• Pip
  • 19 posts
  • LocationTexas usa

Posted 13 December 2012 - 07:59 AM

View PostTheFuzzyBunny, on 05 December 2012 - 09:31 AM, said:

I used the ones here. Here is what I did:

1) Clean re-install
2) Log in once to the game to create your user profile then log out
3) Copy the XLM file to notepad ran in administrator. Save this XLM file in you User Profile, over writing the old one, remember to change the save name. Should look like this, and remember to actually save it in your user name file:

I have done everything listed in your post and I still have two issues. The throttle is inverted with no reverse. i.e. pull back makles it move forward. Issue two, the pitch is inverted. i.e. push forward makes it go down.

I have spent a long time trying to adjust this as well as downloading the thrustmaster TARGET software which DOES NOT support the t-flight hotas x

If I could just get the throttle worked out I would use throttle mouse and be very happy but I'm stuck.

I did manage to get the turn maped to the rocker switch and that is great.

Any help is appreciated,
Choppermike

#22 TheFuzzyBunny

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 446 posts
  • LocationDetroit

Posted 13 December 2012 - 08:45 AM

Choppermike,

I don't use the joystick part, so I cannot help you with that. When you mapped the throttle you do it like this?

Click the map throttle box to trigger the mapping.
Push the throttle forward to map it.

I haven't heard of it being inverted before so I'm not sure how to address it.

#23 Choppermike

• Pip
  • 19 posts
  • LocationTexas usa

Posted 14 December 2012 - 09:01 AM

View PostTheFuzzyBunny, on 13 December 2012 - 08:45 AM, said:

Choppermike,

I don't use the joystick part, so I cannot help you with that. When you mapped the throttle you do it like this?

Click the map throttle box to trigger the mapping.
Push the throttle forward to map it.

I haven't heard of it being inverted before so I'm not sure how to address it.

Thanks and yes, that's how I did it. I am very suprised that I seem to be the only one having this issue.

OK let's try this. What should I change to invert the throttle again? You know, so its backward (Kinda)
I assume I would change this line ...cl_joystick_invert_throttle = 1 to ("0") instead of 1 right?

#24 TheFuzzyBunny

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 446 posts
  • LocationDetroit

Posted 14 December 2012 - 12:55 PM

I had a problem similar to this. It was a shockingly easy fix. Look at your throttle. On the base there is three buttons. One of them should be glowing green, the center one. If it is not, press it, it will fix your problems. Let me know if that was your issue.

#25 Acid Phreak

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 2,719 posts
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationNiedersachsen

Posted 14 December 2012 - 01:06 PM

;joystick
;cl_joystick_gain = 8
;cl_joystick_sensitivity = 0.75
cl_joystick_throttle_range = 0
cl_joystick_invert_throttle = 1
;cl_joystick_invert_pitch = 1
;cl_joystick_invert_yaw = 0
;cl_joystick_invert_turn = 0
i_joystick_deadzone = 0.0005
;cl_joystick_deadzone = 0.0005

here is my user.cfg for the hotas x

note i use only the throttle (green light on!) bind all buttons ingame, no xml keyblabla ;) if u want more sensitvity for ur stick u can enable the gain and sensitivity (smaller number-more sens) line bye deleting the semicolon ";" and play with the numbers. the invert setting is already set for throttle and stick (stick use "cl_joystick_invert_pitch = 1" for aircraft like invert up/down, delete the semicolon if u want use it.)

if u have trouble with deadzone u can set 0.05 or higher but i dont think u need that.

Edited by Acid Phreak, 14 December 2012 - 01:18 PM.

#26 Hammerhai

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 998 posts

Posted 14 December 2012 - 11:45 PM

The software fix to make your throttle accelerate when pushing forward., Stop in the middle, and reverse by pulling back is this

cl_joystick_invert_throttle = 1 ;to reverse throttle polarity

This should set up your throttle the standard way. Paste in the user.cfg

#27 Choppermike

• Pip
  • 19 posts
  • LocationTexas usa

Posted 17 December 2012 - 07:57 AM

View PostTheFuzzyBunny, on 14 December 2012 - 12:55 PM, said:

I had a problem similar to this. It was a shockingly easy fix. Look at your throttle. On the base there is three buttons. One of them should be glowing green, the center one. If it is not, press it, it will fix your problems. Let me know if that was your issue.

The green light is "ON" but thanks!

View PostAcid Phreak, on 14 December 2012 - 01:06 PM, said:

;joystick
;cl_joystick_gain = 8
;cl_joystick_sensitivity = 0.75
cl_joystick_invert_throttle = 1
;cl_joystick_invert_pitch = 1
;cl_joystick_invert_yaw = 0
;cl_joystick_invert_turn = 0
i_joystick_deadzone = 0.0005
;cl_joystick_deadzone = 0.0005

here is my user.cfg for the hotas x

note i use only the throttle (green light on!) bind all buttons ingame, no xml keyblabla :lol: if u want more sensitvity for ur stick u can enable the gain and sensitivity (smaller number-more sens) line bye deleting the semicolon ";" and play with the numbers. the invert setting is already set for throttle and stick (stick use "cl_joystick_invert_pitch = 1" for aircraft like invert up/down, delete the semicolon if u want use it.)

if u have trouble with deadzone u can set 0.05 or higher but i dont think u need that.

I'll try this set up and let you know. Thanks!
Mike

#28 zq8blazer

Rookie

• 5 posts

Posted 23 March 2013 - 06:31 AM

So I have copied the profile posted by OP to the user.cfg and both actionmaps.xml. I have also done what FUZZYBUNNY says to do except for the mapping, because I don't know where he went to do that (anyone know?). All my hotas is doing is turning the body to the left.

