[Guide] Why you should love Fatlas! (A C-Bill grinding guide for the Atlas)

51 replies to this topic

#41 Vechs

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 807 posts

Posted 09 November 2012 - 01:48 PM

View PostSkyEstaLimit, on 09 November 2012 - 01:31 PM, said:

I tried out the zombie wang theory on a centurion 9-A and it works wonders really. I've played around with the setup a bit buts its the same idea.

It does grind good money but with an Atlas, i am not sure i see the point ? Once you have the most expensive mech around, what are you grinding money for ? I think you have done your fair share of grinding by that point, no ?

Personally, I'm only spending my MC for Mechbays and Hero mechs.

I'm using C-Bills for everything else.

I want to actually make use of the bonus money income on my Founder's Atlas, and this is the best way I've found to do it.

And "most expensive mech" isn't necessarily "The mech that Vechs feels like playing right now" :)

And also, don't forget about upgrades. Those cost millions to do, and that's just on a single mech.

Also.

Future mechs. More money never hurts, because new mechs will always be coming out. Personally, I'm salivating over the Highlander, and I'll probably want to Elite the thing.

So that... what? Like 60 million C-Bills for multiple variants? Something close to that.

And then there's the Stalker...

;)

#42 Vyviel

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 458 posts
  • LocationTerra

Posted 09 November 2012 - 04:01 PM

View PostVechs, on 09 November 2012 - 11:54 AM, said:

*shrugs*
Atlas arms have a lot of armor. And if they're shooting your arms that means they're not shooting the things that really matter. Also, you have two arms, and they're far apart on the mech frame, so the armor an enemy would have to get through to take off both arms is more than what they'd have to defeat to kill your left torso. So... what's the problem?

If they waste time going for both arms, thank them, because that means you've been crapping all over their middle sections with LRMs.

Anyway, I think my screenshots defend the build adequately.

Screenshots mean nothing you can earn 200K + a match with any founders mech by just playing normally even without repairs and rearm. The boost from founders and premium is usually 100,000+ on top of the 100,000 for winning.

My point is if your LEFT arm is blown up all the ammo will detonate and take out your LEFT torso containing your LRMS. So your teaching noobs bad habits and might explain why I have shot off a few guys arms and then the whole mech is detonating :)

Why not just stick the ammo in your RIGHT torso and use CASE. If your worried about losing all your ammo stick some spare in your legs since no one ever legs an atlas.

#43 SkyEstaLimit

• Pip
  • 10 posts

Posted 09 November 2012 - 04:52 PM

View PostVechs, on 09 November 2012 - 01:48 PM, said:

Personally, I'm only spending my MC for Mechbays and Hero mechs.

I'm using C-Bills for everything else.

I want to actually make use of the bonus money income on my Founder's Atlas, and this is the best way I've found to do it.

And "most expensive mech" isn't necessarily "The mech that Vechs feels like playing right now" :)

And also, don't forget about upgrades. Those cost millions to do, and that's just on a single mech.

Also.

Future mechs. More money never hurts, because new mechs will always be coming out. Personally, I'm salivating over the Highlander, and I'll probably want to Elite the thing.

So that... what? Like 60 million C-Bills for multiple variants? Something close to that.

And then there's the Stalker...

B)

Ah that explains it. I only have 4 slots since i dont find it to make much sense to spend real money on a beta game ? I guess the mech slots will stay once the games go live. Wont they server wipe when they release it ?

#44 Vechs

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 807 posts

Posted 09 November 2012 - 05:09 PM

View PostSkyEstaLimit, on 09 November 2012 - 04:52 PM, said:

Ah that explains it. I only have 4 slots since i dont find it to make much sense to spend real money on a beta game ? I guess the mech slots will stay once the games go live. Wont they server wipe when they release it ?

They've already released it.

Although the game is "Open Beta", for all practical purposes (Grinding money and earning XP) the game is released.

There won't be anymore resets.

