60 DoyleHT

• Pip
  • 11 posts

Posted 03 February 2013 - 10:57 PM

Ok everyone, take a deep breath and realize this is a necro thread - no need to jump down the op's throat.

/thread (please?)

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users