#29 TheFuzzyBunny

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 446 posts
  • LocationDetroit

Posted 23 March 2013 - 07:40 AM

Everything got changed with the latest joystick analog 'fix'. I lost one of my buttons and can't get it to remap. That being the case we are technically not supposed to change the actionmaps.xlm anymore. You are only allowed to change your user.cfg file. I'm not even sure if what was posted will work anymore since the new patch.

#30 zq8blazer

Rookie

• 5 posts

Posted 23 March 2013 - 10:46 AM

So what am I suppose to do about getting the hostas to work?

#31 TheFuzzyBunny

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 446 posts
  • LocationDetroit

Posted 23 March 2013 - 12:02 PM

Neither I, nor anyone else, would be very wise to tell you to specifically change any file that is not your user.cfg file as it could lead to banning or removal of our accounts. If you have done so you can try three things:

1) Uninstall the game then do a full install. Once that is done try using the joystick with the standard in game mapping and the changing of the user.cfg files alone. If that doesn't work contact support as they should help you because you followed their rules.

2) Continue to along the path you are currently on by modifying files the MWO team has said you should not do and get it to work. I do not suggest you do this as it could lead to a ban, or removal, of your account if the MWO team thinks you are doing so to gain an advantage over another player. Also unless you know what you are doing you might make the game unplayable by yourself by removing and changing code you should not.

3) Play with the keyboard and mouse. It sucks, I know.

Now note the instructions here were put in right after the game went to open Beta. They require you to change things that might not even be applicable anymore. Anyone who has already done so might be grandfathered in because when you patch it normally doesn't change the files already changed. However if you change them now what was done then, might not work. I hope that makes sense.

In any case I suggest you use route one, cross your fingers and hope it works. Reinstall from scratch, see if it works after you manually map it. Try it in the testing grounds. If not change the user.cfg as entailed here and try again. If it again doesn't work contact support.

Best of luck. I wish I was able to help you more.

#32 Skull Ringer

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 132 posts
  • LocationTexas

Posted 23 March 2013 - 01:44 PM

First off PGI should pull their thumbs out of their *** and actually HAVE some joystick support.
..Not holding my breath..
And yes, I can't keymap my buttons anymore either.
Does anyone have ALL available user.cfg assignments? Maybe we can Hard code assignments in user.cfg.

#33 zq8blazer

Rookie

• 5 posts

Posted 23 March 2013 - 06:05 PM

Thanks FuzzyBunny that really helped!

#34 TheFuzzyBunny

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 446 posts
  • LocationDetroit

Posted 23 March 2013 - 08:29 PM

I truly hope you were being serious and not trolling.

#35 VarietyOfCells

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • 904 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationNYC

Posted 24 March 2013 - 06:11 PM

View Postzq8blazer, on 23 March 2013 - 06:31 AM, said:

So I have copied the profile posted by OP to the user.cfg and both actionmaps.xml. I have also done what FUZZYBUNNY says to do except for the mapping, because I don't know where he went to do that (anyone know?). All my hotas is doing is turning the body to the left.

For what it's worth, my T Flight HOTAS works just as it did before the patch, without me having to change any settings outside of the UI. I did a fresh install and I didn't have to dig back into actionmaps to get it to work right, I just mapped the controls right in the game. The only thing that's weird is that I can't seem to get the battle grid to show up. Oh and mech's still stop moving while using the battle grid and a joystick.

So a fresh install might help people having problems. But yeah, I still don't use the joystick, they didn't do anything to help aiming controls. But the T Flight HOTAS has the best throttle for this game in my opinion, especially now that there is analog turning.

Hey, speaking of analog turning, anyone know any user.cfg commands for adjusting turning sensitivity? I'd like my deadzone to be a little tighter and turn a little slower and minimum input. It's still a little jerky.

#36 Ioke

Rookie

• 2 posts

Posted 05 September 2013 - 07:12 PM

This is a great thread guys. I bought a Thrustmaster Hotas yesterday after spending some time in the Mechwarrior pods at Dragoncon last weekend. I came home jonesing for some mech action and much to my delight found this game (I used to play the hell out of some Mechwarrior 3 Pirate's Moon back in the day). My throttle worked great when I first plugged in the Hotas then I messed with the controls a bit and couldn't get it working again. This thread saved my sanity. Much appreciated!

Ioke, The Armored Rose

#37 Spudz0r

• PipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 40 posts
  • LocationMelbourne, AU.

Posted 05 September 2013 - 07:54 PM

Extremely good write up Fuzz (and others) I found the thread very helpful.

The one question I do have (if you are still monitoring this thread) is this:

Is there a way to fix the actual stick from randomly forcing my mech to look at its feet?
It seems that either the deadzone or the game itself just does not like the analogue movement for pitch and almost permanently forces your arms to maxheight down. (critical miss foot shot anyone?)

Is there a way to fix the actual stick from randomly forcing my mech to look at its feet?
It seems that either the deadzone or the game itself just does not like the analogue movement for pitch and almost permanently forces your arms to maxheight down. (critical miss foot shot anyone?)

#38 TheFuzzyBunny

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 446 posts
  • LocationDetroit

Posted 08 September 2013 - 09:05 AM

View PostSpudz0r, on 05 September 2013 - 07:54 PM, said:

Extremely good write up Fuzz (and others) I found the thread very helpful.

I don't use the joystick part, only the throttle, so I cannot field this questions. I use a mouse as the joystick for this HOTAS is planly said pretty horrible. The deadzone is very large, and the stick is badly sluggish. I use the throttle and a mouse and it works wonders.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users