Anyone remember Battletech MU*s?

368 replies to this topic

#301 ODonovan

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 377 posts
  • LocationMWO is still incomplete, after YEARS!

Posted 14 November 2012 - 10:29 PM

We're not going to chase you around. We're too old for that sh...err...stuff. Come on over to the MUX website and hang out with the rest of us fossils. :D

-Irish

#302 ODonovan

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 377 posts

Posted 17 November 2012 - 06:50 PM

Weekend BUMP!

-Irish

#303 ODonovan

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 377 posts

Posted 19 November 2012 - 09:46 PM

Rainy days and Mondays always make me BUMP! :)

-Irish

#304 ODonovan

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 377 posts

Posted 22 November 2012 - 05:46 PM

BUMPgiving!

-Irish

#305 Falconer

Rookie

• Philanthropist
  • 3 posts

Posted 24 November 2012 - 12:32 AM

Wow... I'm shocked... to recognize so many old handles... irish... bianca...

Some of you might have recalled me from those days as Rel, Ransel... I eventually was one of the directors/admins/c programmers for MUSHes when we did the recode to switch from MUSE to MUSH. I remember even eyeballing the MUX code as a favor at one point but didn't do much past that. I got my start in FRR on 3056... eventually went nuts on the combat arena sim sites where you'd earn xp for stats and to buy new mechs... eventually settled in with the FWL faction crowd with my playable toon... hmm trying to remember what his handle was.. so long ago... think it had a Maxwell in it just because it sounded cool...

Haven't heard or seen much of any of the old crowd from Falryx, Dizzledorf, Beaker, Barracuda or that crowd since things shut down. Let alone the old players. rec.games.mecha served as the hub of the community for a long time there. For a while, a fair number on #Battlechat on iRC as well.

Edited by Falconer, 24 November 2012 - 12:39 AM.

#306 ODonovan

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 377 posts

Posted 25 November 2012 - 01:58 AM

Heya DoOd! Get over to the MUX website if you haven't already, and sign up!

I've seen Fal mentioned a couple times, but seeing Beaker and Diz's names up there hit me with another wave of nostalgia. Even moreso for Barracuda, since he was the original Thomas Marik on 3056 and I was Paul Masters. We pretty much built the FWL together on '56.

-Irish

#307 ODonovan

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 377 posts

Posted 26 November 2012 - 09:52 PM

"Ah'll be BUMP."

-The Bumpinator

#308 Jason Cutter

• PipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 21 posts

Posted 28 November 2012 - 07:21 AM

Jason Cutter (CHF) and Cutter (CSJ) '56 reporting in. Kajin(Ka) was my roommate in Ormond Beach, FL, and he got me in to btech muses/mushes in 1995/96.

I was on an earlier MUSE prior to '56, and I remember Garet Jax being my CO. On '56, I spent quite a bit of time in CHF. Most of CHF instructors and cadets made the Fallen Angles (FA) clan for the Varxsis 4196, I was Kain Dracul there. I was also Cutter on Kaa Owen's last MUSE (3062) with dropships was amazingly fun.

fun reading: https://groups.googl...h4/7T2vvZJCNwoJ

Jason

Edited by Jason Cutter, 28 November 2012 - 07:50 AM.

#309 Edward_Grimm

Rookie

• FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 7 posts
  • LocationIllinois, USA

Posted 29 November 2012 - 11:02 AM

View PostODonovan, on 14 November 2012 - 10:29 PM, said:

We're not going to chase you around. We're too old for that sh...err...stuff. Come on over to the MUX website and hang out with the rest of us fossils. :(

-Irish

Wasting time at work today and finally got back ot the MWO forums. I've signed up at the MUX website and I'll try to make it into the TS server tonight assuming I get home at a reasonable hour from work.

Cheers!

#310 ODonovan

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 377 posts

Posted 29 November 2012 - 07:28 PM

Welcome to the old folks' home, Grimmy! :(

-Irish

#311 ODonovan

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 377 posts

Posted 02 December 2012 - 12:11 AM

Another BUMP to make sure people don't forget about us. :)

-Irish

#312 Jock Blaine

• PipPipPip
  • 59 posts
  • LocationNetherlands

Posted 03 December 2012 - 12:43 AM

View PostODonovan, on 03 November 2012 - 02:19 AM, said:

I surely hope not. If you're going to get drunk, go watch TV. We're old and crochety, not drunk and obnoxious.
-Irish

Yeah right. Most frequent call on MUX teamspeak: "One moment. Beer run". Guilty, btw. :)
(And we don't do obnoxious)

#313 ODonovan

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 377 posts

Posted 03 December 2012 - 11:42 PM

Beer run? I would think "bio break" would be more frequent. ;)

-Irish

#314 ODonovan

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 377 posts

Posted 06 December 2012 - 09:04 PM

Time to BUMP!

-Irish

#315 ODonovan

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 377 posts

Posted 09 December 2012 - 11:35 PM

We need MOAR members! Come back, all you old MUSErs and MUXers from so many years ago. All is forgiven. :)

-Irish

#316 ODonovan

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 377 posts

Posted 11 December 2012 - 10:02 PM

I'm typing REALLY fast.

Yes, this is a SPEED bump. ;)

-Irish

#317 ODonovan

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 377 posts

Posted 13 December 2012 - 09:09 PM

We're still having some of our old BTech MUSE and MUX comrades show up on our website, so that means we're still around, just a lot slower than we used to be, right? B)

-Irish

#318 ODonovan

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 377 posts

Posted 15 December 2012 - 10:14 PM

Send us MOAR (old people that used to play the BTech MUSEs and MUXes, that is)!

-Irish

#319 owyn

Rookie

• Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 4 posts
  • LocationSan Francisco

Posted 16 December 2012 - 07:17 PM

Whoa, what a nostalgia trip this whole thread is. I got a beta account on MWO mostly because of those old experiences playing Battletech MUSE but haven't really played much. I was active on 3026 and 3056 and a few of the RS scenarios back in 1992-1994 when I was in college... I had a LOT more free time then. My main character was Owyn_Cymrich and a generic "badass chick" DC trainer character who's name I can't remember, but probably trained half the faction pilots who signed up that year. Our signature "graduation scenario" was having two instructors in lights vs the cadet. I passed by killing both instructors, which was pretty rare... I also did a short stint as TK running the DC faction, which involved a lot of spreadsheets. and fixing elevator code. Ha.

#320 owyn

Rookie

• Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 4 posts
  • LocationSan Francisco

Posted 16 December 2012 - 08:09 PM

Just did some internet searching to refresh my memory and 3034 was the other main site I was active on, there were some good times there. Definitely as Owyn there too, if anyone remembers.

I think the main reason I was pretty deadly in combat was lag...

I lived in San Diego at the time, and was attending UCSD... the apartment I lived in was one of the first in the state to get an ISDN line, which was just like being in the lab. 128KB/sec! No more green/amber terminals, I could connect directly to the campus internet. This was before windows 95 of course, so I ran some kind of DOS based terminal client because Windows 3.1 was terrible. My first real job as a software engineer I remember being pretty stoked that one of the dudes who worked there was one of the authors of tinyfugue (Ken), which was the client I used. Never used a graphical client... After getting that first real job though (in mid 1995) I was so swamped by work that I pretty much stopped being able to play...

10 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 10 guests, 0 anonymous users