Mechspecs.com - The Mwo Min Max Paradise

81 replies to this topic

#41 MorsMortis

• PipPipPip
  • 99 posts
  • LocationLondon

Posted 04 November 2012 - 02:00 AM

I found the site, 10 minutes ago, registered and have now found some fantastic tips for my atlas brawler. I have no idea what the problem is with registering, we have the best community going so didn't think twice about giving my email address.

Thanks all!

#42 JT Black

Banned - Cheating

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 230 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • LocationUK

Posted 04 November 2012 - 03:05 AM

Greetings,

What a surprise, lets see.

Comments such as " No " as in " Used to express strong refusal, doubt, or disbelief." Such is your right , ok , still...

Nevertheless,forum members please continue to say no to good ideas :) .

Since i joined Mechspecs.com i have to say its nice and constructive a space that remains untouched by , well you know what i mean.

Kind regards, forum Mechwarriors .

#43 WarPickle

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 513 posts
  • LocationAt my computer

Posted 04 November 2012 - 07:35 AM

I bet you'd all register if there was a free bobblehead involved, but no you wouldn't do it just to see awesome mech builds :D

#44 Mason Grimm

Com Guard / Technician

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 2,886 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationToronto, ON

Posted 04 November 2012 - 08:03 AM

Thanks for the support folks.

View PostBasicInfantry, on 04 November 2012 - 07:35 AM, said:

I bet you'd all register if there was a free bobblehead involved, but no you wouldn't do it just to see awesome mech builds :D

I would totally spend MC on a MechSpecs bobblehead! Devs? Are you listening? :huh:

#45 Neocrypter

Rookie

• Knight Errant
  • 6 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • LocationKansas

Posted 04 November 2012 - 03:53 PM

Love this site, lots of good info its got my vote

#46 Morgana

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Bold
  • The Bold
  • 647 posts
  • LocationCleaning 10-year old dust out of Cockpit!

Posted 04 November 2012 - 05:47 PM

This site had actually been around for better part of the last 6 months or so. We just weren't able to utilize it to it's full potential due to the NDA that was in effect during the Closed Beta. Due to a database corruption, valuable posts had been lost, and Mason has done an awesome job rebuilding it. Even then, it was a resourceful site to find things that were soooo buried deep within the threads of this site. I've personally promoted this site from day one, through either donations or post contributions, as I knew even back then, the potential it had forthcoming. I find it invaluable in the savings of C-Bills, and time, that I won't lose, due to builds that won't, for don't work. Taking into account having to pay for things like DHS, then again if you want to change back to Standard HS, it's money lost if you don't set yourself up right the first time around. There are builds there that suit everyone's play style, be it if your an energy weapon user, or love to see the flying chunks of debris you get visually from using ballistics. It's invaluable to new players to the franchise, that don't know where to begin in designing a mech build. Most builds have been worked up mathmatically through spreadsheets, and tried, true, and tested builds, a few are concept builds that come from the lore, and may be operable builds as we move throughout the time-line of the game. If you are upset because you simply need to register, well then all I have to say is, your loss.

Thank you Mason, for providing the MWO community with this invaluable site! Your time and efforts are duly appreciated!

#47 Mason Grimm

Com Guard / Technician

• Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 2,886 posts
  • LocationToronto, ON

Posted 05 November 2012 - 05:10 AM

View PostMorgana, on 04 November 2012 - 05:47 PM, said:

Thank you Mason, for providing the MWO community with this invaluable site! Your time and efforts are duly appreciated!

It's not my fault. They have held me locked up in the back room at gunpoint for weeks. Forcing me to live on Jolt Cola and Cheetohs!!!

#48 Ravendreams

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 549 posts
  • LocationWashington State

Posted 05 November 2012 - 07:14 AM

View PostMason Grimm, on 05 November 2012 - 05:10 AM, said:

It's not my fault. They have held me locked up in the back room at gunpoint for weeks. Forcing me to live on Jolt Cola and Cheetohs!!!

I want some Jolt Cola I miss that stuff......

you can keep the Cheetohs though.

#49 Aware

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 146 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 05 November 2012 - 07:16 AM

While I don't show my math in my builds, I am definitely using a spreadsheet to come up with them. Well that and some on the battlefield test.

Love the site.

#50 Mylar

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • 105 posts

Posted 05 November 2012 - 11:21 AM

Went to site.
Looked for link to a mech build calculator, nope, it's a forum site.
Ahwell, lets see what people are doing.
Raven-4x, only 1 post. Not promising, Prolly a gauss build or AC/2 spammer. Lets see.
Clicked link..

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>You must register to read, blah blah blah blah<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<

<close tab>

#51 Mason Grimm

Com Guard / Technician

• Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 2,886 posts
  • LocationToronto, ON

Posted 05 November 2012 - 01:06 PM

View PostMylar, on 05 November 2012 - 11:21 AM, said:

Went to site.
Looked for link to a mech build calculator, nope, it's a forum site.
Ahwell, lets see what people are doing.
Raven-4x, only 1 post. Not promising, Prolly a gauss build or AC/2 spammer. Lets see.
Clicked link..

