10 replies to this topic

#1 Surtr

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 566 posts
  • LocationDropship Naglfar, Clan Front

Posted 28 October 2012 - 09:59 PM

How do you justify being mercs in the FRR (from a canon standpoint), you know, after the whole Ronin War merc hatred issue? Just wondering.

#2 Dihm

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,312 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • LocationPlanet Trondheim

Posted 29 October 2012 - 05:48 AM

I'll try the TL:DR version for our RP coverstory:

A group within the 22nd Rasalhague Regulars secretly joined the Tyr Rebellion, providing intel and guiding Kuritan forces in to an ambush before switching sides and gaining Lyran support to continue their activities. Skjaldborg is Rasalhaguian and was formed during the fight for independence, but instead of joining into the Kungsarme in '34, they stayed merc so they could have a bit more freedom (or do a bit of dirty work for the FRR so they didn't have to do it with official troops).

Also, from a canon stand point, the FRR actually DOES employ mercs, as their military is quite small and they need mercs to deal with the periphery pirates.

#3 Mythus

• PipPip
  • 42 posts

Posted 29 October 2012 - 07:18 AM

A good example of Mercs that work with a nations standing army or a government would be the French Foreign Legion. Like them we do the work that the regular military can't or will not do. Besides just because we carry the title of Mercenary dose not mean we fight for credits alone, some of us have a cause.

#4 Ulfried Tohrsson

• PipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • 39 posts
  • Locationeastgermany

Posted 31 October 2012 - 09:17 AM

Hello, have the Skjaldborg a German speaking Unit?
My best Friend and I ( Schilder Rasalhagues) searching for a group.

Regrads

Ulfried Tohrsson

#5 AlexEss

• FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 2,491 posts
  • Locationthe ol north

Posted 31 October 2012 - 02:41 PM

We do not have a specific german speaking unit but i am sure we have a few germans in our ranks. But the official language in the unit is english. to make things less complicated.

#6 Damon Howe

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Liquid Metal
  • Liquid Metal
  • 1,295 posts
  • LocationFree Rasalhague Republic - Exact Loc. Unknown

Posted 31 October 2012 - 05:22 PM

We do indeed have several Germans in our unit, but as AlexEss said, english is the primary language.

#7 Thorolf Kylesson

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 140 posts
  • LocationUtah

Posted 31 October 2012 - 07:50 PM

I was thinking of joining. however, there was the stipulation of regular attendence. This could prove problematic as I am in the military and deploy a bit.

#8 Ulfried Tohrsson

• PipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • 39 posts
  • Locationeastgermany

Posted 31 October 2012 - 11:39 PM

Thanks @ alex and damon, i will talk with my comrad.
Greetiings
Ulfried

#9 Dihm

• 3,312 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • LocationPlanet Trondheim

Posted 01 November 2012 - 01:30 PM

View PostThorolf Kylesson, on 31 October 2012 - 07:50 PM, said:

I was thinking of joining. however, there was the stipulation of regular attendence. This could prove problematic as I am in the military and deploy a bit.

We actually have a "Reserve" status that we use specifically for people who have that sort of situation. We have half a dozen active duty servicemembers I think. :)

As long as people tell us ahead of time when they'll be gone for a while, for whatever reason, we waive the "check the forums once a month" requirement.

Edited by Dihm, 01 November 2012 - 01:30 PM.

#10 Tarskin

• PipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 90 posts
  • LocationDen Haag, Nederland

Posted 07 November 2012 - 02:39 AM

We also have people from both the American timezones and the European timezones so finding a 'lance' of people that play at roughly the same time as you should not be an issue :P

@Thorolf: We don't make any issues out of things like that as long as you let people know, so you don't have to worry about that.

#11 fluffypinkbunny

Best Fluffy Bunny

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 583 posts

Posted 02 November 2013 - 11:41 PM

This is actually one of the reasons I joined the borg. Being a Kuritan who lived in FRR lands all my life, I decided neither government would take me, but the people of the FRR still needed defending. The People of both governments don't need hurt, so I wanted to join a unit that would be in both conflicts, and get a lot of movements. I watch the conflicts and make sure there are ... less casualties.

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users