my newly constructed battlemech cockpit!

245 replies to this topic

#181 BinaryDuck

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 191 posts
  • LocationBrazil

Posted 19 July 2012 - 07:13 AM

******* AWESOME!

#182 Buda

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 129 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationViña del Mar, Chile, Sol 3 (aka: Terra)

Posted 19 July 2012 - 07:16 AM

Posted Image

#183 employee24601

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 176 posts
  • LocationSydney, Australia

Posted 19 July 2012 - 08:34 AM

Aaaaah, vids are blocked where I am at the moment but thats looks amazing. Nice choices on the hardware too :P

#184 WarLiege

• PipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • 98 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 20 July 2012 - 11:59 AM

Very nice, like how you had made the use of space with the chair opening up threw back wall like that. Whole layout looks efficient and comfortable. Air ducts are nice feature as well. Great work!!

#185 Warguide

Rookie

• 4 posts

Posted 20 July 2012 - 12:06 PM

i am jealous

#186 Jag

• Pip
  • 15 posts
  • LocationSydney, Australia

Posted 20 July 2012 - 12:08 PM

AMAZING - great job wish i could have 1 too

#187 Reaperinc

Rookie

• Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 6 posts

Posted 20 July 2012 - 12:15 PM

Wow nice work.

#188 KAOSRAINS

Rookie

• 2 posts

Posted 20 July 2012 - 12:20 PM

I THINK ITS AWESOME...GOOD JOB HOPE TO SEE YOU ON THE BATTLEFIELD...

#189 TheHeater

• PipPipPip
  • 67 posts
  • LocationSan Francisco, CA

Posted 20 July 2012 - 12:26 PM

OH YEAAHHHHHHH!

#190 Thaeros the Eternal Guardian

• PipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 42 posts
  • LocationChattanooga, TN

Posted 20 July 2012 - 12:31 PM

wow, just wow dude. start a business doing that I know I want one xD

#191 HepatitisTK

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 173 posts
  • LocationSpace-Jello!

Posted 20 July 2012 - 12:34 PM

If this guy didnt get a beta invite for creating such a beautiful piece of art then there is something seriously wrong with this world. :)

#192 InADaze

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 114 posts

Posted 20 July 2012 - 12:39 PM

*Jaw Drop*
*Mind Blown*

#193 Isingdeath

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 211 posts

Posted 20 July 2012 - 12:40 PM

wow - I am speechless in an impressed good way. If I made that in my home my wife would be speechless too but not in any favorable way that is known to mankind.

Is that air conditioning vents in that room? Wow all over again.

Edited by Isingdeath, 20 July 2012 - 12:42 PM.

#194 Thaygood

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 172 posts
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationThe QC

Posted 20 July 2012 - 12:42 PM

View PostTurbo Corvair, on 01 April 2012 - 07:08 PM, said:

I've mentioned this project quite a bit the past couple weeks as I've been working on it and a few people asked that I show it off when it was ready so here it is!

The outside dimensions of the whole thing are only 6 feet wide by 4 feet 3 inches deep. Any ceiling height would be fine. I am only 5'8" which helps, the 4'3" depth would have to be increased a little to allow for a taller player. When I eventually move I'll rebuild it as a free standing unit. This build every inch counted to get it into a corner that wasn't quite big enough so I used two of the house walls. Still, I only put about 12 screw holes in the wall, nothing attached to the floor, and nothing attached to the ceiling.

The video is a little rough, but set it to the HD resolution on youtube anyway so you can see as much detail as possible.

For those who don't want to watch a video, best pic I could manage:
Posted Image
My newly constructed SimPit (simulator cockpit) primarily intended for the upcoming release of MechWarrior Online.

Some things I failed to mention in the video:

The flat area between the keyboard and monitor is there primarily to provide a good place to mount my Logitech MOMO racing wheel for racing games (also swap in the pedals). It also provides a good place to place drinks and snacks.

The mouse and G13 gamepad can easily be moved to behind the joystick and throttle for normal use. The video shows things where they will be when playing MWO.

My triple 28" monitors are set up with AMD Eyefinity, where I can span games across all three monitors when I want, giving me a wider field of view. This is particularly enjoyable when playing racing games.

There is an adjustable crossover mounted on the wall near my left foot that allows me to adjust the butt-kicker on the chair.

I mention the SteelSeries WoW Legendary mouse but not the reason I'm using it. It's an 11 button mouse where I find nearly all the buttons convenient and easy to use. The WoW mouse series are the ONLY ones I've seen with the buttons that are between the primary right and left click and the scroll wheel. I find these to be one of the best locations there is for extra mouse buttons and only these mice have them. Those two buttons are about 90% of the reason I bought this mouse. For those who have had one of the other WoW mice, the "legendary" seems to be of much better quality. It is considerably smaller than the others and at first I felt it was too small, but I quickly adapted.

The speaker setup mentioned (and the control shown) is a Logitech X540. The HOTAS and rudder pedal setup is a G940 flight control system. The Keyboard is a G19, and the gamepad (nostromo type thing) is a G13.
Lastly, I mentioned that I just replaced a Razer keyboard and Nostromo. The biggest problem with these was that the coating quickly wore off the keys which looked really horrible since they are backlit. I really liked them when new, but the fact that Razer considers this "normal wear and tear" bothers me. I've never before had a keyboard do that, and it is not acceptable to me.

Turbo...That is NUCKIN' FUTZ you did a great job on building my dream gamming cockpit...You Rock Dude

#195 earnest miller

Rookie

• The Wolf
  • The Wolf
  • 3 posts
  • Locationnebraska

Posted 20 July 2012 - 12:44 PM

that is cool! !!!!!!!! :)

#196 Zentraedi57

• PipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 53 posts

Posted 20 July 2012 - 12:47 PM

It brings tears to my eyes just looking at it. Beautiful!

#197 DeeSaster

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 284 posts
  • LocationBerlin, Germany

Posted 20 July 2012 - 01:11 PM

If you ever get that thing to kickstarter you can count me in, mate!

#198 Sparrow Ward

• PipPip
  • 22 posts

Posted 20 July 2012 - 01:24 PM

Very Awesome!

I do point out one flaw that I know my wife would exploit.... by placing something in the way of the castors and turning off a circuit breaker I would be required to do her will.

#199 Red5taR

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Partisan
  • The Partisan
  • 129 posts
  • LocationBY

Posted 20 July 2012 - 09:39 PM

Thats really amazing work you have done! Where your helmet? Can't touch this!
P.S. Mouse + keyboard using less human-energy at all.

#200 Sport

• PipPip
  • Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 24 posts
  • LocationFlorida

Posted 21 July 2012 - 05:02 AM

My friend, that is so freaking awesome!

hats off to you.

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users