House Players making their own Contracts and Preferences for Merc Corps

8 replies to this topic

#1 Will9761

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Brother
  • Big Brother
  • 4,672 posts

Posted 10 April 2012 - 10:11 PM

House Players should make contracts for Merc Corps players,even though Merc Corps have generated contracts,I was thinking about the idea of some house players making their own contracts for mercenaries. I also think that it would be benefitial to House players and Merc Corps. House player because they might need the extra help for conquering planets (or if the house player is completely lazy and wants someone else to do the dirty work for them.)and it will also help Merc Corps with loyalty points because you are give them rewards for fighting with your House. You don't have to make your own contract but it is optional if you need the Merc Corp's help.

Here is an description of a Player-made contract:

Description:Description of the contract.

Employer:The individual who made the contract.

Faction Alignment:the house you are working for.

Expected Resistance:Enemy faction you must fight.

Type of Mission:Whatever mission contract it tells you.

Cost:C-bills you are willing to give the employee.

Bonus:Additional C-bills for completing the objective.

Reward: anything you give them in return for completing the mission like,more salvage or more C-bills.

Joint or Solo Unit:

Joint-Merc Corps and House player mission.
Solo- Merc Corps-only mission.
_______________________________________________________________________________________________
You do have a variety of missions like:

Attack-Sending a Merc Corp to attack enemy factions or capture territory.

Defense-Sending a Merc Corp to defend friendly forces or territory.

Assault-House and Mercenary units form a joint company to attack the enemy faction or capture a territory.

S.O.S-This contract will tell Merc Corps what planet you are on and drop you in the battle were you employer is.

Assassination-The Merc Corps must attack a specific player or unit.
Name of Enemy Unit or Player:________________________

Price of Enemy Unit or Player:How many C-bills you want to offer the Merc Corps.
_________________________________________________________________________________________

You can even prefer, blacklist, or reinstate Merc Corps for contracts.

Prefer-You can recommend Merc Corps anytime and offer them any rewards.

Blacklist-If their is a Merc Corps you can't tolerate or has betrayed you, blacklisting ensures that you will never have to hire them again.

Reinstate-If there is a blacklisted Merc Corps you want to use again,you can choose to reinstate them.

You are also given the option to delete Merc Corps from you Contact list
Here is an example.

Merc Corps Contacts:
Blue Dragons
Crazy Eights
SwordStrikers

Red-Blacklisted, Green-Prefered, Grey-Neutral
________________________________________________________________________________________________
Blue Dragons:
x.Prefer
Blacklist
Reinstate
delete

Crazy Eights:
Prefer
x.Blacklist
Reinstate
delete

SwordStrikers:
Prefer
Blacklist
x.Reinstate
delete

Edited by Will9761, 10 April 2012 - 10:30 PM.

#2 Nik Van Rhijn

• 2,905 posts
  • LocationLost

Posted 11 April 2012 - 06:26 AM

Who are these "House players" that would generate these contracts and where woild they get the money from. The devs are "running" the houses set up the mechanism for generating Merc contracts. House fights are done in the same way we assume but are open to any house member.

#3 MaddMaxx

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 5,911 posts
  • LocationNova Scotia, Canada

Posted 11 April 2012 - 06:41 AM

Call it morbid curiosity, but if you have one of these:

"Blacklist-If their is a Merc Corps you can't tolerate or has betrayed you, blacklisting ensures that you will never have to hire them again.
with Names on it.

why would you ever need/want to do this

Reinstate-If there is a blacklisted Merc Corps you want to use again,you can choose to reinstate them.

Edited by MaddMaxx, 11 April 2012 - 06:43 AM.

#4 Dihm

• 3,312 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • LocationPlanet Trondheim

Posted 11 April 2012 - 08:43 AM

View PostNik Van Rhijn, on 11 April 2012 - 06:26 AM, said:

Who are these "House players" that would generate these contracts and where woild they get the money from. The devs are "running" the houses set up the mechanism for generating Merc contracts. House fights are done in the same way we assume but are open to any house member.

What Nik said. Players will not be in control of the Houses. With only their personal finances to offer for contracts, I highly doubt that would be enough to tempt me to hire my unit out to an individual.

#5 Bullwerk

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • 185 posts
  • LocationBremerton, Wa

Posted 11 April 2012 - 12:05 PM

I agree with Dihm on this. While the idea sounds nice as a concept that's about where it starts to fall short given what we know about the way the game is set up. If Houses were player run that would be a different story but thank the gods that's not the case, I wouldn't want the game running in a way that encourages anything like the CoC setup from previous Online BT products, not even for this functionality.

#6 Will9761

• Big Brother
  • Big Brother
  • 4,672 posts

Posted 11 April 2012 - 01:16 PM

View PostNik Van Rhijn, on 11 April 2012 - 06:26 AM, said:

The House Players are players fighting with the Inner Sphere and they can only use their C-bills they have obtained through battles or other resources. But that is good to know about the set up.

#7 Will9761

• Big Brother
  • Big Brother
  • 4,672 posts

Posted 11 April 2012 - 01:34 PM

I admit that I got carried away about the Reinstating and Blacklisting part, and more. I was just thinking of how cool it would be to have the opportunity to hire you own Merc Corps to help you with your missions.

Edited by Will9761, 11 April 2012 - 03:46 PM.

#8 FinnMcKool

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,600 posts
  • Locationunknown

Posted 11 April 2012 - 08:19 PM

I could see some nasty setups mmm?????

Black ops, or just plain dirty deeds done dirt cheep.

and dont for get your employer maybe seting you up??????

#9 Exilyth

• Bridesmaid
  • 2,100 posts
  • LocationTerra

Posted 12 April 2012 - 04:03 AM

If house players were able to hire mercs, there'd be more contracts from houses with more players. Many merc units would fight for their favorite faction anyway, but that still leaves the rest with a pretty skewed market.

7 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 7 guests, 0 anonymous users