Mech stops when typing

30 replies to this topic

#21 Loc Nar

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,132 posts

Posted 31 March 2013 - 10:08 AM

I'm wondering if this is a Throttle decay issue at this point.

Throttle decay has only existed for one patch. This problem extends back to CB. I am dedicated HOTAS user and I'm sick of having to choose between either relaying info in a timely manner or driving my mech, cause it wont let me do both. What I didn't realize all along, is that keyboards are not affected by this phenomenon. Classy.

#22 dyndragon

• PipPip
  • 35 posts

Posted 10 April 2013 - 12:34 PM

View PostLoc Nar, on 31 March 2013 - 10:08 AM, said:

Throttle decay has only existed for one patch. This problem extends back to CB. I am dedicated HOTAS user and I'm sick of having to choose between either relaying info in a timely manner or driving my mech, cause it wont let me do both. What I didn't realize all along, is that keyboards are not affected by this phenomenon. Classy.

Not true. Ever since throttle decay option was introduced and enabled, I sometimes can keep the throttle fixed at 100% using the number keys and still type and check scoreboard, or battlegrid.

Intermittently, I can't--starting chat, opening battlegrid or tabbing to scoreboard sets my throttle to 0%. I don't know what causes the problem to come up.

I am a kb/mouse user only.

#23 Loc Nar

• 1,132 posts

Posted 10 April 2013 - 06:33 PM

I am a kb/mouse user only.

It has always worked fine/normal for kbm as far as I kn, which is why I suspect it gets no attention and is so far down the priority list. I'm talking about for HOTAS users such as myself, or anyone using analog throttle controls. These users have their mech screech to a halt as if you pressed 'x', and the mech remains motionless until you finish typing and exit chat, or battlegrid, or scoreboard, upon which the throttle resumes it's normal function.

#24 Durant Carlyle

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 3,877 posts
  • LocationClose enough to poke you with a stick.

Posted 10 April 2013 - 06:45 PM

Every single one of you have mailed support about this, yes? It's not just limited to posting in here, right?

If you haven't mailed them, do so.

If you have, do it again. Do it once a month or something.

#25 Safetybuddy

Rookie

• 4 posts

Posted 12 April 2013 - 04:31 AM

I'm having the same issue. I thought it was the way the game was designed so you couldn't set the mech for cruise and read a map or chat with friends, until I saw this thread. Then I went and tried it out. Using only a keyboard and mouse the throttle resets to 0 about 75% of the time I hit the map key. Using my G13 it seems like 50% or less. I didn't spend a lot of time on this experiment so I'm sure those numbers are very skewed.

#26 Durant Carlyle

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 3,877 posts
  • LocationClose enough to poke you with a stick.

Posted 12 April 2013 - 08:04 AM

I've never had any problems whatsoever with throttle resetting. I use keyboard and mouse with no throttle decay (hate that option). I've even played on two separate computers (one with no-name keyboard/mouse, and my new one with Razer Blackwidow 2013 and Razer Taipan using Synapse 2.0 software) with no problems. I typically bring up the Battlemap at least 10 times per match and every single time my 'Mech has kept going. Keeps going when I chat too.

#27 Buckminster

• Elite Founder
  • 1,577 posts
  • LocationBaltimore, MD

Posted 12 April 2013 - 08:56 AM

I think it's primarily a joystick thing. Doing some sort of command on the keyboard means that the game ignores the input from the joystick.

#28 That Dawg

• FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 1,876 posts

Posted 12 April 2013 - 09:08 AM

no fix sorry

I use throttle decay (keyboard) and keypad for 'cruise control'.
whats maddening is that the bug the OP describes doesn't always happen.
sometimes I can use keypad set whatever speed I want and type, or shoot as I'm moving.
Other times, it just stops- random and I guess its one of those things we "just need to learn to live with" as whats his name posted.

#29 Guizan Dixie

• PipPip
  • 40 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationSigtuna, Sweden

Posted 31 July 2013 - 09:55 AM

Still no fix?

#30 Kragg Relluf

• PipPip
  • Overlord
  • 35 posts

Posted 01 August 2013 - 11:35 PM

I can confirm this is a known bug. I contacted support 1.5 months ago and was told as much by them. Also since a few above have said they havent seen it while using keynoard: this is an analog throttle only priblem. If you're controlling speed with a keyboard, this will not happen.

Besdides voting for above thread id say everone should contact upport about this poblem after every patch that doesnt fix it. Probably wont help but definitely wont hurt!

Edited by Kragg Relluf, 01 August 2013 - 11:37 PM.

#31 Haakon Magnusson

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Partisan
  • The Partisan
  • 636 posts
  • LocationI have no idea, they keep resetting CW map

Posted 02 August 2013 - 12:53 AM

Can't vote on the poll, no permissions(?)

Anyways, have this with my analog throttle as well.. annoying as hell

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users