Ask a Goon Mk. II

1890 replies to this topic

#21 Reverend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • 459 posts
  • LocationKAETETÔÃ

Posted 30 October 2012 - 08:13 AM

Dear goons, why does Rev shoot coyotes? And does he have a grudge against Clan Coyote?

#22 Grraarrgghh

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 829 posts
  • LocationCalgary, Alberta

Posted 30 October 2012 - 08:33 AM

View Postoctatonic, on 29 October 2012 - 04:51 PM, said:

Dear Mr The Other Goons: are there any good things about the website redesign?

I feel dirty browsing the forums as they currently stand. It's just...

offensive.

It reminds me of when all the big corporations started launching flash-based websites circa 1998/1999 and once (simple) navigable websites quickly because loadfests of muddy x-hip garbage.

This is the Pepsi Next of Mechwarrior forums.

#23 Adridos

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • 10,635 posts
  • LocationHiding in a cake, left in green city called New A... something.

Posted 30 October 2012 - 08:49 AM

Is it true goons dropped against a trial using PuG with their boats of poultricious quality and lost 3 mechs?

Stomping pugs is one thing, but this.... assuming this happened a few days later and those puggers actually had custom configs, there is a high chance I'd be here in shock looking at the amount of poultry on my plate. :unsure:

Also, tell Reverend trial mechs don't have repair bills. Somehow, he forgot about that tiny fact. :o

#24 Agincourt

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 277 posts

Posted 30 October 2012 - 09:11 AM

View PostAdridos, on 30 October 2012 - 08:49 AM, said:

Is it true goons dropped against a trial using PuG with their boats of poultricious quality and lost 3 mechs?

Stomping pugs is one thing, but this.... assuming this happened a few days later and those puggers actually had custom configs, there is a high chance I'd be here in shock looking at the amount of poultry on my plate. :unsure:

We have yet to locate 'god mode' within the game files, so accidents may happen.

Also, tell Reverend trial mechs don't have repair bills. Somehow, he forgot about that tiny fact. :o

Rev clearly assumed that the opposing team was made up of the same caliber of quality mechwarriors. When you primarily travel in affluent circles, you often make mistakes when addressing the servant classes.

#25 Reverend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • 459 posts
  • LocationKAETETÔÃ

Posted 30 October 2012 - 09:20 AM

View PostAgincourt, on 30 October 2012 - 09:11 AM, said:

Rev clearly assumed that the opposing team was made up of the same caliber of quality mechwarriors. When you primarily travel in affluent circles, you often make mistakes when addressing the servant classes.

Cleaning my own post up here. I assumed he had a real mech because he was such a "fanboy" of the game. Anyways we were running a newbird lance, I also made sure to strip him of every last component. He's clearly upset about it.

Edited by Reverend, 30 October 2012 - 09:27 AM.

#26 Adridos

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • 10,635 posts
  • LocationHiding in a cake, left in green city called New A... something.

Posted 30 October 2012 - 09:36 AM

View PostReverend, on 30 October 2012 - 09:20 AM, said:

Cleaning my own post up here. I assumed he had a real mech because he was such a "fanboy" of the game. Anyways we were running a newbird lance, I also made sure to strip him of every last component. He's clearly upset about it.

Upset? :o

You tried to troll me and trolled yourself twice in a row. Hardly anything I should be upset about. Posted Image Posted Image

Edited by Adridos, 30 October 2012 - 09:38 AM.

#27 Grraarrgghh

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 829 posts

Posted 30 October 2012 - 09:44 AM

View PostAdridos, on 30 October 2012 - 09:36 AM, said:

Upset? :rolleyes:

You tried to troll me and trolled yourself twice in a row. Hardly anything I should be upset about. Posted Image Posted Image

Man, you're lucky you ain't a coyote.

#28 Shibas

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 250 posts

Posted 30 October 2012 - 09:45 AM

View PostGrraarrgghh, on 30 October 2012 - 09:44 AM, said:

Man, you're lucky you ain't a coyote.

or a bottle of alcohol, he tends to kill both pretty efficiently.

#29 Reverend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • 459 posts
  • LocationKAETETÔÃ

Posted 30 October 2012 - 09:51 AM

Got a bottle of Jameson sitting here with my coffee, it goes down great.

#30 Agincourt

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 277 posts

Posted 30 October 2012 - 10:44 AM

View PostReverend, on 30 October 2012 - 09:20 AM, said:

It's hardly unexpected that he is stuck with a loaned mech, given that children cannot own property.

#31 Reverend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • 459 posts
  • LocationKAETETÔÃ

Posted 30 October 2012 - 10:50 AM

View PostAgincourt, on 30 October 2012 - 10:44 AM, said:

It's hardly unexpected that he is stuck with a loaned mech, given that children cannot own property.

I am slightly confused on why he thinks I've been trolled but yeah, children and all.

#32 Amechwarrior

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • 729 posts
  • LocationHawaii

Posted 30 October 2012 - 11:34 AM

Just to chime in on Goon losses. This happens most commonly after hours of pub-stomping. We actually grow more and more complacent and feel our manly powers surging until we feel we have not killed enough. This leads to us trying to steal kills back from Warhaw or more fatally- idle chatting in combat about P2Wang or bad forum users to the point to where we forget to work as a team. If anything, Complacency is our biggest enemy. Also re-posting this for the new thread:

Edited by Amechwarrior, 30 October 2012 - 12:42 PM.

