Mplayer-Mechcommander players _ Report Here!

56 replies to this topic

#21 Damocles

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 1,527 posts
  • LocationOakland, CA

Posted 26 November 2011 - 09:50 PM

Played with Clan Jade Wolf for a bit MC2 in Starlance, had a good time steamrolling with 5PPC(?) Blood Asps, but getting ambushed by hidden Catapults was my downfall :|
We need a MC3 someday
JW_Slaughterus

#22 Darkbeer

• PipPip
  • 33 posts

Posted 25 July 2012 - 11:02 AM

Sorry to necro this a bit, but I can't help myself.

Too many fond memories, mechcommander introduced me to StarLance which in turn got me into mw3. That was all she wrote, been in love with the IP ever since. MW3 starlance players need to hook back up!

#23 Padrone

• PipPip
  • 31 posts
  • LocationThe South

Posted 26 July 2012 - 05:56 PM

Starlance,,wow.. This is Gunslinger. Callsign I used then. Still do in some things. Yeah, I remember a few names. Border Reaver (you out there?) Xevious, Tantrum, Loyal, Kreig, McSorely and Elite73 come to mind. Any of you out there? It's been an age hasn't it? Feel free to contact me if you are.

Edited by Padrone, 26 July 2012 - 05:56 PM.

#24 XKU ClonE

Rookie

• 4 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 30 July 2012 - 10:16 AM

View PostThe Ghost, on 26 November 2011 - 09:32 PM, said:

What's up, ladies?

Won the first ever Mechcommander ladder on MPlayer.
Logged 45 straight victories.
Ran the baddest bunch of Mercs this side of the Inner Sphere.

GR-Colonel Ghost
Ghost Riders.

<3

Haha I can't believe I'm seeing you here! I was part of all that with you, Phantom, Queen of Blades and Senpai!

-=XKU=- ClonE™ / GR-ClonE™

Edited by XKU ClonE, 30 July 2012 - 10:17 AM.

#25 JWRoadkill

Rookie

• Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 1 posts

Posted 19 September 2012 - 12:18 AM

JW-Roadkill :)...

LOVED mechcommander and mechcommander 2.

Rolled with Jade Wolf my entire MC2 experience.

#26 ANDR88

Rookie

• 3 posts

Posted 19 September 2012 - 02:18 PM

Hi lamers :)

#27 Alexander Sakamoto

• PipPip
  • 26 posts
  • LocationSt-Jé, Québec

Posted 19 September 2012 - 02:44 PM

Wow! Use to run with Starlance for a while and MC on Mplayer was the first game I played "online". Callsign was Majin_Heero I think. Still play MC now and doing the campaign over and over again...XD And uses the MC soundtrack as background music for MWO!

#28 Boaz Roshak

• PipPipPip
  • Liquid Metal
  • Liquid Metal
  • 96 posts
  • LocationApperently , back on the island

Posted 07 October 2012 - 08:48 AM

I played in the cobra league, starlance and mainly in the flaming sword league back on Mplayer. I also worked for Mplayer as Sage Boaz. I was Boaz Roshak in all the leagues but starlance where I played my self, Gorton of Gorton,Kingsley and Thorpe Enterprises.

#29 Sir Roland MXIII

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Spear
  • The Spear
  • 1,152 posts
  • LocationIdaho

Posted 07 October 2012 - 08:13 PM

Wow, MPlayer, I am both surprised and unsurprised to see people here who remember that. I didn't play MC there though, I was all about Quake: Team Fortress back then and being the most unstoppable flag capper and/ or sniper axer (Ran as a Medic, so, Bio Weapon to the back of the head was a good cure for snipers). It's been so long that I've forgetten who else I was always fighting for top ten ranks, although I won't forget the fact I was the only top 100 guy who rolled keyboard only, still amazed I pulled that off at ALL, honestly.

Callsign way back then was "SgtSpankinpicklz!", which wasn't mine at first. Friend of mine came up with the name but got tired of being yelled at for it. So I asked if I could use it, and pretty much ran with it for a year or more, enjoying all the hate since, as I was one of the top players there, it amused me that all they could really do was yell at me.

I've matured since then, or so I like to think... well, at least in choice of name. Heh.
~Sir Roland

Edited by Sir Roland MXIII, 07 October 2012 - 08:18 PM.

