Disable Heat?

138 replies to this topic

Poll: Disable Heat for matches (347 member(s) have cast votes)

Would you like an options to turn off heat and/or unlimited ammo for matches?

1. Yes (8 votes [2.31%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 2.31%

2. Voted No (339 votes [97.69%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 97.69%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#61 Aegis Kleais

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 6,003 posts

Posted 06 April 2012 - 08:00 AM

View PostLakeDaemon, on 06 April 2012 - 07:40 AM, said:

uh.. you really think people will refuse to play just because they cant play NH? Then maybe we should demand that MWO be a shooter with options for no heat, unlimited ammo, scratch built mechs, uber configs, allow jump jets on all mechs, and god mode option because that will bring in the most players. Yes thats sarcasm :lol: but my position is that NH is so divisive to the community thats its a game killing option just like the others. Also, what kind of players will that bring and what would those options turn our game into? I say keep it action sim and avoid the issues of the past. Let MWO be the game the community has always wanted, not another shooter that the world expects from games these days.

No worries; I will RESOUNDINGLY scold the community in the event the game adheres to a HOLA-only method of play and MWO is not cutting mustard financially. Much of the responsibility will be that of those who wanted the game to demote larger community for the sake of holding to standards and then not open their wallets to accommodate the lost sales from a smaller niche market.

#62 Tannhauser Gate

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Blood-Eye
  • The Blood-Eye
  • 1,302 posts
  • LocationAttack ship off the Shoulder of Orion

Posted 06 April 2012 - 08:08 AM

So you want a shooter. ok

#63 Vexgrave Lars

Former Dictionary

• Knight Errant
  • 1,119 posts
  • LocationParticle and Wave

Posted 06 April 2012 - 08:09 AM

Will not drop a trough in front of this troll... Just no.

#64 CloudCobra

• PipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 87 posts
  • LocationAnchorage,AK

Posted 06 April 2012 - 08:57 AM

I voted no i think the NH option ruined MW4 online play. That said, I do want options; it might be cool if they let you host your own games with all the options on the table. It could be fun to screw around with friends in frankenmechs, but if i wanna do that i guess i could play MW4 so Im over all against it. I do think the game and community needs to be welcoming to new players but NH is not the way to do it. You can't learn the game by not playing the same game. The game plays so different with NH that you can hardly call it the same thing.

Edited by CloudCobra, 06 April 2012 - 08:59 AM.

#65 Sug

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The People's Hero
  • The People
  • 4,629 posts
  • LocationChicago

Posted 06 April 2012 - 09:07 AM

How the hell is this thread still going?

#66 Nick Makiaveli

• Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 2,188 posts
  • LocationKnee deep in mechdrek

Posted 06 April 2012 - 09:11 AM

View PostAegis Kleais™, on 06 April 2012 - 08:00 AM, said:

No worries; I will RESOUNDINGLY scold the community in the event the game adheres to a HOLA-only method of play and MWO is not cutting mustard financially. Much of the responsibility will be that of those who wanted the game to demote larger community for the sake of holding to standards and then not open their wallets to accommodate the lost sales from a smaller niche market.

What does HOLA stand for?

A NH option is fine if it's kept completely separate. So that means two "servers" if you will. That splits the community. I personally wouldn't play it since I won't have time to skill up alts.

A "training" mode would be great, but NH would kind of defeat the purpose wouldn't it?

#67 Aegis Kleais

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 6,003 posts

Posted 06 April 2012 - 09:16 AM

View PostNick Makiaveli, on 06 April 2012 - 09:11 AM, said:

What does HOLA stand for?

A NH option is fine if it's kept completely separate. So that means two "servers" if you will. That splits the community. I personally wouldn't play it since I won't have time to skill up alts.

A "training" mode would be great, but NH would kind of defeat the purpose wouldn't it?

Heat On Limited Ammo (opposite of) No Heat Unlimited Ammo

Training encompasses the exact same things between HOLA and NHUA, the only difference is you don't have the management concerns of Heat and Ammo in NHUA. A NHUA player may find that their tactics and configs are not as efficient in HOLA games.

#68 GySgt Sev Skirata

• Pip
  • 12 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationGreen Bay, WI

Posted 06 April 2012 - 09:25 AM

Heat has been an intragal part of mech combat since the first game. To take it out now would be... sacraligous.

#69 God of War

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 447 posts
  • LocationGermany/Stuttgart

Posted 06 April 2012 - 09:29 AM

Lächerlich!!!

#70 Helmer

• Stone Cold
  • 3,272 posts
  • LocationColumbus, Ga

Posted 06 April 2012 - 10:07 AM

3 People voted yes, just because they could.

Cheers.

