[Guide] Why you should love Zombie Wang! (A C-Bill grinding guide to the Yen Lo Wang)

134 replies to this topic

#21 Kmieciu

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Urban Commando
  • Urban Commando
  • 3,437 posts
  • LocationPoland

Posted 30 October 2012 - 02:13 AM

Don`t know if you noticed, but not repairing your destroyed engine does not effect your speed or the heat dissipation. And you cannot die from a critical engine hit, either.
The only way to die is to lose all of the internal structure points. And structure is dirt heap. So repair the internal structure and armor for the torso, and leave the engine at 25%.
Damaged items does not matter either: a laser at 25% repair state functions exactly the same as a undamaged one.
Even if they core you, you won`t spend more than a 1000 C-bills on repairs!

Edited by Kmieciu, 30 October 2012 - 02:14 AM.

#22 Wizard Steve

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,053 posts

Posted 30 October 2012 - 02:16 AM

It's certainly innovative but in a team game, I can't help thinking that it's a little selfish.

#23 Kmieciu

• Urban Commando
  • Urban Commando
  • 3,437 posts
  • LocationPoland

Posted 30 October 2012 - 02:18 AM

It`s no more selfish than to take an AC/20 as a main weapon and loose it 2 minutes into a match.

#24 Apoc1138

• 1,708 posts
  • LocationUK

Posted 30 October 2012 - 02:26 AM

View PostWizard Steve, on 30 October 2012 - 02:16 AM, said:

It's certainly innovative but in a team game, I can't help thinking that it's a little selfish.

this build is fast, can target for LRM boats, and is a good heavier armour light tackler / interceptor
an AC20 is all well and good for taking on heavies and assaults but you're then a light armoured walking gun waiting to get shredded all too quickly... a light harrasing medium is actually not a bad idea

#25 Vechs

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 807 posts

Posted 30 October 2012 - 02:30 AM

View PostWizard Steve, on 30 October 2012 - 02:16 AM, said:

It's an effective build that can dish out some damage. I believe it's more valuable to a team than a Centurion / Hunchback that loses it's AC20 so quickly and then is useless.

Worst case scenario, it's at least as good as any of the trial mechs. (But I think it's a lot better... You have to factor in, with the sinks to just spam the lasers constantly, you're getting 100% of the DPS potential, which quickly adds up over the course of a fight. Trial mechs don't begin to get 100% of the potential DPS out of their load outs.)

#26 Wizard Steve

• 1,053 posts

Posted 30 October 2012 - 02:35 AM

Don't get me wrong, I'm gonna try it :)

#27 Vechs

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 807 posts

Posted 30 October 2012 - 02:46 AM

I'll have to try a single ER Large on the Zombie Wang and see just how annoying I can be with it. :3

#28 Bagua

• PipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 94 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 30 October 2012 - 03:15 AM

View PostKmieciu, on 30 October 2012 - 02:18 AM, said:

It`s no more selfish than to take an AC/20 as a main weapon and loose it 2 minutes into a match.

Well, it has nothing to do with selfishness it has to do with the character of the game. If you have an opportunity to destroy a main weapon-slot with a big hitbox and gimp a Mech easily this should be done with priority like ...
  • in a fight against a Centurion rip off the main weapon arm
  • when you face a Hunchback destroy the big shoulder hitbox
  • shoot off the missle-pods of a non K-variant of the Catapult when it got Streaks (or even LRM)
  • amputate the nasty gun(s) in a Dragon's arm
Are the pilots of those Mechs selfish because they have an obvious weakness? Well than we all should maybe play Atlas/Atlasses/Atlii/Atlas' with well protected main weapon slots and ask Piranha to remove all speedy Mechs from the game - Welcome to Atlas-Online.

Edited by Bagua, 30 October 2012 - 03:23 AM.

#29 Wizard Steve

• 1,053 posts

Posted 30 October 2012 - 03:15 AM

LOL! I just got 5 kills with 482 damage. I still had both my lasers at the end of the round!

