Excel Mech Lab V1.80.4 (Updated 9/03/13) Now With Pheonix Inc Saber

398 replies to this topic

#21 Kryptic57

• PipPipPip
  • 55 posts

Posted 31 October 2012 - 12:53 PM

Several of the calculations for FF armor, heat sinks, and bonus engine heat sinks are off. Other than that great job

#22 Steelpredator

• PipPipPip
  • 51 posts

Posted 31 October 2012 - 12:55 PM

ARRRRR.... am using OOO

anyway thx for your effort :D

#23 3rdworld

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,562 posts

Posted 31 October 2012 - 01:25 PM

View PostKryptic57, on 31 October 2012 - 12:53 PM, said:

Several of the calculations for FF armor, heat sinks, and bonus engine heat sinks are off. Other than that great job

Sorry I did not know how they would round the Armor/ton. I tested it and have corrected the formulas to show the 36/ton.

Can you check again and let me know?

Also the I had updated the HS earlier, can you check that again as well?

#24 TostitoBandito

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 172 posts
  • LocationWashington, USA

Posted 31 October 2012 - 05:36 PM

Looks like double heat sinks are not functional in TTOH, so far as I can tell. Not sure if this is intentional or not.

On a stripped Atlas with just 10 engine heatsinks I add a large laser. The TTOH value goes to 83.49. I then add one single heatsink. The TTOH value goes to 111.24. If I remove that heatsink, enable double heatsinks, and then add one double heatsink, I end up with the same value of 111.24. This value should be 162.89, if it were treating a double heatsink the same as two single heatsinks.

Note that even in the current game double heat sinks are at least functional aside from the 10 that come with the engine. At first I thought you might've designed this to mirror the broken double heatsinks we have now, but it looks like they don't work at all in the spreadsheet.

Thanks!

#25 Mordin Ashe

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,505 posts

Posted 01 November 2012 - 03:36 AM

Love it! +1

#26 AlexWildeagle

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • 549 posts
  • LocationPhiladelphia, PA

Posted 01 November 2012 - 04:52 AM

Getting the oddest thing. Downloaded 1.7, any mech I choose no matter what variant. When I go to do the loadout all slots show ferrous-fibrous and nothing else?

deleted both 1.6 and 1.7 off my computer and downloaded 1.70 again. Still only get FF?!?

Edited by AlexWildeagle, 01 November 2012 - 05:04 AM.

#27 TheSilentKnight

Rookie

• Knight Errant
  • 5 posts

Posted 01 November 2012 - 05:06 AM

View PostAlexWildeagle, on 01 November 2012 - 04:52 AM, said:

Getting the oddest thing. Downloaded 1.7, any mech I choose no matter what variant. When I go to do the loadout all slots show ferrous-fibrous and nothing else?

deleted both 1.6 and 1.7 off my computer and downloaded 1.70 again. Still only get FF?!?

Getting the same thing. Thought I might just be missing something.

#28 3rdworld

• 3,562 posts

Posted 01 November 2012 - 05:11 AM

View PostAlexWildeagle, on 01 November 2012 - 04:52 AM, said:

View PostTheSilentKnight, on 01 November 2012 - 05:06 AM, said:

Getting the same thing. Thought I might just be missing something.

The Sheet forces you to place all FF/ES criticals before you can put in equipment, it is just a safeguard to ensure all crits are used. If you do not want FF/ES there is a drop down located & S17 that contains the 3 current upgrades, select Standard if you want to remove the FF/ES.

Note: It will no delete any current ES/FF crits you have placed. It is a technical limitation of how I implemented the drop downs. Long story short, I don't yet know enough about VBA to write a box to do this.

Edited by 3rdworld, 01 November 2012 - 05:17 AM.

#29 3rdworld

• 3,562 posts

Posted 01 November 2012 - 05:15 AM

New version today, I wish I could say it has some new functionality, but it is just fixes. I knew that 1.70 would have some issues because of adding pilot skills and extra engine HS, but I apologize it has been so many.

Mech Lab v1.71.xlsm

View PostTostitoBandito, on 31 October 2012 - 05:36 PM, said:

Looks like double heat sinks are not functional in TTOH, so far as I can tell. Not sure if this is intentional or not.

On a stripped Atlas with just 10 engine heatsinks I add a large laser. The TTOH value goes to 83.49. I then add one single heatsink. The TTOH value goes to 111.24. If I remove that heatsink, enable double heatsinks, and then add one double heatsink, I end up with the same value of 111.24. This value should be 162.89, if it were treating a double heatsink the same as two single heatsinks.

Note that even in the current game double heat sinks are at least functional aside from the 10 that come with the engine. At first I thought you might've designed this to mirror the broken double heatsinks we have now, but it looks like they don't work at all in the spreadsheet.

Thanks!

I think I got it. When I changed the HS to display as the mechlab does, it did not double the efficiency of the Double HS. It should be correct now.

Note: With doubles I am assuming they do not increase your heat capacity by 2.

#30 Kryptic57

• PipPipPip
  • 55 posts

Posted 01 November 2012 - 05:28 AM

View Post3rdworld, on 31 October 2012 - 01:25 PM, said:

Sorry I did not know how they would round the Armor/ton. I tested it and have corrected the formulas to show the 36/ton.

Can you check again and let me know?

