1890 replies to this topic

#61 Banned

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 399 posts
  • LocationLocation Location

Posted 31 October 2012 - 10:09 AM

View PostJustMe SR, on 31 October 2012 - 08:43 AM, said:

You want to prove questions wrong? ;)

Did you know that it is impossible to lie/be wrong in the format of a question?

#62 Lemniscate

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 147 posts

Posted 31 October 2012 - 10:25 AM

View PostBanned, on 31 October 2012 - 10:09 AM, said:

Certainly not impossible to be stupid in the form of a question however.

#63 wanderer

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Civil Servant
  • Civil Servant
  • 11,152 posts
  • LocationStomping around in a giant robot, of course.

Posted 31 October 2012 - 10:40 AM

Last night, I had a game where the chat feature was endlessly spammed with variations on "Squaaawk", though I didn't recognize any of the funny bird noises as the Tetatae I know. Has putting crazed, hungry birdmen on an open mike become a Goon tactic, or do we just need to slip some more sunflower seeds into the "budgie budget" next month? Is there a polite phrase I can use to let them know "Hey, I'm on the wrong side here but really, I'm friendly"?

Millet-arily speaking,

Wanderer

#64 Grraarrgghh

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 829 posts
  • LocationCalgary, Alberta

Posted 31 October 2012 - 10:42 AM

View Postwanderer, on 31 October 2012 - 10:40 AM, said:

Last night, I had a game where the chat feature was endlessly spammed with variations on "Squaaawk", though I didn't recognize any of the funny bird noises as the Tetatae I know. Has putting crazed, hungry birdmen on an open mike become a Goon tactic, or do we just need to slip some more sunflower seeds into the "budgie budget" next month? Is there a polite phrase I can use to let them know "Hey, I'm on the wrong side here but really, I'm friendly"?

Millet-arily speaking,

Wanderer

Endless spamming seems a bit out of character.

Tetatae use our SQUAAAWK as a greeting to new combatants, and perhaps as a cry of triumph after they have fallen.

During the course of the match however, we are too busy extracting pubbie tears to squawk.

#65 wanderer

• Civil Servant
  • Civil Servant
  • 11,152 posts

Posted 31 October 2012 - 10:49 AM

View PostGrraarrgghh, on 31 October 2012 - 10:42 AM, said:

Endless spamming seems a bit out of character.

Tetatae use our SQUAAAWK as a greeting to new combatants, and perhaps as a cry of triumph after they have fallen.

During the course of the match however, we are too busy extracting pubbie tears to squawk.

That's what I expected. If I see this happening again, I'll write down the offending wanna-birdies names and pop a few bytes of data over Ander's way. They were using far more LRMs than I expect from any proper Goon group as well, unless that policy's changed lately?

#66 Lemniscate

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 147 posts

Posted 31 October 2012 - 11:08 AM

Millet-arily speaking,

Wanderer

The standard (and often times recognized) way of communicating that you are friendly is to shoot any commandos on your team and power down.

#67 Vactus

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Cub
  • The Cub
  • 876 posts

Posted 31 October 2012 - 11:11 AM

Do the Goons hope that when collisions are fixed that they can punt Commandos with Atlai?

#68 Tetatae Squawkins

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,028 posts
  • LocationSweet Home Kaetetôã

Posted 31 October 2012 - 11:37 AM

You ever watched Fox News?

#69 dal10

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • 4,525 posts
  • Locationsomewhere near a bucket of water and the gates of hell.

Posted 31 October 2012 - 11:42 AM

did you know that the weight of all data on the internet weighs about the same as a single strawberry?

Posted Image

#70 Chronojam

• 2,185 posts

Posted 31 October 2012 - 12:30 PM

Millet-arily speaking,

Wanderer

It's partly the discretion of the lance leaders, partly the indescretion of the group members. For example, when we begin the match with a cunning ruse, we'll ask that others refrain from bird calls. We don't want to tip our hand with an ill-timed Squawk or Wark. Sometimes while calling targets and tactics, I will explicitly request that our pilots squawk up.

There's no good way to indicate you're a friend, and no good chance a skeptical commander won't order you to be shot anyhow, but making your intentions and affiliations clear (use your imagination here) and powering down (or joining us in a dance-off) will go a long way. Posting in this thread can also be helpful.

