91 replies to this topic

#21 Taryys

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,685 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationWisconsin

Posted 02 November 2012 - 11:07 AM

When it is a known issue then there is no need to test it anymore.
The devs have specifically said that once a bug has been found to report it and quit breaking the game. Really simple.

It is just exploiting a know bug for personal gain to the detriment of everyone else.

View PostMorang, on 02 November 2012 - 10:59 AM, said:

So, as BETA TESTERS we need to TEST those broken things, right? Perhaps these people are TESTING the economy system, not just farming. Or TESTING the heat generation/dissipation and rate of damage and criticals chance done to the internals by overheating. Or TESTING "Out of Bounds" bug when counter continues even when you return inside the boundary.

What "abusing" and "breaking the game for others" you're talking about? If we are BETA TESTERS, it's our duty to break the game, to investigate loopholes and to push it to the limits, and if you don't like suiciding teammates- oh, as the BETA TESTER you're NOT ENTITLED to just play and enjoy your experience! Let the TESTERS do their job!

#22 Taryys

• 2,685 posts
  • LocationWisconsin

Posted 02 November 2012 - 01:22 PM

bump

#23 RazorC

• Pip
  • 17 posts

Posted 02 November 2012 - 02:26 PM

Good advise but I'm afraid very few will pay heed to it. Do many players even come to the forums?
I had an idea to deal with afk farmers but it's probably not a good one.
Black list. Like an ignore list, a blacklist that you can add players so that you don't have play with them. If they are on your list you don't get matched up with them. And if someone is blacklisted by so many people a GM can see what is up. Not really a solution but a work around....they still end up farming and have to be constantly blacklisted.

#24 Taryys

• 2,685 posts
  • LocationWisconsin

Posted 02 November 2012 - 02:30 PM

Yea, I am looking forward to to that too.
I am sure they will implement that at some point.

An idea I had to fix some of the issues and this came from another thread is:

keep the trial rotation
allow people to modify the trial mechs with the money they make but do not allow them access to ES, FF, dHS, XLs ...
remove the win/loss reward and then make sure the individual rewards are balanced per role

this should take care of the Farming and Grinding issue.

#25 Greyfyl

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 983 posts

Posted 02 November 2012 - 02:31 PM

So you are going to stop farming new players in premades until MM is proplerly implemented?

Just curious.

#26 Taryys

• 2,685 posts
  • LocationWisconsin

Posted 02 November 2012 - 02:33 PM

Is that a serious question or are you being antagonistic on purpose?

View PostGreyfyl, on 02 November 2012 - 02:31 PM, said:

So you are going to stop farming new players in premades until MM is proplerly implemented?

Just curious.

I PUG and premade too. I have a second non-founders account just to experience it.

#27 Greyfyl

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 983 posts

Posted 02 November 2012 - 02:36 PM

View PostTaryys, on 02 November 2012 - 02:33 PM, said:

Is that a serious question or are you being antagonistic on purpose?

A little of both to be quite honest. I do find it ironic that one of the major issues facing new players - getting roflstomped by premades was somehow left out of the equation.

#28 Taryys

• 2,685 posts
  • LocationWisconsin

Posted 02 November 2012 - 02:40 PM

Premades are not broken. Groups of people that chose to not work together in a team game is broken.

Yes, PUGs do not have the tools (integrated VOIP) and many PUG's do not care to work together.
If they choose to quickly form even a rudimentary plan like stick together and focus fire, PUGs can beat premades, especially if there are one or two good players PUGGing with them.

Shall we stop playing in a group because people who PUG seem to care less about working together?
I am not sure how that would help anything. If anything losing to an occasional Premade will make them think about working together.

A match maker fix is coming soon. I cannot wait for it. Playing against PUGs is not fun or interesting.

No, I addressed it directly.

Things are broken and things are going to be fixed, and the Match Maker is one of them. For me that was one of the most important things that they should have figured out before open beta. I really wanted that, just for this reason.

ROFL stomping PUGs is not interesting for any of us.

#29 Greyfyl

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 983 posts

Posted 02 November 2012 - 02:46 PM

View PostTaryys, on 02 November 2012 - 02:40 PM, said:

Premades are not broken. Groups of people that chose to not work together in a team game is broken.

I will say this till I'm blue in the face - your insistence on running premades is just adding to all the other issues this game has for new players trying it out.

Whether you want to admit it or not - there is a large percentage of gamers that don't want to be forced into TS with people like you. I love the MW series so I will put up with how horrible pugs are right now - but many new players will just simply leave after one night with the current state of the game.

This game is on thin ice whether you premade insisting founders want to admit it or not. It needs to get good publicity AND GOOD WORD OF MOUTH from the gaming community as a whole. I don't think that's happening right now.

