Need help with Hunchback HBK-4P

42 replies to this topic

#41 JC Daxion

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Liquid Metal
  • Liquid Metal
  • 5,230 posts

Posted 30 May 2014 - 02:09 AM

Give this a try... The mech does not look all that heat friendly, and it isn't.. if you fire all your weapons.. But if you use the ERLL's at range,, and switch to the SMPL's up close.. you really get a lotta fire power outta it..

http://mwo.smurfy-ne...919c9eca0633105

You really need to manage your heat, but i found the same thing when you go with the 9 ML versions too..

the best part, if you run up again a 9 ML HBK, you range um.. or ya sneak up behind um and SPL his back off faster than he can twist.. really is a pretty nice set up..

this one is a bit more heat friendly, and the Tag is always nice for those ECM mechs to help your buddies lock and find... again, use the ERLL's at range.. that way you are doing damage when the 9ML HBK's can't touch ya early.. less work when it comes time to move in.

http://mwo.smurfy-ne...88147f3dbd0246d

Edited by JC Daxion, 30 May 2014 - 02:21 AM.

#42 Rushin Roulette

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • WC 2018 Top 12 Qualifier
  • WC 2018 Top 12 Qualifier
  • 3,514 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 30 May 2014 - 02:22 AM

View PostJC Daxion, on 30 May 2014 - 02:09 AM, said:

Give this a try... The mech does not look all that heat friendly, and it isn't.. if you fire all your weapons.. But if you use the ERLL's at range,, and switch to the SMPL's up close.. you really get a lotta fire power outta it..

http://mwo.smurfy-ne...919c9eca0633105

You really need to manage your heat, but i found the same thing when you go with the 9 ML versions too..

the best part, if you run up again a 9 ML HBK, you range um.. or ya sneak up behind um and SPL his back off faster than he can twist.. really is a pretty nice set up..

ba sacrificing less then 2,5 damage points (small lasers in stead of small pulse lasers) you can get the mech faster (just over 5KPH makes a big difference), cooler and a higher sustained DPS along with an extra heat sink.

HBK-4P

#43 JC Daxion

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Liquid Metal
  • Liquid Metal
  • 5,230 posts

Posted 30 May 2014 - 10:38 AM

View PostRushin Roulette, on 30 May 2014 - 02:22 AM, said:

ba sacrificing less then 2,5 damage points (small lasers in stead of small pulse lasers) you can get the mech faster (just over 5KPH makes a big difference), cooler and a higher sustained DPS along with an extra heat sink.

HBK-4P

Cool build.., But remember, for some, pulse lasers are a lot easier to get the full damage.. Instead of having to keep the SML's on target for as long.. you can do the full damage in half the time.

the flip side, is if you miss you do none, where you can sweep with the normal lasers for partial damage..

Granted it all depends on the person and the situation, But i'd say both are worth trying to see what works best for the individual.. But hey, I might have to give that load out a try.. as i have just gotten my STD 275 with the Cent a bit back..

but outside of all that, i just love pulse lasers can't get enough dit dit dit dit! :)

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users