Mplayer-Mechcommander players _ Report Here!

56 replies to this topic

#41 Yorinaga

• PipPipPip
  • The Butcher
  • The Butcher
  • 91 posts

Posted 24 July 2013 - 05:33 AM

Some pretty familiar names in here.

I think i ran a few games with some of you. My callsign back then was GB-Nekekami i think.

Edited by Yorinaga, 24 July 2013 - 05:38 AM.

#42 Lupo the Butcher

• Pip
  • Survivor
  • 10 posts

Posted 24 July 2013 - 04:42 PM

Sup Nek? I remember you from way back.

What name you running under these days?

#43 Yorinaga

• PipPipPip
  • The Butcher
  • The Butcher
  • 91 posts

Posted 25 July 2013 - 11:27 PM

Hey Lupo,

yeah think we used to play together in NC for a while.
Fine days.

Yorinaga obviously, member of the Kurita Unit Ronin Legion.
What about you Lupo? Where did you end up? Still playing this or just reading the forums?
Any contact to other old farts of the mc crowd?

#44 GDLBLADE

Rookie

• 1 posts

Posted 29 July 2013 - 06:52 AM

I was GDL-BLADE and in TFS WOLF with the same name.

I remember a few here! ClonE, Lupo...

They were good times xD

#45 QueenBlade

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • WC 2017 Bronze Champ
  • WC 2017 Bronze Champ
  • 710 posts

Posted 31 July 2013 - 03:27 PM

all good times

#46 Alaiq

Rookie

• Knight Errant
  • 1 posts

Posted 20 August 2013 - 03:47 PM

Holy {Scrap} I recognize a lot of names in this thread for a game from almost fifteen years ago. MC on Mplayer was the first game that I played online - great times.

I ran with the Jade Falcons as Anakin and later Laiquendi. Lots of great memories of jumping Mad Cats around the map and doing hit-and-runs vs the big slow IS Awesomes.

Edited by Alaiq, 20 August 2013 - 03:48 PM.

#47 CPT Vermicelli

Rookie

• Mercenary Rank 1
  • Mercenary Rank 1
  • 2 posts

Posted 04 January 2014 - 06:08 PM

Was LCAF_Hansvonluck, was looking to re connect with anyone from those old crews that still might be around in any games. Particularly looking for Kildare, Q-Prime or Jhereg if anyone could point me in the right direction.

#48 nightsniper

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 209 posts
  • LocationMassachusetts

Posted 14 January 2014 - 06:21 AM

Well it really has been a long time and remembering Mplayer fondly. Lobby and music nights and lots of friends. I was POKE bosstang Khan of Blood Spirit and then later head of SLDF in TFS, TCL, and SL leagues. Started this after Solaris. Mechcommander was far more like the board game, which is where I got my start int he 80's. Still loving the games and hope to see more from those old days.

Leader of 1st Kestrel Grenadiers now stop by and say hello when you get a chance and we can recall the great days of Planetary play and ladders. I have seen in the last few years Ryster who started and hosted TCL and BigGayAvalon who partnered with them the hosted Mechcommander for years on a British Server under the label TCL.

Flood of memories who knew we would all still be here.

Best to all!

#49 ArchAngelWC

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Star Captain
  • Star Captain
  • 230 posts
  • Locationaboard the Smoke Jaguar Warship, "Sabre Hawk" in orbit above the PGI office

Posted 20 January 2014 - 05:50 PM

Sup Lupo/Scythe...im over in star citizen mostly (waiting for it) as i refuse to do anything that might be considered participating in this blasphemy of a game
we need JJB and Lobo and Evilweasel and Commie damnit...

#50 Blu03

• Pip
  • Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 12 posts
  • LocationArkansas

Posted 29 January 2014 - 01:43 PM

Played in Team Banzai in Star Lance league played with The Black Watch in TFS league. Can't remember my exact callsign think is was BlaketheSnake at the time or something similar. Was just a kid then.