#30 Taryys

• 2,685 posts
  • LocationWisconsin

Posted 02 November 2012 - 02:49 PM

I agree completely.

I cannot wait for Match Maker fixes. They really, really need to be done.

I PUG too and getting steam rolled because everyone scatters is not fun. I refuse to play my LRM C1 because of this.

#31 Guido

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 450 posts
  • LocationOne battlefield or another

Posted 02 November 2012 - 02:50 PM

I've already reported several players for being disrespectful, and I take the screenshots too. Whether anything comes of this? Meh, I don't know, but I'm doing it anyway. My whole unit is informed to do this as well.

So for those who think being disrespectful is okay because your on the internet playing a game, guess again. You will be reported, and you will have actions taken against you. If need be, we merc units will start creating external name & shame websites for those that fall under the ***hat category and passing them around the Merc leaders. We do communicate with each other. You think it's no fun playing mechwarrior now, wait until you can't join a proper team because you've been blacklisted for being disrespectful of other players in the community.

And I'm not talking about the AFK farmers or the suicide artists, though I keep track of them too. I'm talking about the guys who start insulting other players on the chat. Behave, and use some manners.

Edited by Guido, 02 November 2012 - 02:52 PM.

#32 Taryys

• 2,685 posts
  • LocationWisconsin

Posted 02 November 2012 - 02:52 PM

Interesting thought...

I have a few names on my list...

#33 Beo Vulf

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 739 posts
  • LocationHalsey, NE

Posted 02 November 2012 - 07:52 PM

They can also go here.
http://mwomercs.com/...ew-to-the-game/

#34 Ghodere

Rookie

• Big Brother
  • 3 posts

Posted 05 November 2012 - 02:03 PM

I jumped on and started playing with open beta, and if I hadn't suicide farmed with trials, whether because I felt it was wrong or it wasn't possible/was punished, I really doubt I'd still be playing. As it was, I was able to grind mindlessly for a few hours, then get my first mech, a 6xsl cicada. I'd tried normally playing with trials, as I'd prefer to actually play for a whole bunch of hours over suicide for a few, but... I can honestly say that the first fun I had in this game was when I got my own mech. I'd guess I'm already in the minority, of people who are willing to grind without fun for a few hours to get to a point where the game is fun, but as far as playing over and over in a trial mech... I don't know, I enjoy the game at this point. Because of that I don't need to suicide grind anymore, so what they do to it now doesn't really affect me, but I'll say I don't envy a new pilot who comes in when suiciding isn't an option. Fun will be a long way away.

#35 Taryys

• 2,685 posts
  • LocationWisconsin

Posted 05 November 2012 - 02:04 PM

You will be happy to know that there are some interesting changes coming in the patch tomorrow:

http://mwomercs.com/...0-into-the-lab/

#36 M4NTiC0R3X

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 1,309 posts

Posted 07 November 2012 - 02:13 PM

I can vouch that PGI takes reports very seriously

edit: and is not afraid to detail the outcome personally.

Edited by M4NTiC0R3X, 07 November 2012 - 02:14 PM.

#37 Taryys

• 2,685 posts
  • LocationWisconsin

Posted 07 November 2012 - 02:14 PM

Good to hear.
Thanks for letting us know.

Were you on the receiving end?

#38 Particle Man

• FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 1,029 posts
  • LocationPhoenix, AZ

Posted 07 November 2012 - 02:26 PM

View PostVermaxx, on 02 November 2012 - 09:15 AM, said:

I'll report them when I can do it in game, without needing to write sht down or alt tab to Gmail.

Until then, I'm going to assume PGI doesn't want to know.

except they've specifically told us multiple times to do that very thing. So they obviously DO want to know.

#39 M4NTiC0R3X

• Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 1,309 posts

Posted 07 November 2012 - 03:01 PM

View PostTaryys, on 07 November 2012 - 02:14 PM, said:

Good to hear.
Thanks for letting us know.

Were you on the receiving end?

No I was not under the gun, let's just say a sore loser said some things to his team they shouldn't have 'n then ragequit... (a competitive laugh is one thing, or a quick tease.. just make sure it's not a personal attack)

All I had to do was remember the players name, easy as that!

View PostParticle Man, on 07 November 2012 - 02:26 PM, said:

except they've specifically told us multiple times to do that very thing. So they obviously DO want to know.

Indeed, they were quick to respond and very clear as to what steps they were taking to ensure that player remains orderly...
It'd be quite dissapointing to see players names in the credits who've been banned, though they [the offender] probably wouldn't care.. it's sad, to me.

Edited by M4NTiC0R3X, 07 November 2012 - 03:04 PM.

#40 Taryys

• 2,685 posts
  • LocationWisconsin

Posted 08 November 2012 - 08:25 AM

Thanks for doing you part to help keep things clean. ;)

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users