#41 Highlighter

• PipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 79 posts
  • LocationOhio

Posted 15 April 2012 - 06:11 AM

Thread is up! Finally, right? :)

Feel free to make an intro post. Felix will do a mission briefing, people can chat and introduce their characters, etc. It's assumed, though, that everyone has been with the unit for enough time to have been acclimated and to have gotten to know one another. Following this, we'll jump into the battle soon.

Nothing Ever Goes According to Plan

#42 Nor Azman

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 217 posts
  • LocationPeriphery

Posted 15 April 2012 - 07:29 PM

Hello. :angry:

Because of time constraints, work and all, can only commit to only one RP at a time. But I will definately be a fan to what you guys will be cooking up! RP rules! :(

Edited by Nor Azman, 15 April 2012 - 07:49 PM.

#43 Dreadstar

• Pip
  • 15 posts

Posted 17 April 2012 - 12:26 PM

I'll get Mac's character sheet up soon. Needless to say, he's a heavy driver. :P First post basically spells out his attitude.

#44 Highlighter

• PipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 79 posts
  • LocationOhio

Posted 17 April 2012 - 06:26 PM

I'll have a post up tomorrow. Had no time today, and annual audit tomorrow at work, so I'll have a reply after work.

#45 Red Faction

• Pip
  • 14 posts

Posted 17 April 2012 - 06:37 PM

Hey this looks really good, is there anymore room because I would love to join! Ive been RPing for a while but never MechWarrior. If there is room on the roster please let me know.

Edited by Red Faction, 17 April 2012 - 06:48 PM.

#46 Janitor101

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Guardian
  • Guardian
  • 307 posts
  • LocationNew Hampshire

Posted 17 April 2012 - 06:45 PM

Dreadstar, you just did the big RP no-no, you don't say "i'll get a character sheet up soon" and then post, you put character sheet up and wait to get the go ahead. That's like applying for a job after you've butted a worker away from the cash register.

Highlighter I'm personally amazed you let that slide without comment.

#47 Dreadstar

• Pip
  • 15 posts

Posted 18 April 2012 - 06:21 AM

Maybe its because me and Highlighter have been RPing together for ..oh, I don't know...the last 10+ years?

#48 Highlighter

• PipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 79 posts
  • LocationOhio

Posted 18 April 2012 - 03:44 PM

View PostNor Azman, on 15 April 2012 - 07:29 PM, said:

Hello. ;)

Because of time constraints, work and all, can only commit to only one RP at a time. But I will definately be a fan to what you guys will be cooking up! RP rules! :D

Hello Nor Azman! Thanks, and you're always free to post comments and such. :) And if you want to join in the future, just ask and we'll see if we have room!

View PostRed Faction, on 17 April 2012 - 06:37 PM, said:

Hey this looks really good, is there anymore room because I would love to join! Ive been RPing for a while but never MechWarrior. If there is room on the roster please let me know.

Sure, I think we could have one more. Just post a bio (mostly name, brief history, and 'Mech), and you should be good to go.

View PostJanitor101, on 17 April 2012 - 06:45 PM, said:

Dreadstar, you just did the big RP no-no, you don't say "i'll get a character sheet up soon" and then post, you put character sheet up and wait to get the go ahead. That's like applying for a job after you've butted a worker away from the cash register.

Highlighter I'm personally amazed you let that slide without comment.

It's cool, Janitor. As he said, Dreadstar and I have been RPing together (if not in the same thread, then in the same community) for nearly a decade. Actually, I think it is a decade now.

@Everyone else:

I'm working a post. Does anyone want their character to be a lance leader? I am needing two. They're just for story purposes.

Also, I hate that word filter.

Edited by Highlighter, 18 April 2012 - 03:45 PM.

#49 Janitor101

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Guardian
  • Guardian
  • 307 posts
  • LocationNew Hampshire

Posted 18 April 2012 - 04:35 PM

Sorry, there wasn't any sign that that was the case, just saw a random post. Apologies.
So if there's no purpose being a lance leader other then just saying so, what's the point? If you really want Lance Commanders I'll play one for the lance I'm in, I got a mech that was designed to play the commander unit role.

Edited by Janitor101, 18 April 2012 - 06:03 PM.

#50 Hanyit Greyhame

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 205 posts

Posted 18 April 2012 - 05:15 PM

In response to the request for a Lance leader, I would be honored if you would allow me to serve as lance leader for the fire-support lance.

#51 Highlighter

• PipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 79 posts
  • LocationOhio

Posted 18 April 2012 - 06:00 PM

Not a problem, Janitor. ;)

Well, I don't mean to say that there's no reason to have a lance commander role, but it's mostly for story purposes in the sense that Felix will have to have some officers to issue orders to.

If no one else objects by tomorrow or so, I'll assign Janitor and Hanyit's characters as lance leaders. I'll also come up with the lances at that time.

#52 Xinaoen

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 382 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 18 April 2012 - 07:14 PM

Well, Xin wants to be Recon Lance Leader; in fact, he thinks he's entitled to it. Personally, I think it'd be more interesting if he isn't - especially if he doesn't have a ton of respect for the person giving him orders. Heh.

#53 MacabreDerek

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 435 posts
  • LocationManitoba

Posted 19 April 2012 - 02:43 AM

Not sure if you'd want Barret for a Lance Leader, but on the other hand it could be interesting to see this horrible individual having to command people. That being said, it might be interesting to see who's gotta hold Barret's leash.