#51 Rezznorr

Rookie

• FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • 1 posts

Posted 30 June 2015 - 02:08 PM

Woah....I definitely remember some of you guys!!! My old call sign was Glasseye. I was Khan of Ghost Bear for a bit, then moved over to Smoke Jaguar with CommieM and played in SL and TFS leagues. I think I beat ToooGoood and Lupo in a few tournaments on Mplayer haha. Overall I won like 5 MC tournaments and my brother, Ed_da_Killa, won a couple as well. We got like 3 Mplayer t-shirts, 2 MadCatz joysticks, 2 mouse pads, and a car sun shade visor thing. When you won tournaments on Mplayer, your name was highlighted in gold....those were definitely the golden days of gaming for me. Anyone out there still play MC or MWO?

#52 Hizzo

Rookie

• The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 4 posts

Posted 09 May 2016 - 07:20 AM

Sorry to resurrect a dead post! A lot of these names brought back a lot of memories for me. I pretty much ran with Clan Jade Wolf from MC, MC2 and MW4. My callsign was Mechsniper. Lots of memories! I am still playing MWO just because it is one of the few mech games left out there that is being supported.

#53 Klesko12

Rookie

• 1 posts

Posted 28 April 2019 - 10:41 AM

Man, good to see a lot of the old names in here. I was originally with RJR(Redjack Ryan's Rebels) but commanded the Draconis Combine during the planetary campaign. DCMS_Klesko12 PLayed for many years in the SL/CQC for Rogue Spear. The original founder of Starlance was Venemous. Actually met him in Columbia SC one year when I had won a tourney and was picking up my video card I won.

Anyway, happy hunting out there, and I do not miss the days of the jumping clan mech LRMS boats with my slow *** Atlas trying to chase

#54 WizBio

Rookie

• 2 posts

Posted 11 September 2020 - 02:18 PM

TooGoooD, Flex, Colonel Ghost, ClonE, Lupo, QueenBlade, AllenRH, Klesko, ArchAngel, BLADE, Big Worm and anyone I missed!

I cannot express what a pleasure it is to see you all here. What a blast from the past!

I was bIoHaZaRd on MPlayer and The Zone. I was in the Apocalypse Legion with Ghost and Tritonian, and the leader of the Black Widow Company in SL. I was in LCAF in TFS and Comstar in TCL. I was also your friendly MC and MW3 tournament Wizard.

Lovely to see you all again!

- Bio

Edited by WizBio, 11 September 2020 - 02:30 PM.

#55 Absaint

• PipPipPip
  • Gunsho-ni
  • 73 posts

Posted 10 February 2021 - 09:28 AM

Heya, played Mechcommander Gold in the MSZone under GS_Marauder at some point, but left when MC2 came out.

Then played on a awesome tabletopy league, maybe a megamek one? There played for the Clans, think I was a Khan for one of the smaller ones, with a Salhan from Australia, cant recall the clan right now though.

#56 Mav The Evil

• Pip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • 11 posts
  • LocationSacramento

Posted 27 May 2021 - 10:56 PM

Can't believe I didn't see this post the first time around, here's another necro.

Ice Hellions / Maverick

MechCommander mostly ended for me when mplayer went down. I went on to terrorize the megamek/mekwars servers for most of my 20's. Got into MWO a bit at launch (was in the launch party tournament), but life has mostly been devoid of giant robots lately.

If anyone wants to get a discord running... Mav the Evil#3418

RIP Old Internet

#57 Keufani

Rookie

• The Bludgeon
  • The Bludgeon
  • 4 posts

Posted 09 August 2021 - 01:01 AM

Wow I cannot believe this exists so many names I remember, I played mainly under Starlance with the tag Stalker I started with SLDF I remember Hammer after that disbanded we ended up forming Clan Burrock what great time I remember playing with Max, Murda Vic2020 and all the others, I also played in another league I cannot remember with Comstar with 1Better as the leader.
If anyone does wanna add me on discord Hurricane#2215

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users