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>You must register to read, blah blah blah blah<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<

<close tab>

First, there are TWO 4X builds so you can't have paid THAT much attention.

Spencley's and the Sharpshooter (Gauss Raven)

Second, the second build IS a Gauss build and even states so; again, nothing hidden here so there is no "Prolly" about it.

We will miss your contribution greatly! Good luck on the 4X!

#52 drloser

• PipPipPip
  • 55 posts

Posted 05 November 2012 - 11:14 PM

If you want to promote your site, you should let people read its content without forcing them to register. Why don't you do that?

#53 Mason Grimm

Com Guard / Technician

• Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 2,886 posts
  • LocationToronto, ON

Posted 06 November 2012 - 02:24 PM

MechSpecs users discuss the latest patch changes on lasers

http://www.mechspecs...h-laser-changes

Check it out and chime in.

#54 dilluminati

• PipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 46 posts

Posted 07 November 2012 - 07:45 AM

Bump, they removed the registration requirement.
Go to place for great mech builds.

#55 Mason Grimm

Com Guard / Technician

• Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 2,886 posts
  • LocationToronto, ON

Posted 07 November 2012 - 07:22 PM

View Postdilluminati, on 07 November 2012 - 07:45 AM, said:

Bump, they removed the registration requirement.
Go to place for great mech builds.

This was changed as we have gathered the metrics required for something that we have in progress.

We showed that the community was interested in this project and did so with factual and tangible data.

1000+ users registered in 6 days, not including guest visits.

Now that this is done we can loosen up things and balance server load versus content availability.

#56 Shrinkmaster

• PipPipPip
  • 51 posts

Posted 07 November 2012 - 11:14 PM

i think this page is a good idea per se, but i dont like the fact that good builds are mixed between a mix of horrible and/or fun builds.

a rating system is almost non-existant, except for a "like" button which does not reflect the actual strength of a build.

i really hope this gets fixed, so i can recommend this page to my friends who are new to the game. if it stays in it current state you have to be an experienced player already to distinguish between viable and horrible builds by yourself.

#57 WarPickle

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 513 posts
  • LocationAt my computer

Posted 08 November 2012 - 05:40 AM

View PostShrinkmaster, on 07 November 2012 - 11:14 PM, said:

i think this page is a good idea per se, but i dont like the fact that good builds are mixed between a mix of horrible and/or fun builds.

What's a good build for you might not be a good build for someone else.

It depends on your play style... you can't judge a good build on your preference.. most popular builds can be ranked, but calling one build better than all would be pointless.....

Gaussapault, Streak Cat and LRM boats would be top...

#58 Sokoprok

• Pip
  • 13 posts
  • LocationEssex, England

Posted 08 November 2012 - 07:59 AM

Thanks for putting this up, just popped over there and used a Centurion build I am very pleased with...

#59 Vactus

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Cub
  • The Cub
  • 876 posts

Posted 08 November 2012 - 08:34 AM

View PostBasicInfantry, on 08 November 2012 - 05:40 AM, said:

What's a good build for you might not be a good build for someone else.

It depends on your play style... you can't judge a good build on your preference.. most popular builds can be ranked, but calling one build better than all would be pointless.....

Gaussapault, Streak Cat and LRM boats would be top...

Actually I see where he is coming from as far as builds being good vs bad. Some builds are inherently bad. I haven't done a real look through on a lot of the builds, I read the Jenner and Cat sections, but I have seen a couple builds and I just facepalm. Also, if it has machineguns as a serious part of the build and not for funzies, then it cannot be taken seriously. Same with anything that has flamers. Two terrible weapons that someone might think are nice, but are just plain terrible and get laughed at. Often. By a lot of people.

However, I was surprised to see only one Gausscat build and I think it only uses one gauss instead of the standard two.

#60 WarPickle

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 513 posts
  • LocationAt my computer

Posted 08 November 2012 - 08:51 AM

View PostVactus, on 08 November 2012 - 08:34 AM, said:

Actually I see where he is coming from as far as builds being good vs bad. Some builds are inherently bad. I haven't done a real look through on a lot of the builds, I read the Jenner and Cat sections, but I have seen a couple builds and I just facepalm. Also, if it has machineguns as a serious part of the build and not for funzies, then it cannot be taken seriously. Same with anything that has flamers. Two terrible weapons that someone might think are nice, but are just plain terrible and get laughed at. Often. By a lot of people.

However, I was surprised to see only one Gausscat build and I think it only uses one gauss instead of the standard two.

LOL okay I admit it there are horrible builds... forgot about MG's ;) I never use em so out of sight out of mind. I just got the Cicada 3C... oooo 2 MG's and a PPC... best of luck there!

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users