#30 Vechs

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 807 posts

Posted 30 October 2012 - 03:18 AM

View PostVechs, on 30 October 2012 - 02:46 AM, said:

I'll have to try a single ER Large on the Zombie Wang and see just how annoying I can be with it. :3

Don't bother, it's terrible. Stick with the twin Medium Pulses. :)

View PostWizard Steve, on 30 October 2012 - 03:15 AM, said:

LOL! I just got 5 kills with 482 damage. I still had both my lasers at the end of the round!

Yay! Join your fellow zombies!

Brrraaaaaaaaaiiiinnnssssss...

#31 Bagua

• PipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 94 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 30 October 2012 - 03:32 AM

View PostWizard Steve, on 30 October 2012 - 03:15 AM, said:

Amazing, isn't it? Last week I often had similar experiences with YLW. The AC was long gone, the mech was nearly wrecked but still standing at the end of the round and both lasers did their job very well. :)

#32 Kmieciu

• Urban Commando
  • Urban Commando
  • 3,437 posts
  • LocationPoland

Posted 30 October 2012 - 03:33 AM

Do you know how much ammo is rearmed for free?
Because a zombie Centurion would be more beneficial for the team if it had free AMS.

PS:
Medium Pulse Lasers are THE best brawling energy weapon. You can put 12 points of damage in 0,75 seconds exactly where you want it. You can even go for cockpit **** when fighting a catapult!

Edited by Kmieciu, 30 October 2012 - 03:35 AM.

#33 Vechs

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 807 posts

Posted 30 October 2012 - 03:40 AM

475, 4 kills, 3 assists.

My best match so far.

I kept saying "braaaaaiiinnssss" in chat the whole match.

Need to do that more often... >.>

#34 Kravity

• PipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 36 posts
  • LocationTrondheim

Posted 30 October 2012 - 03:57 AM

View PostVechs, on 30 October 2012 - 03:40 AM, said:

I kept saying "braaaaaiiinnssss" in chat the whole match.

Since a Mech's pilot is essentially its brain, wouldn't it be more appropriate to say Piiiiilllooooooottsss...? :)

#35 Youngblood

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 604 posts
  • LocationGMT -6

Posted 30 October 2012 - 04:15 AM

Gimmicky, but effective. I'd say this build could also be used with a Founder's Catapult, with additional TAG in one of the side torsos for extra utility.

#36 Bagua

• PipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 94 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 30 October 2012 - 04:47 AM

View PostYoungblood, on 30 October 2012 - 04:15 AM, said:

Gimmicky, but effective. I'd say this build could also be used with a Founder's Catapult, with additional TAG in one of the side torsos for extra utility.

I tried this yesterday and ripped out the 300 engine out of the atlas to put it into the Cat. The main problem of the Cat is to huge center torsor and the easy to hit cockpit. But anyway, it is an option.

#37 Wizard Steve

• 1,053 posts

Posted 30 October 2012 - 04:51 AM

If you install an AMS, the ammo get's reloaded up to 75% (750 rounds) for free.

#38 Kmieciu

• Urban Commando
  • Urban Commando
  • 3,437 posts
  • LocationPoland

Posted 30 October 2012 - 04:59 AM

So if you are a free user take CN9-AL, install STD260 engine (the biggest you can), and an AMS with 1 tonne of ammo and 2 small lasers in the hand. You`ll shield your team against LRMs and you can dish out additional damage before the shoot of your arms!

Edited by Kmieciu, 30 October 2012 - 05:00 AM.

#39 Honelith

• PipPipPip
  • 59 posts

Posted 30 October 2012 - 06:40 AM

Shh. Not so loud, don't want it getting nerfed. ;)

#40 Derring-Do

• PipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • 54 posts

Posted 30 October 2012 - 08:36 AM

Why the Centurion (for free players), over the Cicada 2A? Is it the hitbox size? Does the extra 10 tons not allow enough HS?

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users