#33 CeeKay Boques

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 3,371 posts
  • LocationYes

Posted 30 October 2012 - 11:35 AM

I sense your intelligence... its a nice collection.

My question is this: Why do you use your collected intelligence to cause negativity and harm, merely to delight yourselves? I guess the question is, why are you so selfish?

The acutal power of collected consciousness, is a power, illusion or not. Take something as simple as "Alt F4" fun. So far you've had 800+ people "that we've recorded" to have a little bit worse day. Out of those 800 I would guess that 10 of them actually thought it was funny, or had some positive feeling from it. I guess my question is why not try to help them have a better day instead? Wholesome humor sprinkled with your own brand of raw culture. Humor is easier when you are picking on someone, its fast and easy and feeds in to the cheetoh finger philosophy. The collected wit you have though... I'm not trying to get into "suppressive persons" BS... but why negative instead of postiive? Because its easier?

We DO have limited entertainment electrons, you should not use those to stip the hippocampus!
http://www.inc.com/m...your-brain.html

All that said, you guys pretty rationally look at MWO, and my own brain has been damaged by the negativity of posts of players, far more than any goon post. In fact, your conduct on the forums has been fairly benign and semi helpful, though the few times your ire was stirred, you gelled together like some Ghibli tar monster.

So why don't you use your powers for good?

#34 Grraarrgghh

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 829 posts

Posted 30 October 2012 - 11:43 AM

View PostTechnoviking, on 30 October 2012 - 11:35 AM, said:

We do.

For the good of goons, and goonkind.

Why try to make 350,000 troglodytes happy, when we can focus on just the ~1,000 or so goons playing?

#35 Ter Ushaka

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 600 posts
  • LocationGnomeregan, Dun Morogh

Posted 30 October 2012 - 11:45 AM

Goons DID help them to have a better day, by seperating them from the game, and teaching them a valuable lesson in the process. If anything Goons are teaching pubbies to not be horrible, one person at a time. That truely is using their powers for good!

However such an effort, however noble, is really just running against the wind.

Edited by Ter Ushaka, 30 October 2012 - 11:46 AM.

#36 Lemniscate

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 147 posts

Posted 30 October 2012 - 11:51 AM

What you don't understand Technoviking, is that it is Us or Them, we can't both benefit. For us to win others have to lose, there is no peace and cooperation in this world or in MWO. Conflict is the only true virtue.

#37 JustMe SR

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 150 posts
  • LocationYou won't find (on map), even after I would told you.

Posted 30 October 2012 - 11:55 AM

Dear Goons I've got couple (4) questions and 1 explanation.

1st: Can you explain Ter Ushaka he can't like all of your posts?
2nd: Do Goons actualy need other Goons to like their posts?
3rd: Do Goons feel upset, because noone except Goons like their posts?
4th: Is that you think you are birds cased by mental illness? B)

And now for the explanation.
You said "I am slightly confused on why he thinks I've been trolled.".
It's not really true. He doesn't think it. He never wrote here, that he thinks it.

Edit:
"Atroll is looking for a reaction. Generally, they will post something completely inflammatory and sit back and watch people flip out."

"...sit back and watch Reverend flip out..."....what he did.
"flip out."...what Reverend did. ;)

Edited by JustMe SR, 30 October 2012 - 12:09 PM.

#38 Agincourt

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 277 posts

Posted 30 October 2012 - 12:09 PM

Surely you've noticed the near-constant complaint threads on these forums. Every step forwards in the game is 'THE END OF MECHWARRIOR AS WE KNOW IT' to someone else, and every temporary bug is 'HORRIBLE, GIVE ME MY MONEY BACK'. Even if we wanted to become the caretakers for so many pubbies (we do not), it would be an impossible and sisyphean task.

#39 Amechwarrior

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • 729 posts
  • LocationHawaii

Posted 30 October 2012 - 12:22 PM

View PostJustMe SR, on 30 October 2012 - 11:55 AM, said:

1st: Can you explain Ter Ushaka he can't like all of your posts?
2nd: Do Goons actualy need other Goons to like their posts?
3rd: Do Goons feel upset, because noone except Goons like their posts?
4th: Is that you think you are birds cased by mental illness? ;)

Actually we don't need goons to like other goon posts. If we could get access to the old Beta-Feeback threads you would see that many, many goon ideas are backed by both other large teams and pubs alike. Pringlescan's massive community warfare posts in general discussion was greatly received by all but those with previous goon-grudge. The majority of the likes on my account are probably normal forum users, sure goons might be the single largest contributors but clearly not the only ones. This thread is the exception, it's our thread. We're here, we are the target audience and are the majority of viewers. This is the place for us to like each others posts the same as any teams thread on the forums. As for liking your own posts, nothing on here says we can't do it. Some do it to make others angry and post about it in threads on internet robot forums.

#40 Reverend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • 459 posts
  • LocationKAETETÔÃ

Posted 30 October 2012 - 12:24 PM

Here, I'll brighten everyone's day.

Edit:

So my Wife and friends got me an early birthday gift.
Posted Image

Thats an expensive bottle..... George I know you're hanging around, what do you think I should do? Save it or drink the hell out of this.

Edited by Reverend, 30 October 2012 - 12:29 PM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users