Also the I had updated the HS earlier, can you check that again as well?

From v1.7 downloaded off of google drive:

Engines: When adding an engine it updates the heatsinks per engine rating/25 (325 = 13 HS) which is incorrect. Due to this the total number of HS calculation is off when bonus HS are included. All engines have a number of heatsinks = engine rating/25 up to a max of 10. After 250's they get one bonus HS "space" for every 25 rating.

Bonus Heatsinks: It appears that the weight of the bonus heatsinks is rolled into the engine which is not correct. It should add weight when bonus HS's are added not before.

Armor: Slightly off on calculations. Seems like you took 1/36 out to too small a number of significant digits (my guess is .0277). Try replacing the value with (1/36) should clear it up

e^^^ Above is all fixed in 1.71. New problem: Double HS is adding only 1 HS to the total instead of 2. Double HS do increase heat capacity by 2

Edited by Kryptic57, 01 November 2012 - 05:39 AM.

#31 3rdworld

• 3,562 posts

Posted 01 November 2012 - 05:39 AM

View PostKryptic57, on 01 November 2012 - 05:28 AM, said:

From v1.7 downloaded off of google drive:

Engines: When adding an engine it updates the heatsinks per engine rating/25 (325 = 13 HS) which is incorrect. Due to this the total number of HS calculation is off when bonus HS are included. All engines have a number of heatsinks = engine rating/25 up to a max of 10. After 250's they get one bonus HS "space" for every 25 rating.

Bonus Heatsinks: It appears that the weight of the bonus heatsinks is rolled into the engine which is not correct. It should add weight when bonus HS's are added not before.

Armor: Slightly off on calculations. Seems like you took 1/36 out to too small a number of significant digits (my guess is .0277). Try replacing the value with (1/36) should clear it up

^^^ Yes Double HS do increase heat capacity by 2

Sorry, I meant if you would re-download and check again. I think I knocked these out. I was using 35.84 as the armor/ton for FF as it is 32x1.12, but they rounded it to 36. That is why my FF calcs were off. I think I fixed these last night. I put all the corrections in a new file, so hopefully this isn't an issue.

Also: Rofl, I actually did use 1/36 because of the repeater. Guess great minds think alike?

Edited by 3rdworld, 01 November 2012 - 05:41 AM.

#32 Dandyman

• PipPipPip
  • 69 posts
  • LocationCentral PA

Posted 01 November 2012 - 05:39 AM

Thank you very much for this. I love it.

#33 Drenzul

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 256 posts

Posted 01 November 2012 - 05:43 AM

Very nice, only question is it calculating the heat/times based on how Doubles SHOULD work, or how they are currently working? Thanks

#34 3rdworld

• 3,562 posts

Posted 01 November 2012 - 06:06 AM

View PostDrenzul, on 01 November 2012 - 05:43 AM, said:

Very nice, only question is it calculating the heat/times based on how Doubles SHOULD work, or how they are currently working? Thanks

They are using singles on the engine and doubles in the chassis if you have them. So I guess how they are working, not how they are supposed to work.

#35 3rdworld

• 3,562 posts

Posted 01 November 2012 - 06:31 AM

Does anyone remember what the universal speed limit is in game? I am wanting to add some sort of notification when you mech will go faster than the limit suggesting you downsize the engine.

I thought it was 140, but can anyone verify?

Edited by 3rdworld, 01 November 2012 - 06:31 AM.

#36 Marzepans

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 273 posts

Posted 01 November 2012 - 07:21 AM

Sticky!

#37 GODzillaGSPB

• 2,028 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 01 November 2012 - 07:38 AM

Hi,

nice to see continous work on this excellent tool. ;)

Quick question: So currently the Excel-Mechlab mimics the bug that in-engine-DHS are not counted as DHS, right?

#38 3rdworld

• 3,562 posts

Posted 01 November 2012 - 07:48 AM

View PostGODzillaGSPB, on 01 November 2012 - 07:38 AM, said:

Hi,

nice to see continous work on this excellent tool. ;)

Quick question: So currently the Excel-Mechlab mimics the bug that in-engine-DHS are not counted as DHS, right?

Correct

#39 ZodiacX

• PipPipPip
  • 58 posts

Posted 01 November 2012 - 08:01 AM

Suggestion:
When Ferro or Endo is turned on have the logic check for empty crit cells.
If empty, change to ferro or endo slot depending until all required slots filled.
If user manually changes a cell occupied by ferro or endo, re-add to new empty slot if available.
If no empty slots for required structure, flag as unbuildable.

This will remove the need to manually place all of the structure.

#40 GODzillaGSPB

• 2,028 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 01 November 2012 - 08:08 AM

View Post3rdworld, on 01 November 2012 - 07:48 AM, said:

Correct

Well to be honest I hope it stays that way. Getting 8 to 12 DHS for free will make boating so much easier. At least the way it is now it forces people to place some external DHS. When they change it, you'd need no external DHS at all (though the game forces you to get at least one...which will then feel just unfair because it's unnecessary). For many builds (laser-boats excluded) this will practically eradicate heat as a limiting factor. ;)

But...I guess PGI already said they will make it so that in-engine HS will all become DHS. Too bad.

Edited by GODzillaGSPB, 01 November 2012 - 08:08 AM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users