#71 Ken Fury

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,016 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 31 October 2012 - 01:16 PM

It's quite possible.
e.g. "What do you think of the Green Sun we have ?"

#72 Banned

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 399 posts
  • LocationLocation Location

Posted 31 October 2012 - 03:34 PM

Aparently I was not sarcastic enough in my previous post.

#73 Adridos

• Bridesmaid
  • 10,635 posts
  • LocationHiding in a cake, left in green city called New A... something.

Posted 31 October 2012 - 03:57 PM

Why do you hate Commandos? Is it a phobia of the tatitotetata...something you are playing as?

#74 Nekki Basara

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 921 posts
  • LocationDublin

Posted 31 October 2012 - 04:18 PM

Explaining our hatred of Commandos or, as we know them, "the metal babbys" is a bannable offence. I'm afraid we can't do that.

#75 Adridos

• Bridesmaid
  • 10,635 posts
  • LocationHiding in a cake, left in green city called New A... something.

Posted 31 October 2012 - 04:46 PM

View PostNekki Basara, on 31 October 2012 - 04:18 PM, said:

Explaining our hatred of Commandos or, as we know them, "the metal babbys" is a bannable offence. I'm afraid we can't do that.

But I mean. Something along the lines of Commando (cheap, but numerous) made goons famous all over the gaming "world", so why the hate? Does it have something to do with earlier build Commandos (trollmando going above 200kp/h, flamer builds, etc.)?

#76 Amechwarrior

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • 729 posts
  • LocationHawaii

Posted 31 October 2012 - 05:50 PM

View PostAdridos, on 31 October 2012 - 04:46 PM, said:

But I mean. Something along the lines of Commando (cheap, but numerous) made goons famous all over the gaming "world", so why the hate? Does it have something to do with earlier build Commandos (trollmando going above 200kp/h, flamer builds, etc.)?

You lack the important part of why cheap things won. They're not numerous when everyone is 8v8. Though the old-school salmon runs were fun and I'm sure we will bring them back once we have more cash then we know what to do with.

#77 wanderer

• Civil Servant
  • Civil Servant
  • 11,152 posts

Posted 31 October 2012 - 06:57 PM

View PostLemniscate, on 31 October 2012 - 11:08 AM, said:

The standard (and often times recognized) way of communicating that you are friendly is to shoot any commandos on your team and power down.

Oh, I know those. It's just that the "birds" didn't seem very Goon-like. You can ask the A-team what happened the last time I saw Chronojam pre-OB in a match group. Besides, my usual recognition signal involves shooting any non-Goons in the area and then telling about it in proper VR tradition.

View PostChronojam, on 31 October 2012 - 12:30 PM, said:

There's no good way to indicate you're a friend, and no good chance a skeptical commander won't order you to be shot anyhow, but making your intentions and affiliations clear (use your imagination here) and powering down (or joining us in a dance-off) will go a long way. Posting in this thread can also be helpful.

My -RS. That Gausscat. Caustic Valley. Spark any memories? :D

Edited by wanderer, 31 October 2012 - 06:59 PM.

#78 Nekki Basara

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 921 posts
  • LocationDublin

Posted 31 October 2012 - 08:16 PM

View PostAdridos, on 31 October 2012 - 04:46 PM, said:

Dude. It's a joke. If we refuse to answer a question and make vague references to horrible things then it's a joke.

#79 Milkman Luke

• PipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 65 posts
  • Location407

Posted 31 October 2012 - 09:54 PM

^^^ What he said, Adrios. Short answer: Commandos are tragic, fragile creatures...like dying moths or harlequin babies.

#80 Chronojam

• 2,185 posts

Posted 01 November 2012 - 12:58 AM

View Postwanderer, on 31 October 2012 - 06:57 PM, said:

Oh, I know those. It's just that the "birds" didn't seem very Goon-like. You can ask the A-team what happened the last time I saw Chronojam pre-OB in a match group. Besides, my usual recognition signal involves shooting any non-Goons in the area and then telling about it in proper VR tradition.

My -RS. That Gausscat. Caustic Valley. Spark any memories? :rolleyes:

He was furious. He wasn't sure who to be furious at, but he was furious.

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users