#71 00dlez

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 488 posts
  • LocationSt. Louis, MO

Posted 06 April 2012 - 10:29 AM

You should be banned for posting this drivel.

#72 HepatitisTK

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 173 posts
  • LocationSpace-Jello!

Posted 06 April 2012 - 10:31 AM

I haven't read up on how MWO is gonna handle selection of what battle you wish to join. If someone could post a link to a thread about this it would be appreciated.

While I personally wouldn't play matches with NH/UA in it I wouldn't care if i saw matches available to those who wish to play them. One of my all time favorite mech pc games was Heavy Gear II. In that game's online play there were a list of different matches available to join with multiple search options for the player to narrow down the field of games he/she wished to play. Games were based primarily off of Threat Value... higher TV values equating to more types of weaponry/ more weapons were allowed on a player's Gear (name of the mechs in HG2.) I believe maximum TV allowable in a game was 99k and they allowed everything including Guided mortars, LMRs and Self Guiding missles. The 1k- 5k games were where I played and they consisted of very limited weapon loadouts reserved for bazookas and a few types of ballistic and energy weapons that were dependent on a player's aim and general skill. You could search for a particular TV match as well as matches that restricted what weapon types you could use. Something similar could work.

In short... will I play UA/NH matches? Hell to the no. Would I mind seeing a separate game list for those who want to play such modes? No... Its not my place to tell others how to play. Do I want such options available to the actual story telling branch of the game? Again... hell to the no. A separate, willy nilly match list for such games could keep purists and casuals/trolls happy.

Thats just my $0.02 though.

#73 Dragorath

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 168 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 06 April 2012 - 10:33 AM

Never ever!!!!!!

#74 Tannhauser Gate

• The Blood-Eye
  • The Blood-Eye
  • 1,302 posts
  • LocationAttack ship off the Shoulder of Orion

Posted 06 April 2012 - 10:34 AM

View PostVexgrave Lars, on 06 April 2012 - 08:09 AM, said:

Will not drop a trough in front of this troll... Just no.

I've never known Aegis to be a troll and I would stand by his opinions even if I disagree.

#75 Trogusaur

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 314 posts
  • LocationKrogan homeworld of Tuchanka. Wait, different universe.

Posted 06 April 2012 - 10:42 AM

NHUA was the sole reason over half the fanbase departed from MW4 in disgust. Please, don't bring it back and expect anyone to be happy about it.

#76 Trogusaur

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 314 posts
  • LocationKrogan homeworld of Tuchanka. Wait, different universe.

Posted 06 April 2012 - 10:55 AM

View PostSug, on 06 April 2012 - 09:07 AM, said:

How the hell is this thread still going?

We aren't done spilling 10 years worth of bottled up rage MW4 caused us.

Edited by Lord Trogus, 07 April 2012 - 01:03 AM.

#77 Sug

• The People's Hero
  • The People
  • 4,629 posts
  • LocationChicago

Posted 06 April 2012 - 10:57 AM

Nicely done.

#78 CoffiNail

Oathmaster

• The Cub
  • The Cub
  • 4,285 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationSome place with other Ghost Bears. A dropship or planet, who knows. ((Winnipeg,MB))

Posted 06 April 2012 - 11:02 AM

NEVER!!!!!!

No heat is for unskilled people, it is not fun to just hold down a fire button on a laser boated mech.

#79 Belial

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 359 posts
  • LocationOutreach

Posted 06 April 2012 - 11:04 AM

View PostLord Trogus, on 06 April 2012 - 10:55 AM, said:

We aren't done spilling the 10 years of bottled up rage MW4 caused us.

Allow me to vent as well.

NH/UA?

Um,

NO.

#80 Vexgrave Lars

Former Dictionary

• Knight Errant
  • 1,119 posts
  • LocationParticle and Wave

Posted 06 April 2012 - 11:11 AM

View PostAegis Kleais™, on 06 April 2012 - 08:00 AM, said:

So unless we bow down to 9 year olds who can't grasp, or wont grasp the game mechanic, we should be ready to pay for it. Where do I sign up for my monthly subscription. Far as I'm concerned, good money, well spent.

View PostLakeDaemon, on 06 April 2012 - 10:34 AM, said:

I've never known Aegis to be a troll and I would stand by his opinions even if I disagree.

By the way.. wasn't referring to Aegis as a troll, I was referring to the concept of ripping down one of the four pillars that hold up the games concept for the sake of a tiny portion of players. Who I would spend hours (as needed) teaching thermal management rather than let them get away with being lazy enough not to learn and join in.

35 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 35 guests, 0 anonymous users