Excel Mech Lab V1.80.4 (Updated 9/03/13) Now With Pheonix Inc Saber

398 replies to this topic

#41 3rdworld

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,562 posts

Posted 01 November 2012 - 09:05 AM

View PostZodiacX, on 01 November 2012 - 08:01 AM, said:

Suggestion:
When Ferro or Endo is turned on have the logic check for empty crit cells.
If empty, change to ferro or endo slot depending until all required slots filled.
If user manually changes a cell occupied by ferro or endo, re-add to new empty slot if available.
If no empty slots for required structure, flag as unbuildable.

This will remove the need to manually place all of the structure.

I have started on V1.72 that will come out when the next patch is here. It will remove the requirements to place FF/ES crits. Instead it will have a crit counter, if you go over the number of crits it will turn the whole build red to show it is invalid, similar to the sheets reaction to placing to large a weapon in a location.

I would love to be able to do something like you suggest, but it would require the use of VBA that is well above my abilities. My solution isn't quite as eloquent but I hope it will suffice.

#42 TostitoBandito

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 172 posts
  • LocationWashington, USA

Posted 01 November 2012 - 10:02 AM

View Post3rdworld, on 01 November 2012 - 06:06 AM, said:

They are using singles on the engine and doubles in the chassis if you have them. So I guess how they are working, not how they are supposed to work.

Just to clarify, does your spreadsheet calculate the engine heatsinks as singles even when DHS is selected, as it currently is (broken) in the game? Or, does it model DHS correctly and count the engine heatsinks as doubles when DHS is enabled? I ask because I'm trying to setup builds for after they fix DHS next week, and would like the spreadhseet to model that accurately if possible.

Thanks!

#43 3rdworld

• 3,562 posts

Posted 01 November 2012 - 11:41 AM

View PostTostitoBandito, on 01 November 2012 - 10:02 AM, said:

Just to clarify, does your spreadsheet calculate the engine heatsinks as singles even when DHS is selected, as it currently is (broken) in the game? Or, does it model DHS correctly and count the engine heatsinks as doubles when DHS is enabled? I ask because I'm trying to setup builds for after they fix DHS next week, and would like the spreadhseet to model that accurately if possible.

Thanks!

The current spreadsheet does not double engine heat sink values. For all purposes Engines function completely like single heatsinks.

Check you PMs.

#44 SquareSphere

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,656 posts
  • LocationIn your clouds, stealing your thunder

Posted 01 November 2012 - 12:13 PM

View Post3rdworld, on 01 November 2012 - 09:05 AM, said:

I would love to be able to do something like you suggest, but it would require the use of VBA that is well above my abilities. My solution isn't quite as eloquent but I hope it will suffice.

I do VBA what exactly are you trying to do? Honestly it's not hard to pick up and I'm always in awe of folks that do all this stuff with in built formulas/function.

#45 3rdworld

• 3,562 posts

Posted 01 November 2012 - 12:21 PM

View PostSquareSphere, on 01 November 2012 - 12:13 PM, said:

I do VBA what exactly are you trying to do? Honestly it's not hard to pick up and I'm always in awe of folks that do all this stuff with in built formulas/function.

The Idea would be to make it fill the FF/ES slots just like the actual mechlab does. The current load/save macros are about the extent of my abilities. I tried to get fancier but ended up trashing a couple hours worth of work.

My other issue would be every dropdown would have to be changed. Data validation lists don't constitute change events if I am not mistaken.

Edited by 3rdworld, 01 November 2012 - 12:23 PM.

#46 SquareSphere

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,656 posts
  • LocationIn your clouds, stealing your thunder

Posted 01 November 2012 - 12:37 PM

View Post3rdworld, on 01 November 2012 - 12:21 PM, said:

The Idea would be to make it fill the FF/ES slots just like the actual mechlab does. The current load/save macros are about the extent of my abilities. I tried to get fancier but ended up trashing a couple hours worth of work.

My other issue would be every dropdown would have to be changed. Data validation lists don't constitute change events if I am not mistaken.

Yeah that would be correct on the events. In VBA I would probably populate central array for the list to be regenerated based on the selections along with some counter variable to make sure all the items were populated which allows you to add and drop from the array based on item placement. This gets around having to update each drop down separately

This would be a ground up change and trash all of work done =/

#47 3rdworld

• 3,562 posts

Posted 01 November 2012 - 12:55 PM

Hrmm, we could get around the change event pretty easily I think. The sheet constantly creates a build string based on what you have selected in the drop downs. I imagine we can figure a way for it to "save" the string after it distributes the criticals, and if the string changes it runs again......

the question would be how to tell it where to stick the crits.

#48 darthJaeger

• PipPipPip
  • Mercenary Rank 7
  • 67 posts
  • LocationRight behind you

Posted 01 November 2012 - 01:37 PM

What a great tool. You should be proud of this.

Just quietly, I did notice that on a Raven 2X, after you install an AMS in the left torso, the critical slots under it will always default to using ammo rather than letting you choose another energy weapon.

#49 3rdworld

• 3,562 posts

Posted 01 November 2012 - 03:04 PM

View PostdarthJaeger, on 01 November 2012 - 01:37 PM, said:

Just quietly, I did notice that on a Raven 2X, after you install an AMS in the left torso, the critical slots under it will always default to using ammo rather than letting you choose another energy weapon.