I am struggling to find ways to make Barret the really dangerous element of the team. I really want him to be a complete psychopath that needs to be held back from doing something rash, crazy and violent. I love some of the comments I am getting IC from people, and it really makes me feel like Barret is starting to stand out, but I'd love to hear what you guys think of him and any thoughts on how to really making him someone truely horrible.

Great work from what I've seen guys, you've been doing great! I am excited to see where this goes.

#54 guardian wolf

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Merciless
  • The Merciless
  • 1,965 posts
  • LocationOn Barcelona where the crap is about to hit the fan.

Posted 19 April 2012 - 08:04 AM

I would recommend putting Barret and Chris in the same lance, as Chris could be like Barret's voice of reason, like Scorch and Sev off of Republic Commando.

#55 Charles Martel

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 330 posts
  • LocationQuentin. Wish you were here Hanse?

Posted 19 April 2012 - 08:32 PM

Cornelius is pretty flexible, so long as he's using his Marauder. So either part of the regular heavy lance, or as backup for a recon lance.

Edited by Charles Martel, 19 April 2012 - 09:48 PM.

#56 MacabreDerek

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 435 posts
  • LocationManitoba

Posted 19 April 2012 - 09:58 PM

View Postguardian wolf, on 19 April 2012 - 08:04 AM, said:

I would recommend putting Barret and Chris in the same lance, as Chris could be like Barret's voice of reason, like Scorch and Sev off of Republic Commando.

Owed ya an appaulogy for not filling Chris in on the report, but hopefully the commander explained it all better than I could. It would be interesting to see if Chris could even get Barret to listen, or if Barret's mind would slowly twist Chris'. Right now I got an idea for a post, but I'd rather give people more of a chance to ask questions and really outline the mission.

That being said, if you do somehow get the title of Lance Commander, it should be interesting on how you're gonna get this motley crew to work as a cohesive unit.

===================================

Actually, I couldnt wait to post again, so I did. Hope that post really puts into frame our antagonist NPCs. Figured Barret is perfect for outlining the grim task that lays ahead of us. Tell me if you think the post is any good.

Edited by MacabreDerek, 19 April 2012 - 10:49 PM.

#57 Highlighter

• PipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 79 posts
  • LocationOhio

Posted 20 April 2012 - 02:32 PM

Man, you guys make me laugh. lol

This is the unit roster, I think. Let me know if I've forgotten anyone, or if anyone wants a position changed. I mostly came up with this by random and/or with very superficial planning, so I don't mind moving people around. Also, lance names and such can easily be changed.

(Charles Martel, I think I missed Cornelius' bio. Can you either link me or just post something real brief, mostly I need a last name? lol. Thanks!)

Command Lance
Command One: Felix Maan - Undetermined 'Mech - (Highlighter)
Command Two: John McQuillen - Atlas - (Dreadstar)
Command Three: NPC
Command Four: NPC

Aerospace
Aero One: Isis Sinclair - Stingray - (Pryde, if he shows up)
Aero Two: NPC

Alpha Lance
Alpha One: Kurt Mauser - Cyclops - (Janitor01)
Alpha Two: Cornelius - Marauder - (Charles Martel)
Alpha Three: Joe Kurtz - Blackjack - (Joe Davion 86)
Alpha Four: NPC

Bravo Lance
Bravo One: Hanyit Greyhame - Blackjack - (Hanyit Greyhame)
Bravo Two: Barrett Sender - Vindicator - (MacabreDerek)
Bravo Three: Chris Wolf - Warhammer - (Guardian Wolf)
Bravo Four: Xinaoen - Wolfhound - (Xinaoen)

#58 Patrio Sioux Daltum

• PipPipPip
  • 54 posts
  • LocationFrankfurt

Posted 20 April 2012 - 03:53 PM

Yo, guys! I haven't done an RP here in a long time! Mind if I join?

Y'know, I was gonna get a Stone Rhino and arm it like a battleship, but I might just have to settle with the good ol' Merkava IX, if you guys can stand a tank.

#59 Dreadstar

• Pip
  • 15 posts

Posted 20 April 2012 - 04:54 PM

Character Name is: John 'Mac' MacQuillen
Nickname: "Mother or Mother Atlas"
Height: 6'5"
Weight: 275 lbs
Hair: Black w/white sideburn, crewcut
Eyes: Steel Gray
Race: White

John MacQuillen is one of the few mechdrivers that really shouldn't be. Standing well over six feet tall, and possessed of a body that is best described as a tank with legs, he was nearly thrown out of the Academy due to his physical dimensions alone. But his aptitude driving a mech and his intelligence is greatly underestimated due to his large visage, and gruff demeanor.

It is no wonder that the Atlas Mech is his weapon of choice, not to mention that it's perhaps one of the only mech cockpits that can accomodate his bulk. But when he is driving his Atlas, the Auntie Ann, it has been said that he can make this 100 ton machine move like a ballerina and charge through a group of Assault Mechs wreaking destruction.

Mac, to his friends and mechmates, has served several tours with Commander Felix Mann, whom took a huge gamble by recruiting him into his squadron when other Commanders refused to have him due to his stature. The gamble paid off in spades, as there are perhaps only a few other pilots that have the skill with a Atlas that Mac possesses.

#60 Joe Davion 86

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 269 posts
  • LocationCLT-NC

Posted 21 April 2012 - 09:44 PM

Just gonna put this out there highlighter but im running a CRB-27 (2LL 1ML 1SL) until the Techs get replacements for the BJ-2 i had

Edited by Joe Davion 86, 21 April 2012 - 09:46 PM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users