#45 Goregrimm

• PipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 57 posts

Posted 09 November 2012 - 10:32 PM

View Postp00k, on 08 November 2012 - 10:46 PM, said:

as much as i feel LRMs are awful and only good for killing those who don't know how to defend themselves, i have to admit, this is probably the most profitable way to run an atlas; even laserboat atlases still need their share of armor and whatnot to be useful (granted skimping on repairs opens you up to being backstabbed by lights)

one thing to point out, the D is probably the best variant for this

the D-DC lets you pack triple LRM-15s certainly, and is probably second best, but it spits the 15's out in 3 smaller salvos (i think 6-6-3), meaning you don't get that big vomiting of LRMs you do with other variants

the RS is even worse, in that it takes even more salvos. i think it takes 4 to spit out a LRM-15, and 5 for an LRM20.(or something like that). spitting out LRM's in a long stream, once upon a time, people argued could keep your enemy shaking. now they don't shake much. even if they did shake, having a big cluster all at once means a lot more get through AMS

meanwhile, i think the D is able to spit out an LRM20 in 2 volleys.

Interesting. I didnt know diferent mechs had different firing patterns.

What are your thoughts on this, Vechs?

#46 Vechs

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 807 posts

Posted 09 November 2012 - 11:47 PM

View PostGoregrimm, on 09 November 2012 - 10:32 PM, said:

Honestly for the Founders Atlas, it doesn't seem to have a large impact, because it gets it's 40 LRMs out fast enough for me not to really notice any adverse effects.

For the lulz, try a Raven and put an LRM20 in the NARC tube, it'll fire 1 missile at a time. ;)

#47 Vyviel

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 458 posts
  • LocationTerra

Posted 10 November 2012 - 01:43 AM

View PostGoregrimm, on 09 November 2012 - 10:32 PM, said:

Its pretty simple just look at the mech and how many missile tubes it has. The Atlas D and DC both have 10 tubes so they can fire max 10 in a salvo. If you look at the Atlas RS it only has 5 tubes so it will fire 5 at a time.

#48 Outfoxed

• PipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 47 posts

Posted 10 November 2012 - 03:14 AM

Firstly I like this build, despite the "Noob bad habits" and the "fake screenshots". So thanks Vechs for a both informative and entertaining guide. I look forward to reading more from you. In fact feel free to write a guide on how I can build my Cents bought and payed for by my fatty. ;)

Now to the real nitty gritty, Artimas. I know, I know this Fatty is made on the idea that C-bills = king. But it is not going anywhere. True story I do not even have the option to sell it. So in the interest of grinding this like a dog grinds it's *** on a rug. Do you feel that the long term benifites of the expencive upgrades may be worth it in the long term?

#49 Jaynen

• Pip
  • 13 posts

Posted 10 November 2012 - 07:13 AM

Is there any reason you CANT use artemis and just get the 75% free repair?

#50 Vechs

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 807 posts

Posted 10 November 2012 - 01:46 PM

View PostVafer, on 10 November 2012 - 03:14 AM, said:

Firstly I like this build, despite the "Noob bad habits" and the "fake screenshots". So thanks Vechs for a both informative and entertaining guide. I look forward to reading more from you. In fact feel free to write a guide on how I can build my Cents bought and payed for by my fatty. :)

Now to the real nitty gritty, Artimas. I know, I know this Fatty is made on the idea that C-bills = king. But it is not going anywhere. True story I do not even have the option to sell it. So in the interest of grinding this like a dog grinds it's *** on a rug. Do you feel that the long term benifites of the expencive upgrades may be worth it in the long term?

View PostJaynen, on 10 November 2012 - 07:13 AM, said:

Is there any reason you CANT use artemis and just get the 75% free repair?

One nice thing about how you run with free repairs, is that yes, you can use Artemis and all the other fancy stuff, and just choose to not pay for the repair bills on it.

Just manually repair your Internals, and then manually repair your Left Torso armor, and there you go.

And item at 25% works just like one at 100% hp.

So your XL, DHS, Artemis or whatever else, you can run it for free.

#51 ArmandTulsen

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,184 posts

Posted 21 November 2012 - 02:29 AM

Lol'd @ "forget this nonsense."

#52 Tenisyn

Rookie

• The Covert
  • The Covert
  • 1 posts

Posted 22 November 2012 - 11:48 AM

Vechs, thank you for both of your builds. The zombie wang has already made me a better player and this is the most amusing build for an atlas I've played. Also, your builds are amusing to read.

On turkey execution day, you make the list of things I'm thankful for.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users