#30 Header

Rookie

• 3 posts
  • LocationScotland

Posted 11 October 2012 - 07:36 AM

Mplayer, haha, those was the days, not been in a community like that since. Mechcommander was golden, Played in TFS, "Khan Pug", clan mongoose, in the end merged with ghost bear, think Taheel was the khan there, TFS was pretty much dead at that point, never got to invade the IS, most people went off to play rainbow six and thief.

#31 WOLF TooGoooD

• Pip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 12 posts
  • LocationVancouver Canada

Posted 14 October 2012 - 02:13 PM

:D

#32 Lord Scythe

Rookie

• 1 posts

Posted 23 October 2012 - 04:37 AM

Wow, some very familiar names on this list.

Proud member of the Wild Cards or WCS for short.

Same name as here though I did have various itterations of it.

#33 Sandpit

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 17,419 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationArkansas

Posted 23 October 2012 - 03:21 PM

I played in the SL League under Genesis and Sandpit.

#34 Boaz Roshak

• PipPipPip
  • Liquid Metal
  • Liquid Metal
  • 96 posts
  • LocationApperently , back on the island

Posted 05 November 2012 - 01:45 PM

[color="#000000"]I remember you Pug and yes Taheel ran Ghost Bear at that time. Khrom was doing Jade falcon[/color]

#35 Ter Ushaka

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 600 posts
  • LocationGnomeregan, Dun Morogh

Posted 05 November 2012 - 05:43 PM

I was in SL, but I can't remember my player name or merc unit. I vaugely remember having a hand in causing the SL rulemakers to ban minelayer units from competetive play.

Edited by Ter Ushaka, 05 November 2012 - 05:44 PM.

#36 SabreCat

Rookie

• 2 posts

Posted 27 November 2012 - 10:47 PM

Pug, Boaz, and if Taheel is out there... what's up!

#37 VoodooLou Kerensky

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 595 posts
  • LocationMember #2618

Posted 28 November 2012 - 11:53 PM

MPig was ok but it didnt support Netmech Dos which had less lag issues than NetMech95, KALI totally kicked the MPigs butt (and still works with MW2,3,4 and MekTeks MW4 Mercs.

#38 DevineEntervention

Rookie

• 1 posts

Posted 10 January 2013 - 12:52 AM

AllenRH...was in LCAF in the early Mplayer days with Killdare, Drac, Wraith...then in TFS with SJ..Commie and i forget his next door buddy....Shout outs to, Ed Da Killa...Glasseye..from early Starlance days, Uncle Smokey, Zeus..Spaz(lol who could forget that kid)..i remeber one day he hacked the mplayer system to use the mic in the main lobby, then proceeded to play **** over it lol..kid invented trolling i think...Man to think that was such a long time ago.. Mplayer wizards, Metal and Hunter...im sure there are tons of others im forgetting...heres to praying for a lobby system so we can congregate lol...

#39 kreigmeister

Rookie

• 4 posts
  • LocationFlorida

Posted 09 March 2013 - 02:53 PM

View PostPadrone, on 26 July 2012 - 05:56 PM, said:

Starlance,,wow.. This is Gunslinger. Callsign I used then. Still do in some things. Yeah, I remember a few names. Border Reaver (you out there?) Xevious, Tantrum, Loyal, Kreig, McSorely and Elite73 come to mind. Any of you out there? It's been an age hasn't it? Feel free to contact me if you are.

Slow response dont know if your still playing? Been a long time since we talked Gunslinger! :(

For anyone else I was Kreig in SL Field Marshall of Oberon Confederation during the strategic campaign and it's development. Went on to play Chang in the Star Fleet Commannd spinoff of Starlance.

Edited by kreigmeister, 09 March 2013 - 02:56 PM.

#40 Lupo the Butcher

• Pip
  • Survivor
  • 10 posts

Posted 23 July 2013 - 11:32 PM

It's funny... I googled "Starlance Mechcommander" and all the results point to MWO.

I played my entire MC and MC2 "career" in NC (with MogCarns originally) in SL, TFS and TCL on Mpig and later on Zone when Mpig folded. I remember a bunch of names here. Maybe I'll shoot some of you all soon.

NC-Lupo

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users