I actually have the hardpoints on the left arm instead of the Left torso. Nice catch, unfortunately you will probably have to wait until next week for a correction.

Thanks

#50 Marzepans

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 273 posts

Posted 01 November 2012 - 03:28 PM

Great job with the tool. Your Atlas AS7-RS is listed as having 6 Enery Hard Points though it only has 4.

#51 ZodiacX

• PipPipPip
  • 58 posts

Posted 02 November 2012 - 06:25 AM

View Post3rdworld, on 01 November 2012 - 12:55 PM, said:

the question would be how to tell it where to stick the crits.

As for where to fill the crit slots, it doesn't really matter as it's more of a visual place-holder.
You could arbitrarily fill the model left-to-right, top-down, etc.

View Post3rdworld, on 01 November 2012 - 09:05 AM, said:

With your permission I'd be more than happy to help out with the coding. I do a majority of my work with excel spreadsheets and countless macros to perform all sorts of actions. Though one of my coworkers is a lot better about making buttons... I make simple grey rectangles where he likes to joke around and make buttons that look like Mrs. Pacman...
Edit: Maybe he'll make us one that looks like an Atlas head...

Edited by ZodiacX, 02 November 2012 - 06:30 AM.

#52 Slash

• PipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 77 posts

Posted 02 November 2012 - 06:41 AM

Just found a lil bug. Yen-lo-wang doesnt seem to add to the DPS counter when a gauss + gauss ammo is properly loaded. Cant seem to get it to register.

#53 Darkblood

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Patron
  • The Patron
  • 370 posts
  • LocationBrazil

Posted 02 November 2012 - 06:55 AM

Great tool man! Kudos to you! :P

Would it be possible to put a new stat (say, under the general TTOH) where you list the Heat Efficiency as calculated by the game itself (it would be great to have that as a comparison)

Speaking of which, does anyone knows how this heat efficiency is calculated at all?

#54 Kryptic57

• PipPipPip
  • 55 posts

Posted 02 November 2012 - 06:59 AM

Might I also get access to the formulas? I'd like to add in a calculation for sustainable DPS

#55 3rdworld

• 3,562 posts

Posted 02 November 2012 - 07:27 AM

View PostdarthJaeger, on 01 November 2012 - 01:37 PM, said:

Fixed, thanks

View PostMarzepans, on 01 November 2012 - 03:28 PM, said:

Great job with the tool. Your Atlas AS7-RS is listed as having 6 Enery Hard Points though it only has 4.

Fixed,

Note: just the totals were off, the Hardpoints themselves were correct.

View PostSlash, on 02 November 2012 - 06:41 AM, said:

Just found a lil bug. Yen-lo-wang doesnt seem to add to the DPS counter when a gauss + gauss ammo is properly loaded. Cant seem to get it to register.

Wow, it was actually Gauss rifles in general were not adding dps. I apparently stopped the formula 1 row to soon /facepalm

it is fixed if you want to re-download.

View PostDarkblood, on 02 November 2012 - 06:55 AM, said:

Great tool man! Kudos to you! :ph34r:

Would it be possible to put a new stat (say, under the general TTOH) where you list the Heat Efficiency as calculated by the game itself (it would be great to have that as a comparison)

Speaking of which, does anyone knows how this heat efficiency is calculated at all?

Someone had it on the Beta forums, but I did not get it added then. If I/you find the calculations I will add it.

#56 ZodiacX

• PipPipPip
  • 58 posts

Posted 02 November 2012 - 07:35 AM

View Post3rdworld, on 02 November 2012 - 07:27 AM, said:

Someone had it on the Beta forums, but I did not get it added then. If I/you find the calculations I will add it.

That was me, I have those calculations! :ph34r: Assuming that the devs haven't modified it since they added it in. I haven't seen any messages that would suggest that they have.

You'll have to wait until I get home to send them out for you though.

Edited by ZodiacX, 02 November 2012 - 07:36 AM.

#57 3rdworld

• 3,562 posts

Posted 02 November 2012 - 07:41 AM

View PostZodiacX, on 02 November 2012 - 07:35 AM, said:

That was me, I have those calculations! :ph34r: Assuming that the devs haven't modified it since they added it in. I haven't seen any messages that would suggest that they have.

You'll have to wait until I get home to send them out for you though.

Thank!!!

#58 Kmieciu

• Urban Commando
  • Urban Commando
  • 3,437 posts
  • LocationPoland

Posted 03 November 2012 - 04:17 AM

Bump! Mods pin this topic already!

#59 ZodiacX

• PipPipPip
  • 58 posts

Posted 03 November 2012 - 11:54 AM

3rdworld, you can find the MWO heat ratio formulation here:
Heat Ratio Guide
Alternatively I've provided it below:

Hear Ratio = 0.61 * sqrt( #HS / HPS )

Edited by ZodiacX, 03 November 2012 - 11:54 AM.

#60 malibu43

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 377 posts

Posted 05 November 2012 - 09:05 AM

With version 1.6, I could load out a stock Raven 4X and it would match up with the in-game weight. I'm doing it in version 1.71 and I still have about 10 tons left over...?

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users